[Jean] Chapter 18: Hostilities

Started by Throndir, January 07, 2020, 03:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Knowledge (nobility, untrained): 13
You vaguely recall the dwarf, though much of the memories was fuzzy. He was one of the lords that were invited to the feast, though you don't recall his name or his clan. You at least recall out drinking him, and was one of those who thought they could easily win in a drinking contest.[/info]

pringerbeam

"Finally a friendly face... I assume. At least they aren't shooting on sight." Remarked Jean as their train pulled up to the stop. He disembarked and walked up to the leader. "Good to see some loyalists at last." Said Jean as he got closer. "We need to get to one of the old announcement systems so we can let everyone know the sheriff is back in town. How're you holding up? What kind of forces have mustered to the king's side?"

Throndir

Kherngolarr
Day 10 (Jean), Day 12 (Rosalie) - Time: Noon

"There isn't much. Mah group juist git 'ere, in th' hopes tae control these stations, we wur trying tae clear a wey to th' mountain peak entrance ye foremaist cam in. Had to fight every step o' th' wey. Th' rest o' mah clan are trying to hold other points, though we've all stairted bein' pushed back.

One ither laird is over at th' refiniries yer lassie is at. Alang wi' some o' his men helping oot th' royal guards. Tis not looking good."

As he was talking, an exploding shell triggered just 15 ft. away, as his own dwarves retaliated, firing their own weapons. The dwarf you were talking to didn't seem to flinch though.

pringerbeam

"Okay, stick with us for now. We're trying to secure the announcement system. I have an idea but I don't know if it'll totally work. As disheartening as this rebellion is, I'm staking it all on your people's sense of honor. How far is it to the nearest announcement system and how thick is the fighting?"

Throndir

Kherngolarr

"In th' city? tis a fankle. Th' priests hae warmechs we've ne'er seen afore. Th' fightin' is th' thickest at th' palace 'n' th' refinery. A lot o' th' priests are at th' clocktower tae, whilk means if we head tae th' broadcasting station, the forces might git redirected tae us." As he spoke he began to bark a few orders to his men, and though they kept firing their weapons at the enemies at a distance shooting towards them, they began to slowly get in a better formation.

"Dinnae ye worry, we'll follow yer leid. Weel o' coorse, th' Princess Lili's tae. A jimmy that kin beat me in a drinking contest ain't tae bad in me eyes." He said flashing a grin.

"Th' fightin' wull be heavy. Bit foremaist, lets git rid o' they ower thare." He pointed towards dwarven mechs at a distance - the ones who had been firing upon the group. You noticed there were multiple kinds of these mechs, some bigger than the others. You also realized that the mech you had encountered at the mountain peak outpost were the smaller models, which made sense given the fact of how little actual room the outpost had.

[info]Perception requested.[/info]

pringerbeam

[info] Perception[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+15 : 19 + 15, total 34[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Kherngolarr

There were about 100 new dwarven allies under the command of the dwarf you were talking to, each of them had what looked like early firearms, however, you did notice that some of the weapons spewed forth blasts of fire or lightning rather than the typical bullets. On the enemy side, there were about 25 mechs altogether, ranging from smaller models that you saw at the outpost, to a larger model standing about 25 ft. high.

[info]If you plan to engage them, I'll make a grid map, otherwise, I'll do mass battle rules for them over the course of an hour if you leave the area.[/info]

pringerbeam

Jean gauged the strength of the enemy before him before turning to the loyalist leader. "Conserve your men and come with me. I'll hold them off. I made a mistake when I engaged with the priests before. I did not show them my true power. They took me for weak because I let then live. I will not make that mistake again... Summon Tentacle!" He said, raising a clenched fist to the cavern ceiling.

[info] Summoning a 200 ft tentacle for 20 mp to engage the enemy forces in mass combat.[/info]
     As the tentacle surged forth from its portal Jean turned to the loyalists behind him. "Follow me." He said as he turned to head for the  announcement system and leaving the chaos of the battle to unfold behind them.

Throndir

Kherngolarr

Summoning the tentacle left you only slightly tired. Just a bit over a week ago, doing something of that magnitude would have made you faint in a state called mana blank, but with all the levels you have since acquired, it didn't really drain you that much at all. The dwarven lord's eyes bulged out of its sockets, and for a brief moment, the fighting ceased completely as neither guns or explosive shells were fired - at least until the giant tentacle began slapping into the largest enemy mech.

"That's a lairge tentacle. Very weel then." The dwarf said as he blew out some whistles, then began ordering his men to follow. They were organized and disciplined, it would take perhaps another few more seconds for his men to be ranked up in formation.

"The broadcast system? Weel, let's heid tae th' town square!"

[info]If you have any specific formation you want, or actions you want to do prior, let me know, otherwise roll Perception, and I'll move to the next scene.[/info]

pringerbeam

[info] Good to move on

Perception[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+15 : 11 + 15, total 26[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Kherngolarr

The group continued to march on a short distance, hopping into one of the trains to take the group the rest of the way to the actual city. Each of the platform-like cars of the train at this part of the train system were used for actual loading and unloading, so there was more than enough space for the main group. It took three platforms altogether, but soon enough, the train was loaded.

As the train was speeding along, sounds of fighting was still occuring in the city, along with explosions above the city, or against the inner walls of the gigantic cavern. The dwarven lord, who soon introduced himself as Goldroic Tulach told you that there were skirmishes taking place on the outskirts of the city. Particular zones that were captured along the cavern walls, were then setup as launch points for missile-like weapons that worked primarily by fire and air magic. Goldroic soon explained that the priests had these kinds of weapons as well, though with their rapid fire guns from their mechs, were able to easily shoot down the ones the king's side were firing.

[info]Perception: 26
You saw the launch of four of these missiles coming from the city, presumably from the priests, heading straight to your location on the train.[/info]

pringerbeam

"Shit, Incomming!" Yelled Jean as he swiped the gun out of the nearest dwarf's hands and fired at the incoming missiles.

[info]Not sure the missiles are close enough or not or if there is time to try and shoot them all.  Jean won't bother to reload in between shots, instead he will just take the next dwarf's gun. Let me know if that would allow enough time to shoot more than once.

Attack (+27 base, -4 non-proficient)[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+23 : 2 + 23, total 25[/blockquote]    Damage (unknown)[/info]

Throndir

[info]Non priest dwarven guns are Pathfinder firearms, while the priests are using more advanced d20 modern/future gear.

For either, you would need a feat for rapidly reloading, however, Goldroic is using a type of rifle that has a capacity of 4.

Go ahead and roll more attacks according to your BAB progression (if you're able to do up to 4 attacks, then roll 3 more times).

For damage, it's: 1d10 x4 B and P +2d6 fire[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]2 more attacks from bab

Attack 2[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+18 : 11 + 18, total 29[/blockquote]  Damage (pierce)[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]
  Damage (fire)[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote]

Attack 3[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+13 : 1 + 13, total 14[/blockquote]  Damage (pierce)[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
  Damage (fire)[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info][blockquote]piercing 1d10 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]fire 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8[/blockquote][/info]