[Fred] Chapter 10: The Crystal Temple

Started by Throndir, December 19, 2020, 07:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 10: The Crystal Temple》
Section 1
Day 9 - Late Afternoon

As you were returning back towards the camp site with the glowing blue flower in tow, Lai Ju managed to spot a section of the caverns that dipped lower, and with a quick investigation, found glowing pillars arranged neatly and symmetrically, leading towards a raised dais further on. The pillars seemed to glow from the crystals, though upon closer inspection, the pillars themselves were created out of crystals. The floor was surprisingly polished, as such the ceiling as well. At the end of the hall of crystal pillars looked to be a large crystal, and on top of it, what looked to be a miniature crystal tree. There were no signs of animals or monsters having come near either, and strangely enough, there was a strange feeling in the air.

[info]Roll a Mental Resist check[/info]

[info]It's about 120 ft. to the raised dais, and then another 10 ft. to the base of the crystal with the miniature crystal tree on top.[/info]

"I never would have realized all this would be underneath Muyang..." Lai Ju whispered.

[spoiler=Exploration]Log
Deeper to Section 1, area 1, success, encountered shimmering blob.
Deeper to Section 1, area 2, success, encountered nothing. At glowing blue flower.
Spent time extracting flower successfully.
Retreat to Section 1, area 1, success, encountered nothing.
Retreat to Section 1, Spirit Tree camp, success, encountered something.

Materials: First-aid equipment, equipment necessary to carry the flower, rope, rations, gathering equipment (for aiding in creature disassembly). Spare unisex clothes for multiple people (Forced on him by Ju in case of Destroy mishaps, this will likely be a regular inventory item)

Goal: Glowing blue flower in section 1
Movement: Half-movement

Formation
Scout: Lai Ju (primarily Perception and Stealth for reporting encounters ahead, in case she fails, the rest of the party rolls Perception and Stealth)
Guide: Fred (described above)
Cartographer: Filiane (described above)
Rear Guard: Eydth, Tiffany (circumstance bonus on Perception behind)
Point Guard: Gu Bai, Bethany (circumstance bonus on Perception in front)

Mapping
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 1, Mapped
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 2, Mapped
Area: Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 3, Mapped[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Ju?" Fred called out as he noticed Lai Ju's sudden change in behavior, veering away from the known path back to camp. When she made her way further down that path, Fred signaled everyone to follow. Shortly afterward, all he could do is stare in awe at the crystalline structures before him. "Whoa~!"

Replying to Lai Ju's statement, Fred muttered out, "I don't think anyone could have expected it..."

[info][blockquote]Mental Resist:  1d20+14 : 19 + 14, total 33[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Section 1
Day 9 - Late Afternoon

But no one responded. As you glanced over to the others, you realized that their eyes were glazed over, with an almost sleepy-look to them. Then slowly, but together, they all turned away from the crystal-filled room, and began walking in the direction they had come in.

Linwelin

"Huh? Ju? Everyone? Where are you going!? Wait, their eyes-" Fred stops his panic and calm begins assessing the situation. First, and most importantly, he looks to his friends to study their actions. They're just...leaving. The look in the eyes was strange, too. Fred then spins around to address the room again, looking throughout it and inspecting for any more clues as to what happened.

[info]Making a spellcraft check to understand the spell in effect. Then a perception check to understand what caused it and its intent.

[blockquote]Spellcraft:  1d20+14 : 9 + 14, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+19 : 8 + 19, total 27[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Section 1 - Crystal Temple
Day 9 - Late Afternoon

"Go back to your home." The voice seemed to whisper in your ear. It was a compulsive effect, and you almost had an extreme desire to walk back out.

[info]Spellcraft: 23
From the flow of mana, you instinctively realized that this spell spoke some sort of mental suggestion or compulsion into each of your companions. It was a rather complex spell, it wasn't something at all that you could imagine elemental magic that you've seen thus far could accomplish, yet there was some semblance of elemental magic mixed in. In terms of what it was able to accomplish, it was powerful, though, not in the same sense a blast of fire, or a tidal wave of water. There were strands of each of the elements, yet there was a missing piece to it that was different from the magic you've seen your companions cast. It was almost as if this was a much more raw type of magic.

Out of Character: Tier 7, Moon element from Elemental Magicka system, Whispered message acts as a compulsive suggestion, DC 27 to resist.[/info]

[info]Perception: 27
In the distance sitting on the crystal tree 120 ft. away, looked to be a small humanoid, appearing from behind the crystal tree. From the distance of what you expected, it wasn't very big, perhaps a foot at most, and you had almost missed it. It seemed to have floating crystals on its back almost displayed like wings.[/info]

[info]Roll initiative! And feel free to state actions as well.[/info]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+9 : 18 + 9, total 27[/blockquote]

Fred does not make any aggressive movements, as he doesn't feel threatened, and is instead curious.

[blockquote]Diplomacy:  1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

"Hello! Behind the tree!" Fred called out and waved in a friendly manner. "I'll leave in a moment, since I can't leave my friends in that state, but can we talk first? If I understand more about this place, maybe I can help you keep others away easier, if that's what you want." He pauses for a moment to look at the mana flowing through the area before speaking once more, "Also, this magic is beautiful. Powerful, yet peaceful. If this mana says anything about the kind of being you are, then I can only say I like you."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Second requested diplomacy for Influence Attitude check. First check was for a Request to talk.
[blockquote]Diplomacy:  1d20+8 : 19 + 8, total 27[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Section 1 - Crystal Temple
Day 9 - Late Afternoon

[info]Out of initiative order.[/info]
Through your mana sensitivity, you noted another gathering of mana, as if the creature was about to cast yet another spell. Though you managed to speak first, and it was enough to give the creature some pause.

There was a deliberate pause, but eventually, the creature you had seen levitated, or perhaps flew up above the crystal tree, then gently landed on one of its branches. Though it was shaped as a female human, it stood not more than a foot long from head to toe, crystal levitating wings floating behind it, and a vibrant set of blue-colored hair. You noted that this small individual was not wearing any clothing at all, and was completely naked. Though, unlike some of your own companions of the Dark Ravens, showed no sense of embarrassment at all with the fact. The only thing that could pass as clothing on her was a set of blue ribbons that tier her hair back.

As you stared at her, you noticed that she would seem to disappear from view completely, becoming something more like a glowing orb, though as you focused, her humanoid form would appear again. It was hard to tell whether it was a trick of the eyes or some other thing.

[spoiler]
"Hmm... You can see me. That is surprising.... Very well, we will allow it." She said. Her eyes took your form in.

"You are familiar. Come closer and we may talk."

There was a flare of mana, and in a few moments, an outcropping of crystals appeared beside the crystal tree, shaped in something akin to a make-shift chair.
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Fred's first impression was that the girl before him was a child, but her actions and general bearing gave the impression that she was not only much older than she looked, but powerful as well. Though her words were almost song-like, the hair on the back of Fred's neck stood up with a chill. He was finally recognizing just who or what he'd signaled to. Still, that didn't shake his attitude, nor his curiosity. "Great!" Fred chirped as he walked toward the prepared seat. "It really is incredible that you can shape the crystal like this. So what is this place? And why is it so important to keep people away from it?" Fred questioned to start off the conversation, then remembered the the etiquette he'd been taught in his first week as a human. "Oh, right. My name is Fred!" He beamed cheerfully at the woman from his seat below.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"My, my, you are quite the lively being." The small and naked miniature humanoid smiled, though, it was far from the warm smiles of your companions. It was more as if the little creature was amused. She fluttered down to the base of her crystal tree, so that the two of you were now at eye-level.

"We are named Moonarianasoletteagem. As such was granted to us by the goddess. Though we understand the need for simpler names. A human had once called me 'Moongem', so that will suffice for one such as yourself. We are a protector of this world, many others too claimed that title, though... we are now alone." She paused briefly. But it was enough from that and her slight change in voice to detect a hint of sadness in it. The creature continued on, however, and you probably would have missed the change in her speech if not for your extreme sensitivity granted to you since becoming a human and a hero.

"This is a temple dedicated to the goddesses, maintained by me for... who knows... many years." The creature shrugged.

"But ever we am more interested about you. Why has one blessed as you come to visit? It has been a long time since we've seen one of your kind."

Linwelin

Fred chuckles sheepishly at the comment on his liveliness. "Well this is all a new experience for me- and I mean all- so I've been getting excited easily."

Hearing her talk about her name and origins, Fred became a bit more solemn. "It sounds like your circumstances haven't been good for you for a while. You're alone now? And as for your name...'suffice'. I don't like that, a name is important." Fred thinks back to the thought he put into his own name before snapping out of the momentary thought to focus back onto her. "How would you like me to address you? Even if I struggle at first, I'll learn it."

"A 'temple'?" Fred asks, unfamiliar with the word at first before remembering the gathering places in his past life. "All I know is that people seemed to gather together in something like that, but I don't know the purpose. What is this temple used for? It's dedicated to the goddesses to what end? And...you've maintained this whole place by yourself for years?" Fred looked at her with a gaze of surprise and amazement. "That must have taken a lot of effort."

Fred was taken aback for a moment, "Why did I come here? Good question." Fred lets out a light snort as he realizes he really doesn't have any reason to be here. "My friends and I were coming back from the caverns with a special plant to help our comrades when one of them noticed this place and came to investigate. And now I'm here, fascinated. That's about it." As he wraps up his simple explanation, Fred comprehends her questions a bit more and notices a peculiar part of her statement. "'One blessed as me'? 'One of my kind'? Were you able to tell I'm one of those 'heroes' just by looking at me?" He says with a bit of shock.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The figure smiled wryly towards you.

"Moonarianasoletteagem." The winged creature repeated. "Moonarianasoletteagem. The name the goddess granted to me when we was not yet part of this world."

"This temple is to worship the goddess. We've stood guard for it for many years, but the last few thousand years have been... Difficult. You are the first we've spoken to since the humans that visited... Their city was cut apart and placed underground near here apparently."

"Truly, it's been too long since we've seen or spoken to anyone else. And for that to be one of the blessed..." The fairy fluttered over towards you, going around you a full circle before floating back to her original place.

"A hero is another way to call one such as you. But you are the blessed, as you have the blessings of the goddesses. To my eyes, you glow brightly, more so than the others, or any creature I have seen in a long time."

"We must deign to ask. How long are you able to stay?"

Linwelin

Fred took a moment to focus on the name, trying to tap into his past mimicry skills as a raven to hopefully make the name stick. "Moon...ariana...solettea...gem. Moonarianasoletteagem. Right, I think I got it. It's an interesting name." He grinned back at her, happy with his progress.

Fred's ears perked up with the mention of the underground human city. "There's a city somewhere down here? I would have never guessed. There's actually one above these caverns, too. My friends and I came from there, seeking refuge while we grow our strength and gain stability again. Do you happen to know where this city is? I'd like to visit at some point."

"Oh! So you can see a persons...strength? Potential? Divine connections? What is that sight, and how can you do it?"

"How long..." Fred thinks for a moment. "Probably not much longer. Once my friends wake from that spell of yours, they will likely panic that I'm not there with them. I should make sure they're doing well. However, I know where this is now, and I'll happily come visit again soon, and that time for much longer. All that matters for whether I can stay is that my friends know I'm safe."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Requested diplomacy checks
[blockquote]Diplomacy 1:  1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Diplomacy 2:  1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"A city yes... Though, we must clarify that it was simply a part of a city. Imagine thou will one of the surface cities, cut a quarter of it - through buildings, roads, and the like - and place them in an underground cavern. If one could call that a city, then yes. However, such was thousands of years ago... You may yet find evidence of this city, though likely ruins instead are what you will find."

[info]Diplomacy: 15[/info]

"As for its location. We were never told. A few thousand years ago we had run into a group of human survivors from that very city. Those were our last human visitors since before you and your friends. They were refugees. They told us the remnant people of the city were no longer unified, and the mass hysteria only followed them deep in these caverns. They had attempted to live in their part of the city for a while, but scarce resources, city turmoil, and monsters that threatened them daily, many of them decided to attempt to find back to the surface. Some of those survivors... They stayed with us here at our temple for a while." Moonarianasoletteagem's eyes seemed to look almost fondly at the past, staring at nothing in particular as she went through her memories.

"We provided them with food and water... But of course, such things couldn't last. All but one of them left us to continue their journey. And that one who remained, always we could tell that she wanted to one day see the surface, but ever was she too kind to stay with us here at our temple. She never prompted us to leave our temple and take her to the surface, knowing full well we have served as guardian for thousands of years." You caught her voice slightly tinged with a melancholic tone. Though she turned her eyes straight towards you once again.

"Our eyes see the goddess' power. It is something unique to our race. And if a blessed such as thee have come here, as evidence of this sight, perhaps... Perhaps..." She paused for a moment as her troubled eyes searched for the answer. But eventually, she shook her head.

[info]Diplomacy: 11[/info]

"No." Moonarianasoletteagem's expression hardened. In a sudden moment, the entrance behind you closed suddenly with crystals growing abnormally fast, blocking the entrance. "Thy friends outside can feel free to go. We have not had anyone to speak to for too long. Since those humans left... Since she died. We realized that we want people around. To talk with. To laugh with. Thou are a blessed, and such, will live a truly long time..."

[spoiler]
"... with me."
[/spoiler]