[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 4.1: Thunderbird Eggs

Started by Throndir, November 14, 2019, 01:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

12 miles from Spirnocum intersection
Day 3 - Early Afternoon

The group continued onwards. Rota, one of the newcomers from Dian Cecht familia was in the back sleeping. Jars was riding in his own horse following behind the wagon as the route heading south-east was set. 150 miles was a long distance away, though, the potential payoff was more than worth it.

[info]Perception requested from everyone (including NPCs).

I'll work on fine tuning the map above, and giving proper names to the destinations sometime this week.[/info]

Schnizzer

Ciara sits in the back of the wagon resting and keeping an eye out for trouble.

[info] perception [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 4 + 2, total 6[/blockquote]

pringerbeam

[info]Perception check[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

[info]Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 16 + 6, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 3 - Early Afternoon

[info][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 13 + 2, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Taiga perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Perception for Eydis:  1d20+6 : 3 + 6, total 9[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Sotu's Perception: 22
A short distance away, you spot what looked to be 3 eggs, each one about a foot in length. The eggs were left in some tall grasses, and none of the others seemed to notice at all. With the pace the horses were going at, it wouldn't be long until the eggs are passed by altogether.[/info]

Asta

"Ah" Sotu vocalized flatly, "Big eggs over there in the grass. She pointed in their general direction, then turned to Mimsy. "Do you think they're good to eat?"

pringerbeam

Yuki turned to look in the direction Sotu was pointing.  "I dunno, maybe?  How big are they?"  She asked as she headed over to the tall grass, squatting down to get a better look and following Sotu's directions until she found the eggs and tried to lift one up for everyone else to see.

Mysticsage

Taiga seeing Yuki jump off the moving wagon does his best to signal jars to slow down as he pulled back on his own reins trying to get them to trot.

[info]seeing this as an opportunity to take a few minutes to rest the horses he will then let them stop.[/info]

"Did you find something interesting Yuki?" He asked loudly

Asta

pringerbeam

Yuki held the eggs up to catch the sunlight, trying to think if it reminded her of anything. 

[info]INT Check to identify the eggs[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 11 - 1, total 10[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Yuki's Intelligence (on identification): 10
You did not recognize what kind of eggs these were.[/info]

Day 3 - Early Afternoon

"What's the fuss?" Jars said, noticing the wagon slow. His eyes soon moved to the object Yuki held.

[info]Knowledge (arcana) or Knowledge (nature) to identify.[/info]

Schnizzer

Seeing the amazoness jump off the cart and feel it slow, Ciara will perk up and grab her shield expecting trouble. "What's going on? What's the problem?" She then jumps off the cart and moves towards Yuki to see what is causing the ruckus. "Are those eggs? They're pretty big... which means what laid them isn't small either." She looks around to make sure there are no creatures nearby. "Maybe we should leave them be. If we take them or stick around whatever laid them may come after us and damage the shipment." She crouches down to look at the eggs to figure out what they are.

[info] Int check to figure out what the eggs are [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 13 + 1, total 14[/blockquote]