[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 4.4: Hunter

Started by Throndir, November 25, 2019, 05:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

With the nearest lion incapacitated, Eydis turns her attention to the one that's already surrounded. These cats are more nimble than I expected for their size. It's more important that we hit, rather than how hard we hit. Eydis thinks to herself as she begins weaving her hands through the air, gathering the wind around them into a glowing white symbol. Once the rune is solidified, she focuses on Sotu, pushing the rune toward them and calling out "Kari, guide them!"

The rune gently plants itself upon Sotu's back, and air currents surround her, gently leading toward her weapon.

[info]Cast Rune of Kari on Sotu for 2 MP.

Sotu gains +4 Attack as a Morale bonus. (I believe this overwrites the Attack bonus from the howl earlier, but not the damage bonus)[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

12 miles from Pyletus Village
Day 3 - Early Night

[info]Need to validate your spell, it may end up being slightly different. But I'll continue the combat rounds, and will tweak numbers if your spell changes.[/info]
[okay]Eydis casts Rune of Kari on Sotu, increasing Sotu's attack by +? ? bonus.[/okay]
[info]Rota to take turn.[/info]
[spoiler]Initiative: Sotu:21, Ciara:18, Jars: 17, Mimsy: 16, Lions, Taiga: 7, Yuki: 7, Eydis: 6, Rota: 4
Map & Status: roll20
Combat Log
Surprise Round
Lion stealth attacks, and pounces, downs two horses
Round 1
Sotu spends a HP, charges and hits, dealing 12 damage to Lion 2.
Ciara spends 6 MP, to activate Command Howl as a free action, granting +1 attack and +1 damage to Thalia familia members, Dian Cecht familia members gain +2 attack and +2 damage. Standard action Inspire Mimsy
Jars move action pulls out a mace and shield, while standing up. Move action adjacent to lion 1.
Mimsy moves adjacent to lion, aid another on Sotu, success. Sotu gets +4 AC.
Lion 1 full attacks Taiga. Bite hits, dealing 8 damage, grapple fail. Claw 1 misses, claw 2 misses.
Lion 2 full attacks Sotu. Bite hits dealing 12 damage, grab success, Sotu has grappled condition. Claw 1 misses, Claw 2 hits dealing 9 damage. Sotu goes unconscious.
Taiga swift action beastification, fullround attack, hits twice, deals 9 + 14 damage.
Yuki move action stand up from prone, move action draw weapon.
Eydis stands and casts Rune of Logi on Taiga.
Rota begins casting Dio Astrape.
Round 2
Sotu fails stabilization, and takes 1 damage.
Ciara drops torch, attacks lion, and misses.
Jars 5 ft. step, attacks, hits deals 3 damage.
Mimsy casts Dia Akesis on Sotu, for 7. Sotu is stabilized, conscious, prone, and disabled.
Lion 1 full attacks Taiga. Bite miss, claw miss, claw miss.
Lion 2 full attacks Ciara's horse, bite hit: 12, grapple fails, claw hit: 9, claw miss. Horse unconscious and dying.
Taiga misses.
Yuki misses.
Eydis stands and casts Rune of Logi on Taiga. Taiga's fists has 2 stacks of Ammo Damage (fire).
Rota continues chanting, round 2.
Round 3
Sotu standard action for total defense.
Ciara move action to stand up, total defense.
Jars attacks defensively and misses.
Mimsy casts Dia Akesis on Sotu, for 10.
Lion 1 attacks Jars, bite hit 6, claw hit 6, claw miss. Total 12 damage. Jars is dying.
Lion 2 attacks Mimsy, bite miss, claw hit 9 damage, claw miss. Mimsy is dying.
Taiga flurry of blows. Miss, hit 14. Lion 1 is dying.
Yuki moves. Attacks and misses.
Eydis casts Rune of Kari on Sotu, increasing Sotu's attack by +? ? bonus.
Rota to take turn.
[/spoiler]

Throndir

Day 3 - Early Night

After a few more seconds of chanting, Rota finally finished her spell.

"Cross the sky and run through the wilderness, run faster than anything else. Imbue the rage of storms and destroy the enemy!"

[okay]Rota casts Dio Astrape, hits lion 2, deals 6 damage. Lion 2 fails save, Lion 2 is stunned.[/okay]
[info]Sotu to take turn.[/info]
[spoiler]Initiative: Sotu:21, Ciara:18, Jars: 17, Mimsy: 16, Lions, Taiga: 7, Yuki: 7, Eydis: 6, Rota: 4
Map & Status: roll20
Combat Log
Surprise Round
Lion stealth attacks, and pounces, downs two horses
Round 1
Sotu spends a HP, charges and hits, dealing 12 damage to Lion 2.
Ciara spends 6 MP, to activate Command Howl as a free action, granting +1 attack and +1 damage to Thalia familia members, Dian Cecht familia members gain +2 attack and +2 damage. Standard action Inspire Mimsy
Jars move action pulls out a mace and shield, while standing up. Move action adjacent to lion 1.
Mimsy moves adjacent to lion, aid another on Sotu, success. Sotu gets +4 AC.
Lion 1 full attacks Taiga. Bite hits, dealing 8 damage, grapple fail. Claw 1 misses, claw 2 misses.
Lion 2 full attacks Sotu. Bite hits dealing 12 damage, grab success, Sotu has grappled condition. Claw 1 misses, Claw 2 hits dealing 9 damage. Sotu goes unconscious.
Taiga swift action beastification, fullround attack, hits twice, deals 9 + 14 damage.
Yuki move action stand up from prone, move action draw weapon.
Eydis stands and casts Rune of Logi on Taiga.
Rota begins casting Dio Astrape.
Round 2
Sotu fails stabilization, and takes 1 damage.
Ciara drops torch, attacks lion, and misses.
Jars 5 ft. step, attacks, hits deals 3 damage.
Mimsy casts Dia Akesis on Sotu, for 7. Sotu is stabilized, conscious, prone, and disabled.
Lion 1 full attacks Taiga. Bite miss, claw miss, claw miss.
Lion 2 full attacks Ciara's horse, bite hit: 12, grapple fails, claw hit: 9, claw miss. Horse unconscious and dying.
Taiga misses.
Yuki misses.
Eydis stands and casts Rune of Logi on Taiga. Taiga's fists has 2 stacks of Ammo Damage (fire).
Rota continues chanting, round 2.
Round 3
Sotu standard action for total defense.
Ciara move action to stand up, total defense.
Jars attacks defensively and misses.
Mimsy casts Dia Akesis on Sotu, for 10.
Lion 1 attacks Jars, bite hit 6, claw hit 6, claw miss. Total 12 damage. Jars is dying.
Lion 2 attacks Mimsy, bite miss, claw hit 9 damage, claw miss. Mimsy is dying.
Taiga flurry of blows. Miss, hit 14. Lion 1 is dying.
Yuki moves. Attacks and misses.
Eydis casts Rune of Kari on Sotu, increasing Sotu's attack by +? ? bonus.
Rota casts Dio Astrape, hits lion 2, deals 6 damage. Lion 2 fails save, Lion 2 is stunned.
[/spoiler]

Asta

Mimsy had taken a devastating blow from the lion, and had fallen unconscious. Sotu could see the blood running from her sister's wounds and within her there was a sudden snap. She hopped to her feet, taking advantage of the lion being stunned by the girl Rota's spell, and howled with rage.

"I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!!!" she screamed, as the furious rage pounded in her head.

Putting all the strength she could muster behind her blade she took a violent swing at the cat.

[info]Raging, Attacking Lion 2, Power Attack:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15[/blockquote]
Damage:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d4+12 : 2, 1 + 12, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 3 - Early Night

[spoiler=Combat Excelia]CR3x2 split 8[/spoiler]

The final lion was taken down. However, both Mimsy and Jars were unconscious and bleeding out as well.

Asta

"Help her!" Sotu cried out, falling to her knees as the rage faded. She wasn't particularly skilled in first aid, but she tried her best to staunch Mimsy's bleeding despite her fumbling hands.

[info]Heal to stabilize Mimsy:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

As Taiga saw the corpses of the beasts strewn bloody in the grasslands the high from the moonlight finally began to wear off. As he looked at the wounded form of his friends and traveling companions the magic evaporated of his form like steam. His beating heart finally slowed back to normal as he shrank down to his normal size, his shirt totally destroyed from the change, but he was otherwise still in one piece.

He moved over to Jars seeing that Mimsy seemed to be in good hands for the moment he did his best to take what was left of his shirt as bandages for the large man's wounds. "Jars is down, I'm going to do my best to stabilize him but I could use some help." He called as the last of the moonlight aura dissipated.

He worked quickly with a steady hand as he didn't seem to flinch at the gruesome slashes and bite marks. He went to work just like his mentor had taught him, by staying calm. He had let his inner beast out of its cage less than ten times in his whole life up to that point, and it was a very heady experience. But now that the fighting was done it was important that Taiga the person take back control of himself if he wanted to save this man's life.

[info]Heal Check
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+2 : 18 + 2, total 20[/info]

Schnizzer

Ciara heard Taiga mention Jars and turned towards him. She ran to him pulling a healing potion out of her pouch. "Move aside..." She didn't even wait for a response as she used the potion on the man.

[info] potion of cure light wounds [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 7 + 1, total 8[/blockquote]

Throndir

[info]Sotu's Heal (first aid on Mimsy): 18
You tighten Mimsy's clothing in places, along with using bits of your own to both attempt to stifle the bleeding. It took a bit of trying, but you managed to stop the blood from flowing, though her wounds still looked grievous. Mimsy did not regain consciousness, though at least she wasn't going to be bleeding out anymore.[/info]
[okay]Mimsy is stabilized.[/okay]
[info]Taiga's Heal (first aid on Jars): 20
As Sotu was working on Mimsy, you did a similar thing with Jars. You did a pretty good job as well, but it was then that Ciara had come over, and poured the potion on the unconscious and wounded man.[/info]
[okay]Jars is stabilized.[/okay]

Day 3 - Early Night

Jars took in a sudden and deep breath the moment he regained consciousness. He coughed out some blood a moment later, but quickly used his hand to wipe his mouth. The potion had closed the deep and fatal wounds around the neck area, though some blood likely would have still went down his lungs. He sat up, as he glanced around.

"Thanks." He said, nodding to both Taiga and Ciara. But he focused his attention on the four horses and Mimsy. "Ciara, you doing alright? Check if the horses died. If they're still alive, I think we can spare a single potion each for the horses and the girl."

"So, what do ya'll want to do with the lion carcass?" Rota asked as she hopped on the wagon pulling out some potions. She pulled out exactly five of them, handing a few of them to Ciara.

Mysticsage

"We should skin them and see if we can sell the various parts in the town we are selling medicine to," Taiga said pouring the last of his shirt turned rags for his own bandages as he stood bare-chested surveying the scene. He nodded to Jars as said his thanks.

"If we don't have enough horses to push the cart I'm willing to pick up the slack. With even one horse I should manage to keep up enough of a pace that we get there without much delay."

He turned to look at the bleeding form of one of the horses and sighed, "We should do our best to save the poor things, they did not sign up to be someone else's dinner," With a pained look he will wade into the pool of blood that the nearest downed horse was laying in and began getting to work.

"I'll do my best to get them stable and or check if they are even still alive, then you can come in with the potion. I only hope that it will be enough to get them back on their feet, I'm not trained with animals," Taiga grimaced.

[info]
Heal Check on Horse 1
Rolled 1d20+2 : 7 + 2, total 9

Heal Check on Horse 2
Rolled 1d20+2 : 7 + 2, total 9

Heal Check on Horse 3
Rolled 1d20+2 : 4 + 2, total 6
[/info]

pringerbeam

"By girl, I assume you mean our valiant healer."  Said Yuki as she intercepted one of the potions that was pulled out.  "I think she's earned a little pick me up."

[info]Will take one of the potions and use it on Mimsy[/info]

Schnizzer

"I'll be fine. You take it easy." Ciara then takes the potions from Rota. "Thank you, I'll use them on the horses. Stay with Jars. Are you hurt?" She looks at Rota with a bit of concern as she gauges if she was hurt too.

Ciara then went to help Taiga check each of the horses to see if any were able to be saved using the potions from Rota.

"Let's try and stop it from getting to that." She responded to Taiga and watched him. He seemed strong but that would be taxing. She wasn't sure he'd be able to make it all the way pulling the cart alone. She stopped for a moment. "You did well back there."

[info] Use 3 of the 5 potions on the horses if it will keep them from dying .

Mysticsage

Taiga looked at the work with the horses and stood, "All this blood is going to make things hard, and their vitals are not in the same spot, so I'm going to need help or medicine to save them."

Then Ciara hit him with the complement, he was suddenly on the back foot, he looked as if she had just hit him with a piece of wood so hard that a breath could knock him over. A second past before he finally responded, a trained kind expression back on his face in a blink of an eye, "Thanks, I'm used to getting the shit kicked out of me," he paused as he rinsed the blood off his hands from the leftovers of his water skin.

"I got lucky if I'm honest, sometimes I just end up seeing red, but I've only let the beast out a few times I don't really have full control of it. I'm glad I was able to distract one of them for a while, but I should have seen this coming before they got to the horses. At least Mimsy and Jars are alive, I can take putting myself back together, but I don't know how I'd handle having to deal with," he paused again trying to find the words and his mane-like hair swayed in the wind, "losing someone,"

He said sheepishly, "Anyway," he said waving off the mood, "don't worry about me. I need as much strength and stamina training as I can get, so I'm more than happy to pick up the slack if we need it. After all, it would give me a good tale to tell Thalia after all this. How I pulled a cart with medicine for sick people at full speed for a few hours. I'm not really good for much else anyway."

He smiled a large fanged grin at her that was somehow equally goofy and predatory at the same time, a side effect of having something akin to fangs for incisors. "You guys held your own weight as well, I think we would have been surrounded if we did not have the numbers we did."

Throndir

Day 3 - Early Night

Mimsy's eyes fluttered open when the potion was applied. Immediately she saw the faces of two of her comrades from Thalia village. Her sister Sotu, and the Amazoness Yuki. She took in a deep breathe as well as she began to recollect had just happened. The way the fangs sunk deep into her neck, as her blood started pour out. The way the sharp pain felt causing her to almost see stars in her vision as she slowly blacked out. The way the rough ground felt when she was finally collapsing under the weight of the lion.

It actually felt good.

The hume bunny couldn't help but let out her normal happy smile when she stared up at her saviors while still on the ground.

"Oh, did you know? Adventuring is kinda fun." Mimsy said moving her hands to her neck to feel the now-closed wounds. Her mouth was in a crooked grin, as her eyes shone brightly in an almost pleasure-filled gaze. "Let's find more monsters!"

Throndir

Day 3 - Early Night

"Ya'll were the ones who were up front, I'm fine." Rota replied to Ciara giving her a slight nod.

With one potion taken by Yuki, and the other three from Ciara. Rota went over to where Taiga was taking care of Jars. Wordlessly, the elf handed Taiga the potion, though only doing so once Jars nodded.

"Well o' course we handled ourselves well. Our girl 'ere is called the Shield Maiden. Captain of Dian Cecht familia." Rota said as she motioned at Ciara, with a hint of pride in her voice.

"How's dem horses?" She called out towards Ciara.

[info]Rota hands Taiga a Healing Potion (Rank E)[/info]