Book 1 Chapter 3.1 - The Eastern Gate Scandal

Started by Asta, September 12, 2020, 07:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

After about five minutes Bhenneit finally comes through the door to the parlor. "Apologies for the wait, as well as the silence of my staff. The house has been warded against scrying, but the garden has not. You can never be too careful. I assume, since you're here that you managed to find some concrete evidence of the misdoings at the gate?"

pringerbeam

"A ledger of some kind." Replied Thedrin, taking out the book and handing it to the noble. "Hopefully it will suffice."

Asta

Bhenneit accepts the notebook and thumbs through the pages for a moment before pocketing it. "Yes, I think that will do nicely. My other acquaintances will make good use of this. Was there anything else?"

[info]You may also turn over the box of collected gold, or potentially keep it secret and divvy the contents up later.[/info]

Throndir

"That was all you wanted, right?" Rhenri responded with a question of her own. There was no sense giving away something extra if it was never asked for. There was probably a couple hundred of gold pieces worth of currency in the box. "Proof of misdeeds?"

[info]Sense Motive on him to see if he's expecting money or has suspicion that we might have some.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

"The more evidence the better, but what you've provided is sufficient."

Bhenneit nods in approval before fishing a small object from his pocket, a ring bearing the signet of his house. "You've done me and this country a favor. Take this ring and my gratitude as reward, you may find it opens doors most find closed. Metaphorically speaking of course, its just a ring."

[info]You cannot discern if Bhenneit knows you have money from the gate, or is expecting it.[/info]

[info]You receive the MacMhata Signet Ring.[/info]

pringerbeam

Thedrin took the ring and inspected is quality. His own ring finger instinctively itching where his own used to sit. He knew it was quite the boon, though not without risk. To act as the agent of one house marked you in their service, friends with their allies and foe to their enemies. Their earlier encounter at the court of the Righ having made him wary of openly flaunting the influence he could now wield. "A true honor. We will be sure not to stain the reputation of your house with this ring." He finally replied. "Is there anything else you might need from us?"

Asta

"I believe that is everything." Bhenneit replied. "I won't hold you up any longer, I'm sure you still have much to do and see while you wait on the expeditionary force to be assembled. Rian will see you out. Do enjoy the city while you are here."

The steward from before had somehow silently re-entered the parlor, and motioned for you to follow. A few moments later, you found yourself back on the street with nothing but free time ahead of you.

[info]Everyone gains 50 experience points. The box, which you chose to keep, contains 400 gold in various denominations of coinage.[/info]
[info]Soft Closing thread. Resuming main thread.[/info]