[Hanako] Chapter 15: The Garden

Started by Throndir, February 24, 2020, 09:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Mining Site #2 - 5th Level - Section 10 - The Garden
Day 18 - Late Evening

With your orders set, the titanic golem made a rumbling sound akin to earth being crushed over and over, but then began to claw into the ceiling, moving chunks of earth at a time with each of its swipes. Thankfully the golem was far enough away that the debris wasn't too near you or the entrance to The Garden, but it was rather noisy.

"I can stay out here for a bit to try to get an estimate how long it would take." TLS-1 offered.

"I thought it might take awhile, so I went ahead and grabbed that manual I mentioned before." With that, the Gynoid produced what looked to be a book and then proceeded to hand it to you.

[info]Updated inventory with The Garden manual.[/info]

[spoiler=OODM]I'm going to need to do the math on average damage from The Garden's weapon system, along with the Golem per round. Then get the total hitpoints that needs to be drilled through. I'll take into account the mass of the new titanic golem as a subtraction from what you need to dill through. Haven't done that math yet. But digging out will probably take some time so I'll save it for my next go around on this.[/spoiler]

Asta

"Thanks, I'll flip through it" Hanako replied with a smile, accepting the book from TLS-1. "I assume we are going to have some time on our hands." She looked over at where the enormous golem was excavating the ceiling. Hopefully not too long...

Throndir

Day 18 - Late Evening

"Only one way to find out." TLS-1 said as her eyes glazed over. A moment later her eyes cleared at the same time, you heard the sounds of rumbling as the building that marked the entrance to The Garden began to almost fold in on itself. It was akin to origami being folded into smaller sections, though instead of paper, it was solid slabs of rock.

"I've activated the first part of the launch sequence. The entrance will give way for the ship to lift-off. Though I'm only doing this to see how much firepower the onboard weapons can deal to the stone above, along with being able to maximize the sensors." The gynoid explained.

After a few more seconds, a series of short weapon bursts came from the now-exposed ship, shooting straight towards the ceiling to the side. At the same time as your titanic golem continued digging upwards. The bursts of lasers continued for a solid 30 seconds before it finally stopped.

"At the golem's rate, it'll take him four weeks to move the stone and hard-earth above us out of the way enough for The Garden to fly out. With The Garden's onboard weaponry, we'll cut the time down to half. However, that means we'll need to keep the weapons running every second, the ship wasn't designed for that kind of operation, so we'll be risking some damage, along with requiring a constant supply of mana from the Etherius suffruticosa in the growth domes."

"I can make minor repairs and small items, but without The Workshop, the printer in The Garden isn't enough to fix any major problems."

[info]We can work on Discord on what the exact plans will be. Otherwise by default, TLS-1 will suggest the safe approach of 1 month, which Hanako can use to either go back up to the surface, or wait in The Garden and do Training.

Each day, I'll do a potential encounter roll with all the noise being generated.

If weapons are firing, each day I will also roll a Complications roll for Minor or Major issues to the weapons system. Minor issues can be fixed with
a successful check from TLS-1 or yourself, Major Issues require replacement of parts that can't yet be produced by the ship. These issues can either be reduced fire power, added cool down times, more energy requirements, etc.

Lastly, if weapons are firing, either you can give me input on how you want the Mage's Gift seedlings operated, or give the work to TLS-1 to figure out and manage the most optimal solution.[/info]

Asta

"Tch." Hanako clicked her tongue against the back of her teeth. "That's a bit long for me to wait down here... I've got some people waiting for me topside, and a lot more back at the mansion so I'm going to have to head back up. I'll leave the two golems down here, under your direction, to help protect The Garden. You can give the big one orders too."

She began to pace while detailing her plan. "Once you've breeched the surface, you can fly over to the mansion and pick us up. I'll make sure in the time between that everyone is ready to go. Regarding the guns, try not to use them often enough that they break. A huge flying object is probably going to draw some attention and you may have to shoot some uhh... Demons. Or dragons. I don't know, are there dragons in this world?" Hanako shrugged before continuing, "Keep the plants churning out fuel so we can be topped off."

"Sound good?" she glanced around, as if asking for input.

Throndir

Day 18 - Late Evening

TLS-1 saluted.

"Aye ma'am! Master!" TLS-1 said. A moment later however, she let out a long drawn-out yawn as she stretched a bit. "Sorry, a bit sleepy. Anyways! There were dragons... Though I'm not sure if they're still on the surface." TLS-1 shrugged. "After the war had started in our time, I'm not sure if they made it or not."

"Are there any time constraints? There really is no place to repair the ship anymore, and any infrastructure this city once had is no longer available for use." She pointed over to the titanic golem still steadily thumping away at the earthen roof. "Would prefer the big guy over there to do most of the work. It'll make sure The Garden is ready."

"With the four weeks, I can go at least do a full systems check, and ensure it's ready for flight. I can also keep producing the mana liquid from the Etherius suffruticosa and tending to that dome. Would you like me to activate any of the other biospheres for excess seeds? Or would you like to limit the Etherius suffruticosa to just the single done? Also, with power supplied again, I could restart the cultivation of the orichalcum trees... However, I do have to warn you that their growth rate is extremely slow even with the dome's growth controls set. But I can still allocate a percentage of the mana from the Etherius suffruticosa to it."