Chapter 2.1 - A Request for Aid

Started by pringerbeam, December 17, 2020, 08:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

Belsarus finds their thoughts clouded, the most important thing on their mind was getting a better look at that golden flower. They walk forward to get a better look.

[error]Belsarus is Fascinated and moves towards Plant[/error]

[info]Melody to take turn[/info]

Encounter Info
[spoiler]Roll20 Link

Initiative Order: Belsarus, Melody, Spira, Riven, Jo'Davan, Helba, Plant, Thrall 2, Thrall 3, Thrall 1, Thrall 4, Thrall 5

Log
Belsarus is Fascinated
Thrall 3 misses Riven
Plant sprays Belsarus, damages Riven
Helba damages Plant, Scruff slays Thrall 5
Jo'Davan damages Plant, Thrall 5
Riven misses Plant
Melody slays Thrall 4
Belsarus slays Thrall 1
Spira Escapes Thrall 3
Thrall 5 damages Jo'Davan
Thrall 4 moves
Thrall 1 misses Belsarus
Thrall 3 damages Spira
Plant damages Belsarus and Jo'Davan, takes persistent fire damage
Helba damages Thall 3
Jo'Davan misses Thrall 3
Spira damages Plant, persistent fire damage
Melody slays Thrall 2
Belsarus misses Thrall 2

[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Action 1: Stride 10 ft. SE,
Action 2-3: Cast a Spell, Divine Lance, Good, on Thrall 3
[blockquote]Ranged Spell Attack 1d20+7 : 8 + 7, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]dmg, good 1d4+4 : 4 + 4, total 8[/blockquote]

[spoiler=Divine Lance Reference]DIVINE LANCE
CANTRIP 1
ATTACK
CANTRIP
EVOCATION
Traditions divine
Cast � somatic, verbal
Range 30 feet; Targets 1 creature
You unleash a beam of divine energy. Choose an alignment your deity has (chaotic, evil, good, or lawful). You can't cast this spell if you don't have a deity or if your deity is true neutral. Make a ranged spell attack roll against the target's AC. On a hit, the target takes damage of the chosen alignment type equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier (double damage on a critical hit). The spell gains the trait of the alignment you chose.[/spoiler]

pringerbeam

Another ray from Melody blasts the final thrall in the back, causing vines to burst forth from the ruptured skin.

[okay] Melody damages Thrall 3[/okay]
[error] Thrall 3 gains extended limbs[/error]

[info] Spira to take turn[/info]

Encounter Info
[spoiler]Roll20 Link

Initiative Order: Belsarus, Melody, Spira, Riven, Jo'Davan, Helba, Plant, Thrall 2, Thrall 3, Thrall 1, Thrall 4, Thrall 5

Log
Melody damages Thrall 3
Belsarus is Fascinated
Thrall 3 misses Riven
Riven misses Plant
Melody slays Thrall 4
Belsarus slays Thrall 1
Spira Escapes Thrall 3
Thrall 4 moves
Thrall 1 misses Belsarus
Thrall 3 damages Spira
Helba damages Thall 3
Jo'Davan misses Thrall 3
Melody slays Thrall 2
Belsarus misses Thrall 2

[/spoiler]

Asta

Spira pulls a previously unmixed vial from her belt and gives it a quick shake, turning the materials inside a bright red. Taking a few steps forward, she hurls the bottle over Belsarus' head at the plant.

[info]Quick Alchemy (Alchemists Fire)>Stride>Strike (Alchemists Fire)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 4 + 7, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 4, total 4[/blockquote] fire damage, 1 fire splash, persistent fire damage[/info]

pringerbeam

The alchemist fire strikes the ground next to the plant but the shower of flames splashes against the flower which, already badly burned from the ongoing flames, finally succumbs to the wounds. Its tendrils cease whipping around and slumps into a smoldering pile, no longer animated. Its sweet musk scent quickly replaced by an oily burning smell.

[okay]Spira misses Plant, Plant takes splash damage and is slain.[/okay]

[info]Riven to take turn[/info]

Encounter Info
[spoiler]Roll20 Link

Log
Spira slays Plant
Melody damages Thrall 3
Belsarus is Fascinated
Thrall 3 misses Riven
Riven misses Plant
Melody slays Thrall 4
Belsarus slays Thrall 1
Spira Escapes Thrall 3
Thrall 4 moves
Thrall 1 misses Belsarus
Thrall 3 damages Spira
Helba damages Thall 3
Jo'Davan misses Thrall 3
Melody slays Thrall 2
Belsarus misses Thrall 2

[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Riven covered in a mixture of his own blood and plant semi burning plant goop does his best to face down the last thrall behind him. His fang perhaps the cleanest thing about him at this point.

He let out a loud mournful howl before trying to ripe out the neck of the creature with his teeth. Before almost going unconscious himself.

[info]

attack 1

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 14 + 8, total 22[/blockquote]

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10+6 : 5 + 6, total 11[/blockquote]

attack 2

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote]

Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d10+6 : 2 + 6, total 8[/blockquote]

[/info]

pringerbeam

Riven's jaws tear through the remaining thrall, practically decapitating it. The thrall's head flops over backwards as it falls to its knees and keels onto its side no longer animated. With that, the final enemy is slain and a quiet falls upon the dark glade, punctuated only by the occasional spasm of a tendril or the low hiss of burning vegetation.

[okay]Riven critically hits and slays Thrall 3[/okay]

[info]Encounter over everyone gains 115 xp[/info]

Asta

"Well, that was... Thrilling." Spira says dryly, stowing her weapon. "Rifle their pockets and head back to the loggers?"

Oath

Belsarus rubs his temple and shakes his head. "I'd rather not see another plant like that in my lifetime, if we are being honest." He checks the bodies to ensure nothing is left behind.

pringerbeam

Going through the pockets of the thralls, you find a handful of silver coinage. Additionally, over by the original resting place of the plant, a slight glimmer of reflected light from Melody's spell catches your eye. Upon further investigation you find a pile of bones in various levels of decomposition and gripped in one skeletal hand is a bronze disc. The palm sized disc is engraved with arcane script and in its center is a small ampoule of orange liquid.

[info]You find 20 sp among the bodies

You find a talisman[/info]

Oath

"Found a handful of coins and this odd disc, looks like something magical. Anyone got an idea?"

Mysticsage

"Right now, my head is too scrambled, and I've lost too much blood to care about whatever these things scavenged from corpses," Riven wheezed to the question.

He did his best to limp away from the burning mess that was the bodies of their foes, as he spat the last bits of flesh from his mouth. He only made it a short distance before he got woozy and slumped hard against a nearby tree, his green skin tinted strange colors from the mixture of his own blood and the various floods of the creatures.

"I think I will need some help getting back, and if we get in another fight without some proper help, I'm probably gonna be nothing but dead weight.

Throndir

"Let me take a look mister Riven!" Melody declared as she marched her way over to the half-orc. "It'll take 10 minutes... If anyone else is injured, just line up!"

[info]If there is enough time, Melody will begin treating wounds for everyone. I'll roll more if other PCs want them.

[blockquote]Medicine, Treat Wounds 1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if critical failure 1d8 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if success 2d8 : 6, 6, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if critical success 2d8 : 4, 5, total 9[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

Taking a couple of minutes to bind Riven's wounds, you are then able to head back to the logging camp. There, you find the lumberjacks from before, apparently anxiously awaiting your arrival. Seeing your party emerge from the treeline the apparent leader from before waves at you from the entrance of the lodge. "You're back and looking worse for wear. I'm guessing that means you found the flower. Is it done? Is the thing slain?"

Asta

"Unless it can survive being engulfed in fire, I would say yes."