[Fred] Chapter 9.1: Shimmering Blob

Started by Throndir, July 24, 2020, 11:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Up ahead you see the shimmering blob in the distance just barely in view in the dimlight from your gorup's torch.

[info]Knowledge (dungeoneering) to identify.

Roll for initiative![/info]

Linwelin

[info]Don't have Knowledge(Dungeoneering), and honestly, Fred wouldn't know anyways. So passing that.[/info]

[info][blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+9 : 9 + 9, total 18[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Initiative: Lai Ju: 21, Filiane: 20, Fred: 18, Tiffany: 12, Edyth: 9, Shimmering blob: 7, Bethany: 3[/spoiler]

Lai Ju pulled drew her bow, notched an arrow, and fired it off in a single and fluid motion. Before the first arrow hit, she let fly a second and even a third one. All three arrows hit, and you immediately noticed the shimmering blob react to it.

"It's acidic!" Lai Ju announced when she noticed her arrows melt.

Filiane followed up with a Burning Lance spell, the creature was unable to dodge fast enough, and it hit it.

"Fire doesn't work." Filiane said shortly after.

[info]Fred's turn.[/info]

[include u=2]Dmg Taken
Slime: 17[/include]

Linwelin

"Got it. I'll take lead, support where you can!" Fred says as he moves forward, brandishing his spear and using his Barrier power.

I'd say about double the normal output should be good to start. Hopefully it resists acid. Then I can try attacking with my Ki. Fred strategizes to himself.

"Shield!"

[info]Fred moves forward, still out of range, and uses his Barrier power at 20 HP[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Tunnels - Heading to Blue Flower
Day 9 - Noon

[info]10 ft. away from the blob creature. 30 ft. from your companions.[/info]

Tiffany immediately cast a spell around you as wind began to encircle around your barrier.

Edyth seemed to be focusing her breathing, and stepped in front of Tiffany with her sword drawn.

The blob creature came closer, then attempted to attack you. It's attack was true despite the winds surrounding you. However, as expected, your barrier held up. The shimmering blob began to attempt to engulf the barrier itself, though your own movements weren't really restricted.

Lastly Bethany cast a spell, and you soon found yourself covered in a layer of stone around you. She had gone up as well.

Lai Ju followed up with another set of arrows. Like before, all three arrows hit.

Filiane, realizing her fire spells don't work, pulled out a crossbow, loading it, and hitting its target.

The slime was looking badly wounded.

[info]Fred's turn.

Adjacent to slime and Bethany. 30 ft. from companions.[/info]

[spoiler=Combat Log]Initiative: Lai Ju: 21, Filiane: 20, Fred: 18, Tiffany: 12, Edyth: 9, Shimmering blob: 7, Bethany: 3
Log
Round 1
Lai Ju attacks
Filiance attacks
Fred moves forward and activates force field
Tiffany attacks
Edyth focuses her breathing, moves in front of Tiffany[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Exploration]Current: Section 1

Log
Deeper to Section 1, success, encountered shimmering blob.

Materials: First-aid equipment, equipment necessary to carry the flower, rope, rations, gathering equipment (for aiding in creature disassembly). Spare unisex clothes for multiple people (Forced on him by Ju in case of Destroy mishaps, this will likely be a regular inventory item)

Goal: Enter tunnels
Movement: Half-movement

Formation
Scout: Lai Ju (primarily Perception and Stealth for reporting encounters ahead, in case she fails, the rest of the party rolls Perception and Stealth)
Guide: Fred (described above)
Cartographer: Filiane (described above)
Rear Guard: Eydth, Tiffany (circumstance bonus on Perception behind)
Point Guard: Gu Bai, Bethany (circumstance bonus on Perception in front)

Mapping
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 1, Mapped
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 2, Mapped
Area: Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 3, Mapped[/spoiler]

[include u=2]Dmg Taken
Slime: 37
Barrier: 11[/include]

Linwelin

Fred grinned as he saw his barrier hold up to the attack. Well it's too close to use the ki techniques I know. But it looks like these creatures will no longer be a concern with how damaged it is already. Good. Relieved at the results of combat thus far, Fred steps forward, attempting to cleave the ooze with a pair of sweeping slashes.

[info]Fred does a 5 ft step to reposition and a full attack at the ooze in front of him.
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+17 : 12 + 17, total 29[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+14 : 3 + 14, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+12 : 13 + 12, total 25[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+14 : 7 + 14, total 21[/blockquote]
[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The shimmering blob was killed, though, no new levels were earned.

Linwelin

Fred let out a sigh in relief, "Great work everyone. No major injuries?" He looked around inspecting the group. "If not, let's keep moving. We should almost be there."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The rest of the group shook their heads, and soon enough you were on your way.

[info]Closing thread, return to: Chapter 9: Retrieving the Glowing Blue Flower[/info]