[Hanako] Chapter 15: The Garden

Started by Throndir, February 24, 2020, 09:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Mining Site #2 - 5th Level - Section 10 - Office Building
Day 17 - 10 AM

Focusing your attention to the colored gems, through your mana sensitivity, you were able to see the flow of mana go towards each of them. When the mana reached its destination, it would be swallowed up, and the gem would begin to glow. In the end, all but one of them was glowing. It was the white colored one, that even as you focused on and attempted to siphon your mana into, did not glow.

Asta

"Hrm."

"Ok, why aren't you glowing?" Hanako asked the gem directly, using her ability to talk to items.

Throndir

Day 17 - 10 AM

"Ah. Hello child. I only activate when I sense the light attribute, and I don't sense it in that mana you fed me!"

Asta

"Yeah, that makes sense. Nobody I've met can actually use that so I don't really know how it works. You wouldn't happen to be able to uhh explain it would you?" Hanako asked the gem, a little worried that the trip down here might end without getting to see what was behind the door.

Throndir

Day 17 - 10 AM

"The light attribute? Well now child, all I really know is that I absorb anything with the light attribute, and if the mana matches, I glow and tell the door all is well. It has a very... bright feeling. If I were to explain it, like a 'holier than thou' kind of feeling."

Asta

"Alrighty then. Thank you." Hanako replied.

"I guess I had better think about this then." she said before plopping down in a squat to ponder.

[info]Knowledge History (New World) to see if I know any relevant info:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 12 + 10, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Knowledge (new world history): 22
You remember Kari once telling you that all valkyrie have the blood of the goddess of light. An apparent whore of a goddess that was worshiped as the primary deity of her people. Given the fact that there were 6 colored gems, that seemed to match the primary religion of this world with the 6 goddesses, there was definitely a relationship between it. As you recall, Kari called the powers being manifested by the blood of the goddess running through every valkyrie as 'spirit'. She spoke of it as a different source of power, but did the fact Kari could use spirit, also mean she had that attribute?[/info]

Asta

Upon recalling a tidbit of information that Kari once mentioned to her, Hanako stood up again and turned to her diminutive companion.

"Hey uhh... Kari? Got a quick question for you..."

Throndir

Day 17 - 10 AM

Kari looked towards you, her head cocked at an angle. It was an expression that didn't seem quite fitting with a person who could cleave demons in half.

"Mine hero hath a question?"

Asta

"Ok so..." Hanako began, and then went into a brief explanation of the current situation with the door and the requirement for "light aspected mana" and then casually mentioned Kari's explanation of spirit.

"I guess what I'm getting at, is it possible for you to siphon off some of your mana that might match the 'spirit' you mentioned all valkyries had? I know you don't particularly care for your sisters, but if you can use the same sort of powers maybe we can get this door open. I only ask, because I can't do it myself."

Throndir

Day 17 - 10 AM

Kari seemed to understand the situation once you began explaining the requirements for the door and spirit. Though she held her tongue in check. Even after you finished however, she seemed to consider your words.

"Thou wishes me to invoke the gift of that whore?"

[info]Diplomacy roll requested[/info]

Asta

"Just this once? So we can get through the door? Could be some real nice stuff on the other side... Demon killing type stuff?" Hanako begged a little, she wasn't above doing a full leaping dogeza if it came down to it.

[info]Requested Diplomacy:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 18 + 10, total 28[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

"Please Kari?" Trudy spoke, also realizing the tension.

[info]Aid another Diplomacy
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 10 + 7, total 17[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 17 - 10 AM

Kari paused more, looking between the two of you. Finally she sighed as she gave in.

"Very well... Thou art hath saved me from slavers, accepted me, became mine student, and trusted me enough to bringeth me here with thee. Tis true we art allies in this endless war against the demons. Both thee, hero, and Trudy..." Kari said stoically. She eventually pulled her hand in front of her, palm up.

"The power of the goddess, tis something called 'Spirit'." Kari said as she closed her eyes and focused. Eventually she seemed satisfied, though you didn't really detect or see anything out of the ordinary. At least when it was mana, you were able to see a blue glow, nothing as convenient as something visible was there for 'Spirit'. Kari explained a moment later however.

"Thou see not a glimmer in mine hands, correct? The power of Spirit tis not normally seen in small quantities. Mine sisters hath more control o'er the Whore's blessings. They can maketh the Spirit visible in small or medium quantities. For me tis different. Only in thicker concentrations can I make it visible to thee."

Kari pulled out her curved blade, then closing her eyes again.

"Spirits of mine ancestors, and souls of mine forebears be with me." Kari stated though in a non-reverent and mocking voice, and moments later her sword was wreathed in a red glow. It gave off visible light, though wasn't nearly as bright as the lights in the hallway which easily overpowered it. But you can imagine that it could be used as a light source if things were darker.

Once that was done, she sheathed her weapon again, finishing the demonstration. Right after that she made her way to the console at the gate, and much like what you did, lightly touched the gem.

A robotic voice came from the door, as a section of the door seemed to scan the area in front of it, bathing you, Kari, and Hanako in the laser lights.

"Attribute match. Passage granted." A moment after, the door started to move as the ancient mechanics and magic that worked the gate came to life. An intake of air rushed inside the room as the air pressure balanced between the cavern and the interiors of the now opened room.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Beyond the metallic frame of the door was pitch darkness. You could barely make out what looked to be dead trees from the hallway lights. There was plenty of dirt too, but if there had been anything alive there, they were no longer. It was then that you saw something stir; something that had been lying on the dirt-filled floor of the dark room.

[spoiler]"Hi~ Welcome to the Garden of the Thamylon Legend~ I am called TLS-1." She then approached you closer, her hands reaching for your head.

Ignoring both Kari and Trudy, her eyes seemed eerily transfixed on you.

"I need your... genetic material."
[/spoiler]

At the same time, you see Kari pulling out her weapon defensively just when the strange girl started to approach you.

[info]Roll initiative.[/info]

Asta

[info]Initiative:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 1 + 12, total 13[/blockquote][/info]