[Amelia] Chapter 17: Stake-Out

Started by Throndir, February 26, 2020, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Mendernich - Economics office
Day 17 - Morning - After Adhelm leaves

[info]Color change for Ragnar for readability[/info]

"Hey Amelia." Father Barnabas said, perhaps a little too lax, considering the positions. But the priest's care-free attitude was one of Ragnar's 'best' qualities.

"Brewing?" Father Barnabas echoed. "I can absolutely show you some medicinal brews, but I'd rather show you the brewery I have, yeah? You're free to use the temple's facilities. I converted one of the cellar-rooms into a brewery once I took over. But it can double up as an alchemical lab just as fine for any medicines you plan to cook up. Any other head priest in our country would have blown a fuse, but as you know, if the goddess granted me this position, I'm sure she meant us to have a good drink as well."

"We can go over any kind of training you might need, just swing by the church during regular hours... Or ask around for me at the taverns if its outside of those hours."

Mysticsage

Amelia burst out laughing as she held her gut from the sheer shock, "Of course you have exactly what I need already prepared! You know if I didn't know any better I'd think you were literally an angel sent from heaven just for me! Joy to any and all gods that made you my head priest! Thank thank you thank you!" she said over their connection brimming with a swell of new emotions

Jumping up from her chair unsure what to do with all this excess joy, she grabbed up Liudger and began dancing around the room with him as her eyes sparkled with devious plots. It was time to show this world that she wasn't just good at talking or book smart. It was time for her to actually begin making a difference in her own right.

[info]Performance dance
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 10 + 7, total 17[/blockquote][/info]

"I promise to show you guys what I can really do once i get my hands on the right tools!" She cackled as she finally slowed after a good minute of dancing.

"But, it will have to wait till Nyx gets back because I'll think I'll need his help to pull off what I really need. So I'll come to the church this evening to have a look. Do you think you could make me some holy water by tonight? I want to use some to test a theory."

Throndir

Liudger was taken aback from the dancing, but he eventually went with the flow, dancing as well as you did, being used to the plays at court.

"You dance admirably, Your Majesty." Liudger commented when you were finally done.

Ragnar Barnabas responded back to you through the link.

"Holy water? Well, I have some, though I tend to use it as an offering to the Goddess. I'll have it prepared though."

Mysticsage

Amelia blushed as she dropped her hands from Liudger with a somewhat embarrassed smile as she dropped the connection with Ragnar with a nod of thanks.

"Thank you for accommodating me, I got a little overly excited,"
she said doing her best to maintain eye contact with the economic official. Glancing out the window and seeing the height of the sun she realized she was soon going to be late for her training session soon.

"If there is nothing else, Liudger? I really need to get if I want to keep some other appointments. Please, keep me up to date as our plans continue going forward."

Mendernich - Castle Courtyard
Day 17 - Late  Morning

Amelia rushed to where Kurt and Mati trained ready and raring to go as she tried to push down her anxiety as she thought about her own teachers back home, "Sorry if I'm late," she said jogging to the sidelines as fast as she could staff in hand.

[info]Amelia is going to use the rest of the morning about three hours meeting Kurt's martial teacher and learning weapon proficiency (staff) 
Chapter 17.1: Day 17 Training and Crafting[/info]

Mendernich - Castle Entryway
Day 17 - Noon

It was around the time that Nyx said he would be arriving back at the cast and Amelia couldn't help but pace as she glanced off at the gate wondering if he would have trouble getting inside the castle proper. Over their connection Nyx seemed pretty relaxed but as the seconds ticked by Amelia could feel her anxiety rising. She needed to see that he was okay with her own eyes if she wanted to relax.