A Hero's Sendoff

Started by pringerbeam, March 11, 2020, 09:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

"Another bottle!" Requested Thedrin as he leaned back into the bench at the back corner of the tavern, his third bottle of wine freshly empty in front of him. "So there I was, locked in mortal combat with the little devil." He said, setting the bottle back down and hooking his arm back around the waist of one of the village girls sitting at his side. "We exchanged blow for blow but I had the upper hand. The little beast struck but my mighty constitution could shrug off the blow. I stared the creature right in the eye." At this he stared deeply into the eyes of the girl on his left and she blushed at the attention.
     "Pretty sure Aye saw ye get stabbed in the leg then miss with ye 'ammer." Heckled a villager. The girl on Thedrin's other arm giggled at this. He shot the heckler a look before turning to the girl on his right. "Oh, that may be true but the the most important kill, that of their leader, goes to me. Besides, were it not for my fortitude and... stamina..." at this he pulled the giggling girl closer as she gave him a mischievous grin. "then the creatures would have surely overrun the other defenders." The village girl in his left pressed into his other arm with a pout at his attentions being directed elsewhere and pulled his hand a little lower. "How did you kill the leader?" She implored, resting a hand on Thedrin's lap. "In a single blow with my warhammer if course." "'E was limping already from an arrow from what Aye saw." Added the heckler once again. "A wounded foe is no less dangerous." Replied Thedrin, getting used to the heckling. His fresh bottle of wine arrived and his arms occupied, he slipped his tail out to pour himself a drink much to the surprised squeal of the girl on his right. "Your tail! It moves!" Thedrin lifted the cup with his tail for a sip before offering it to the girl. "Oh, it does more than just move." At this the girl timidly sipped from the offered cup, blushing at the implications. He let his tail slither a little further to brush the girls cheek, causing her to giggle and bury her head in his chest. Seeing the girl on his left getting even more jealous, Thedrin snaked his tail to brush the small of her back and whispered in her ear. "I can show you some tricks." He said, before moving in to kiss the now crimson faced girl. Of course, before he could make contact, the barkeep dropped a bucket of water on his table with a hefty thud. "Look Ashewake, you either need to cool yer head or leave. This is a proper establishment so don't make me douse these embers." Thedrin, seeing the finality in the the beekeep's ultimatum stood up, bottle in tail. "Well girls, it seems I need to leave. Either of you care to join me?" To his surprise, both stood to take an arm and the three of them made their way out of the tavern. One loud and stumbling journey back to his uncle's manor and Thedrin was back in bed with the night's company.

The next morning the sun's rays creeped over the horizon and into Thedrin's room, causing him to stir. He creaked open an eye to look down at the naked girls clinging to his equally naked body and nestled his head back into his pillow with a grin. He hadn't had a night with a woman since he was thrown out of Albion so he was feeling quite content to go bank to sleep in his soft sheets. He had brought the bed and with him all the way from Albion, a luxury he couldn't live too long without. Just as he was about to drift back off to sleep though a loud rap on the door was heard. "Thedrin!" was shouted and followed quickly by his uncle opening the door wide. This startled Thedrin and the girls who shrieked with embarrassment and tried to pull the linens to cover them both but their tug of war lead to them both failing. "Oh! Sorry girls! I didn't think you would be so uh... at a disadvantage." Exclaimed Thedrin's uncle as he pulled the door half shut. "Anyways, Thedrin it's time to get up, you're traveling to Aite-Aerd remember? I'm pretty sure you didn't pack last night." Thedrin, wide eyed from the shock of his uncle's entrance coughed. "Ah right uh... I'll get ready. If you could just... give us some privacy?" His uncle nodded and closed the door. "Well girls, it's time for me to make my preparations." He said as he began to slip out of the bed. "Do you have to go?" Asked one of the girls. "Why of course. But don't worry, I'll come back at ther head of an army from the Righ." He's said, leaning back towards the bed to kiss the girl. Now... could you help me pack? If we hurry we might have time for... a sendoff... At this the girls giggled and helped him pack, giving them time for one quick last diversion before they finally emerged from the room. As they met up with Bregan downstairs to set out for the town his uncle whispered with a grin and knowing smile to his passing nephew. "Not too rustic after all I guess." Which Thedrin responded top by trying to look anywhere else as they took their leave.