[Amelia/Nyx] On an Egg Hunt with a Rabbit Prince

Started by Mysticsage, April 12, 2020, 09:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Location- Guild Hall
Day 17

As Nyx made his way through the city looking for a gift for Amelia he made his way to the Guildhall mostly out of habit. The bar that served to greet adventures had become a kind of second home of sorts as he spent time with the Umbral Hunters. As he slinked his way past the feet of one of the many adventurers who went to go have a drink he noticed that the tavern was unusually loud for the day. He could smell the excitement in the air as he made his way on top of one of the tables. He could see that a crowd of adventurers was gathered around a table excitedly where a man in a hare mask was peddling his wares.

"Welcome Welcome adventurers, it is dangerous to go alone in this world without a party in this world. The only problem is when making a party of other adventurers is splitting the loot." [/color]Said a man wearing a mask with floppy ears like a rabbit and a fancy three-piece suit. Only his smile and the mischievous glint was visible behind the mask and yet his aura was palpable. He seemed to have all these rough and tumble people wrapped around his every word.

"That is where the Traveling Emporium of the Rabbit Prince has you covered, my friends! You will have no need for other companions when you have a Monster companion! That's right folks," the man continued with a flourish, "Today I have brought to your fair city for a fair price a chance to have your very own monster egg!" He said as the crowd's attention was drawn to a display stand of colorfully patterned eggs sitting on the table.

The crowd murmured loudly as the Rabbit Prince continued his sales pitch, "Now today I am offering monster eggs of various rarities from common, uncommon, rare and mythic rarity! But be aware of a few special prizes or duds in the mix. What's more, I am offering them today for one standard price," At this the crowd nearly went into a frenzy asking all sorts of questions as they rushed to get the prince's attention.

"Hold it, everyone-"
He said shouting over the crowd as he basked in the sheer amount of emotion. It took a few minutes for them to calm.

"I have only a limited stock and therefore, I have devised a blind box lottery as a means of identifying what egg each customer will receive. So all those willing to test their luck today may form a line and pull a number from inside this bag I have. May you all have good fortune!"

---

The crowd around this Rabbit Prince quickly formed a line pushing each other slightly as they jockeyed for position. Nyx could not help but chuckle as he watched their antics. "And what about you my feline friend? Surely you have someone that would like a unique gift," Said the rabbit prince having locked eyes directly on Nyx. The piercing blue eyes from behind that rabbit mask seemed in that moment to look through him to his soul in that moment. It was as if they were the only two in the entire tavern and his growing smile sent chills down Nyx spine.

"Given your unique nature I'll even let you jump to the head of the line," the rabbit prince said, as Nyx moved from his perch onto the table directly next to the masked man not even realizing that he had moved until a few minutes after. Something about this man was strangely magnetic and while he could feel the energy in the air the brightly patterned eggs did seem like a unique gift. Besides even if it did turn out to be a dud Amelia would smile if only for the fact that he had a good story to tell.

"Sure I'll take you up on your offer, cats always have the best luck," he said his voice half muffled as he tried to grab one of the slips of paper with his teeth

Throndir

Mysticsage

[info][blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 33, total 33[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Mendernich Guild Hall
Day 17

The egg you obtained was large, and brown in color. There were parts of it with a grey hue which was smooth, while the brown parts were rough.

[info]Add Unidentified Monster Egg (1007, day 17) to your Items sheet.[/info]