[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 4.1: Thunderbird Eggs

Started by Throndir, November 14, 2019, 01:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

"Getting chased by a bird of that size does not strick me as fun. But out of curiosity why do you think they are just at the side of the road? It's not the best place to build a nest. To many people come by for something of that size to be safe. Think someone else stole them?" Taiga asked looking the eggs over to see if he recognized them.

[info]straight int check to see if he knows anything or recognizes a problem with their placement

default int check.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 1 - 1, total 0[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Ciara's Intelligence (identify eggs): 14
You did not recognize what kind of eggs these were.[/info]
[info]Taiga's Intelligence (placement of eggs): 0
Though the eggs were in a strange spot, nothing really comes to you on why they would be positioned so.[/info]

12 miles from Spirnocum intersection
Day 3 - Early Afternoon

"I don't recognize them either. Rota's an alchemist, so she might recognize it. Though, right now she's asleep." Jars said motioning towards the over-filled wagon full of both potions, members of the Thalia familia, along with Rota and Ciara.

"I know a bit about our familia's creation of potions, but I'm no expert on flora and fauna. I do know eggs, either the eggshells, or yolk inside, are sometimes used for potion-making."

Mysticsage

"Those eggs are huge and probably fragile but sis may be able to make something out of them. You've already touched them so they're parents may not come back."

Taiga chuckled, "besides Thalia may want to try and hatch one."

Linwelin

QuoteSorry, I didn't realize I was referred to!

"I don't think just touching them would ward off anything that'd lay that large of eggs." Eydis replies to her brother as she appraises the eggs. "And as for why they're by the side of the road, maybe other passers-by knew, and decided to stay clear. I vote for not messing with them."

[info][blockquote]Raw INT:  1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Eydis' Intelligence (identify eggs): 13
You did not recognize what kind of eggs these were.[/info]

pringerbeam

"Well I say we take them.  Worst case scenario we can eat them in a pinch.  Best case scenario we sell them in the big city.  Unlike some familia we kinda need every val we can pinch and since these pretty much just fell in our laps...  well it would be poor sport to just turn down a gift horse from fate!  Besides, clearly no one here knows what they are.  We might find someone on the way that does."  Said Yuki, starting to gather up the eggs.

pringerbeam

[info] If no one tries to actively stop her Yuki take the eggs and put them in the back of the wagon.[/info]

Throndir

[info]Add these items to your inventory sheets.

No RP Excelia earned.

Soft-closing thread. Continue to Chapter 4.2: Tiring Horses[/info]

Schnizzer

Ciara would take the other one to bring back with her.