[Hanako] Chapter 15: The Garden

Started by Throndir, February 24, 2020, 09:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Mining Site #2 - 5th Level - Section 10 - The Garden
Day 17 - After Planting - 11 AM

It didn't take long for Trudy to make her way to the bed as well. With the gynoid in the middle of the bed however, Trudy uncharacteristically began to push TLS-1 to the side of the bed.

"She's... heavy..." Trudy grunted, but she finally was able to roll her. Surprisingly, the gynoid kept sleeping, or perhaps was pretending, but either way, Trudy accomplished what she set off to do, and placed herself in the middle of the bed instead. She smiled gently at you as she patted her side.

"It's strange... but umm... I having Minette with us." Trudy said quietly. "I hope everyone at the mansion is alright."

While Trudy was getting comfortable, Kari was still prepping her tea. Through magic, it was already steaming hot, and it didn't take long for the valkyrie to enjoy sipping her drink. As for the gynoid, she was still fast asleep.

Mining Site #2 - 5th Level - Section 10 - The Garden - Living Quarters
Day 18 - 8 hours later

You awoke to the sound of Kari swinging her sword. It was rhymthic, just like the sounds of both Trudy and TLS-1 sleeping on the same bed as you. With a fluid but well-trained form, the small but deadly loli continued to practice swinging her blade. It was reminiscent of those who practiced kendo back on Earth, though, instead of a bamboo blade, an actual demon-slaying curved blade was used instead. There were no summoned skeletons this morning, though you noticed one of your golems standing guard at one of the doors. You assumed the other golem to be guarding the other door.

Kari didn't change the rhymic nature of her training, but must have realized you had stirred.

"Good morning, hero." Kari said nonchalantly.

[info]Refreshed MP, natural healing applied as well, to all party members.[/info]

Day 18 - 16 hours later

[info]I'll keep repasting this section so it's not lost until we get to it, or if things change.[/info]

[info]If you plan to do any training let me know. The Garden Manual can be studied/learned as well. Also, keep in mind you have higher MP regeneration while asleep, so if you plan to do that instead to earn back MP, lemme know for how long. We can handle dumping any number of Energy units into the Garden once you give me those numbers. Assume your companions will do the same as you unless you tell them otherwise.

Total Energy Cost (at discounted rate for 24 hours)
4 = Garden Drone (1 day)
64 = x1000 speed
x4 = 24 hour duration
4 + 64 x 4 = 260 MP

Progress
48 Mages Gift Seedlings: 24,000/12,000 hours => Complete

Output
1 Mages Gift Mature Plant (24 hours): 1,000 ounces of liquid
48 Mages Gift Mature Plants (12 hours): 24,000 ounces of liquid

Note, using the discounted rate for the first 24 hours, it'll be increased for the next time just for a semblance of balance for future projects.[/info]

The first 8 hours the seedlings grew even though the group was still asleep. The next 16 hours the seedlings began to grow at an alarming rate. Extraction lines were placed for each of the plants in the first 12 hours, while the single drone handled the extraction of the liquid from the lone adult plant. 12 hours in once the rest of the seedlings were mature, those too began to output the fluid in a constant stream, forcing the drone to consistently be on the move handling the array of plants.

Asta

"Morning, at it early I see. Did you sleep at all?"

Hanako knew the valkyrie required exceptionally little rest, but the journey down through the caves had been particularly strenuous and she wanted to make sure everyone was in the best of shape when they attempted escaping the cavern with the entire Garden. Especially Kari, considering that Hanako was sure they would have died ten times over since leaving the mansion if she hadn't come along.

Throndir

Day 18 - 8 hours later

"Four hours of sleep tis all I need." Kari said while practicing her swings. She paused however as wiped some sweat off her brow.

"Thou want tea?" The small valkyrie asked.

Day 18 - 16 hours later

[info]I'll keep repasting this section so it's not lost until we get to it, or if things change.[/info]

[info]If you plan to do any training let me know. The Garden Manual can be studied/learned as well. Also, keep in mind you have higher MP regeneration while asleep, so if you plan to do that instead to earn back MP, lemme know for how long. We can handle dumping any number of Energy units into the Garden once you give me those numbers. Assume your companions will do the same as you unless you tell them otherwise.

4 = Garden Drone (1 day)
64 = x1000 speed
x4 = 24 hour duration
4 + 64 x 4 = 260 MP

Progress

Output

Note, using the discounted rate for the first 24 hours, it'll be increased for the next time just for a semblance of balance for future projects.[/info]

The first 8 hours the seedlings grew even though the group was still asleep. The next 16 hours the seedlings began to grow at an alarming rate. Extraction lines were placed for each of the plants in the first 12 hours, while the single drone handled the extraction of the liquid from the lone adult plant. 12 hours in once the rest of the seedlings were mature, those too began to output the fluid in a constant stream, forcing the drone to consistently be on the move handling the array of plants.

Asta

"Oh uh, sure." Hanako replied. "That must be convenient, I suppose. Not needing a lot of sleep that is."

She sat quietly a moment, waiting on Kari to start preparing tea before speaking again. "What do you think the chances are of us getting this thing to the surface?"

Throndir

Day 18 - 8 hours later

With your acknowledgement, she sheathed her weapon, and immediately proceeded to her pack. It didn't take her long to pull out the same bag of the rare Elven Las tea, and judging by her rate of consumption most of it would likely be gone by the end of this little trip.

Needless to say, she still used a healthy amount. After the kettle was poured, tea and filter set, a small arcane circle appeared at the base of the kettle, as a purple and green flame appeared. It wasn't natural fire, and more than likely it was some sort of spell Kari had.

"Thy contraption called 'the Garden'... Tis large, whilst the earth did bury under many stones and rock. Thy goal tis almost a lofty one... However, thou art no plain mortal. Hanako, thy art a hero. Even if mayhaps now moving tis not a feasible thing, mayhaps after more training... Or some magic even."

Day 18 - 16 hours later

4 = Garden Drone (1 day)
64 = x1000 speed
x4 = 24 hour duration
4 + 64 x 4 = 260 MP

Progress

Output

Asta

"Yeah, I guess. I'm hesitant to leave this place down here for too long a time, but judging by how difficult it was to make the journey I doubt this place is in danger of being discovered. Who knows, maybe I'll pull off a miracle."

Hanako shrugged. "I guess if making a kaiju sized golem to dig our way out doesn't work we'll need to leave and head back to the mansion. Can't keep the dryad or those refugees waiting all alone, plus we still need to finish preparations to leave the country. I'm also worried about if everyone back at the mansion is safe..."

"I know it's distasteful for you... but when we have the time, can you teach me how to use the light element? It's the only one I don't have a grasp on, and it could be a useful weapon in the fight against the demons."

[info]Whenever this conversation concludes, Hanako will just wait for everyone else to wake up and then begin "Operation Kaiju Golem"[/info]

Asta

[info]Requested Diplomacy:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 8 + 10, total 18[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 18 - Morning

"Light magic... tis not something that is learned. Tis something given." Kari explained. "Magic from the goddesses is more akin to a prayer, whereas other kinds of magic, such as mine necromancy, tis something learned."

"Light magic granted by the harlot goddess of light is not something I can use... But mine origin, of being a valkyrie, grants me the use of Spirit. A power that mayhaps considered be in parallel to magic. Much like light magic, mine Spirit has its own origin to the goddess of light, so thou can thinketh of it as similar things, but they are two different things."

"All I can impart is mine skills with Spirit, but tis not something I would prefer to teach thee. Using it the prior day doth maketh me feel like... a whore."

Day 18 - Afterwards

[info]Since I've been slow in posting, some things we'll cover in the next 16 hours for your giant earth golem (we can say you did it all already, or if you want you can write about it):

1) Hanako discovering MP liquid does not take up space in the stomach.
2) Hanako discovering options to turn off Free Will in the Summon Golem menu.
3) Hanako discovering options to set the size larger than Colossal in the Summon Golem menu.[/info]

Day 18 - 16 hours later

4 = Garden Drone (1 day)
64 = x1000 speed
x4 = 24 hour duration
4 + 64 x 4 = 260 MP

Progress

Output

Asta

"Well... I guess if it makes you uncomfortable, you don't have to. As useful as it might be, we can make due without it." Hanako replied. Maybe some other time, she might change her mind.

Over the next sixteen hours or so, Hanako performed a number of experiments that were fairly critical to the success of her plan. The plan of course being the creation of a massive golem to dig a way to the surface. Through testing, she determined that the liquid mana from the plants didn't fill her when she drank large amounts which opened up the possibility of casting spells well outside the limits of her mana pool.

After fiddling with her golem creation "menu" for a while, Hanako discovered that she could turn off the newly acquired free will that started appearing in the golems she had recently summoned. Useful, because it eliminated the ethical questions of "turning them off" after use. Having to deal with a golem the size of a small mountain that asked the question "Why?" was also something she would be glad to avoid.

Lastly, she learned that with enough mana she could create golems that were absurdly large, arguably the most critical part of the plan.

"Ok." Hanako said, clapping her hands together. "I think I've hammered out all the fine details on this plan, there's just one thing left to discuss: how to drink enough of the mana liquid fast enough to ensure the summoning works. I think I have an answer to that though."

She smiled grimly.

"I'm going to have to have one of you force a tube down my throat to pump mana liquid into me faster than a human can possibly swallow. I assume we have tubing and some kind of pump on board, or can make one I guess. My question is... which one of you is the most uhhhh.... Dexterous?" The question, posed to Trudy, Kari, and TSL-1 was admittedly odd.

Throndir

Day 18 - Late Evening

"I'm pretty dextrous in bed." TLS-1 chirped. "I can pretty much do anything you ask."

Kari raised an eyebrow at the incredulous response from the gynoid. Trudy frowned as well, seemingly wanting to say something but chose not to in the end. Instead she asked a question.

"Umm... Hanako, why do you need someone 'dextrous'? And I know you need a lot of mana... Is putting that much liquid down your throat safe?" The soldier asked hesitantly.

"It'll turn straight into energy! Guaranteed. It's a property of the liquid, though isn't fully understood yet. Most scholars believe it's simply the way the gods chose to make it function. However, it's still enough to have the body forcefully absorb the liquid by injecting it into them directly. For example, there's been some tests from bioarcanologists in my era forcefully mixing in mana liquid harvested from humans and injecting them into animals combined with magic with varying degrees of success."

"Thyselves art off topic." Kari said flatly interrupting TLS-1. She turned towards you. "Though unskilled compared to one such as I, Trudy tis fairly agile. However, truly, in applications of such dexterity, I must deign to say that I am her superior."

Asta

"Well, whomever puts the tubing down my throat is going to have to do it gently so they don't tear up my esophagus. From there, we just pump the liquid in as fast as possible to offset the absolutely absurd amount of mana I need to keep the summoning going."

Throndir

Day 18 - Late Evening

It took some prep work as your companions, primarily TLS-1, set off to get the required materials. There was apparently a section of the ship where parts were produced. It was primarily used for repairs, and TLS-1 mentioned that it was far from what The Workshop could produce. However, it was still usable enough for the creation of a couple of tubes, a mouthpiece, and a pump. The printing process itself didn't take too long, and it took the longest on the pump itself.

Another hour had passed, but soon enough everything was ready. With the particular plan in mind, it was decided that this particular summoning would take place outside The Garden, at the cavernous area right outside the building that served as an entry to the ship.

"These are connected to the liquid stores from the Etherius suffruticosa you brought in." TLS-1 said as she handed you what looked to be something akin to a gas mask, though it covered only the face. The mask wrapped itself around the back of your head through some self-tightening straps, while a long tube protruded both ways from the mouthpiece.

"The tube is covered in a relaxant, but it should be non-toxic. It'll help ease your throat, and prevent both your gag reflex and from your throat clenching up so the liquid can just pour in directly. The nozzle on it is designed to evenly spray out any liquid in it equivalent to what's going through. This way, it'll grant the liquid the most surface area to hopefully prevent any problems. Kari, push that tube as far down master's throat as you can."

TLS-1 moved over to a console.

"Give me a thumbs up when you're both ready."

[info]Roll me a Physical Resist saving throw.

Kari will do a Dexterity check as an Aid Another.

Let me know the details of your Golem Summon, size and what-not, so I can figure out costs. You can give me sizes in feet, or the amount of MP you're using into it. The potential DC for Phys. Resist saving throw might increase more depending on the MP cost.[/info]

Asta

"Let's do it to it!" Hanako said, giving a thumbs up and bracing for what was sure to be an unpleasant experience.

[info]Physical Resist:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+16 : 12 + 16, total 28[/blockquote][/info]
[info]Golem Details:
Size Class - Titanic, presumably well over 200 feet so it can reach the ceiling
Free Will - Off

If shaping it specifically is possible, Hanako will try to make it so that it has the appropriate build for moving large amounts of earth and stone. If the source material can be specified, she will try to take the materials from the ceiling to reduce the amount of work needed to burrow through the stone.[/info]

Throndir

Day 18 - Late Evening

The flow of mana was released, dropping the exact amount of mana you would need in the exact amount of time you would need it the moment you hit the 'Summon' button.

"A process like this was how the first human-animal hybrids were created." TLS-1 commented as the mana was pumped directly in you. "Oversaturation of foreign mana, or mana intoxication over the course of some time depending on the individual."

The rush of mana into your stomach, 5 gallons altogether, was an extreme amount of mana, but as expected, it immediately began to dissipate into the pool within yourself. You felt a strange burning and almost painful sensation within those two seconds, but you were able to resist any ill effects. It was still a strange sensation, however. As you were starting to fall asleep rapidly, you felt the influx of mana continue to refill what was being used up.

[okay]You have gained a new title『Mana Spender I』
You have gained +1 MP
You have gained a new title『Mana Spender II』
You have gained +1 MP
You have gained a new title『Mana Spender III』
You have gained +1 MP
You have gained a new title『Mana Spender IV』
You have gained +1 MP
You have gained a new title『Mana Spender V』
You have gained +MAG
You have gained a new title『Mana Spender VI』
You have gained +1 MP
You have gained a new title『Mana Spender VII』
You have gained +1 MP
You have gained a new title『Mana Spender VIII』
You have gained +1 MP
You have gained a new title『Mana Spender IX』
You have gained +1 MP
You have gained a new title『Mana Spender X』
You have gained +1 MAG[/okay]

"That's... big." Trudy said, barely able to contain her awe.

"Thy largest one yet, hero." Kari agreed.

"I feel like there's dirty joke somewhere there..."

Indeed, towering 250 ft. high, made from much of the earth and stone of the ceiling was your new golem.

"Dark, large, and hard."

Asta

"Lewd." Hanako said, after removing the mask and hose from her throat. "I'm impressed that actually worked." she continued, looking up at the massive construct standing in the cavern.

"Alright big guy. Get to digging us out!"

[info]Ordering the golem to begin tunneling upwards to clear a large enough passage for the Garden to fly up and out of the cave.[/info]

"We're probably still going to be down here for a bit, I'm not sure how long this will take. We could probably make use of any of the weapons the Garden has to assist in blasting away at the rock."