[Patrol] Book 1 - Chapter 1.8.2: Ogres

Started by Throndir, October 19, 2019, 07:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schnizzer

Seeing this heading into a fight, Virgil will grab his weapons but leaving his backpack with the cart. "Right, I s'pose I'm ready when y'all are."

[info] Stealth [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 4 + 6, total 10[/blockquote]

kitkat27

"Maybe we can... But we don't know how they'll react to it," Luna said in response to Virgil.

"We should take precaution. You guys should hold off approaching them, I think!"

And so she suddenly thought of casting a defense spell on the whole party now, and began speaking the chant.

"Craft the light in hearth's fire weave it well; weave it higher. Weave it now of shipping flame; None shall come to hurt or maim. None shall pass this heaven's wall; None shall harm from any of all. Be the light that shines the path; of shield's might and light's wrath.  Come forth shield of the many:  Bulwarks beam. Skylight caress, the shine of heaven's gleam!"

When Luna casted the spell, a hazy light appeared and wrapped all of them for a second and disappeared gradually.

"Okay now! Off you two go. I'll follow suit," Luna told them.

Throndir

[info]Luna's spell takes 4 rounds to cast, if you guys have other prep, state them with that 4 rounds. Since this is your first serious fight, I'll be nice and not let the ogres notice 4 rounds of spell-chanting, and we can just say the ogres are upwind from the group, and the fact that the boulders are blocking the view. But keep in mind there could be cases in the future, where it might not be so convenient![/info]

Throndir

[info]Kerrick's Stealth: 20
You were able to get into position without the ogres noticing.

Virgil's Stealth: 10
At 60 ft. away, one of the ogres roared catching sight of you.[/info]
[info]Roll for initiative!

Virgil, move your token 60 ft. from the ogres. The ogres are unaware of Kerrick. So Kerrick take your surprise round action.[/info]

Kerrick

Kerrick finds a nice spot behind a old tree stump where he can see the ogres watching his steps Ever so carefully he knows it has to be done carefully kerrick rises above the tree stump enough to get a nice shot on the closest over and looses a arrow from his bow [info] attack with bow [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17[/blockquote] after firing the shot he gets ready for what's next [info] initiative [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 15 + 2, total 17[/blockquote]

Kerrick

[info] damage [blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Schnizzer

Virgil, trying to keep up with Kerrick, follows with his bow in hand along the boulders. He brushes against one of the boulders, knocking some of the smaller rocks down. He stops and crouches as he waits. "Well, shit. Maybe they didn't hear it?" He peaks his head around and looks right at one of the ogres looking at him and hears it roar. He quickly pops back behind the boulder, eyes wide with fear. "Yep, nope, he heard me."

[info] Initiative [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11[/blockquote]

kitkat27

Initiative

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]

Oath

Elidia sat in the cart, examining her companions. She had worked with one of them the previous day, but the rest were new to her. She prided her self on being flexible, able to adapt to a variety of situations. Her suspicions were confirmed, and the monsters this time around were ogres. As Luna prepared her spell, Elidia drew her rapier and looked at it with a sly grin.

"Shall I lead the frontal assault?" She pointed her rapiers towards the ogres, as if she were sizing up a regular person for a fight. "They can hit hard, but they're a bit slow right? We should be okay."

[info] Initiative roll: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 14 + 7, total 21[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Southern Road from Thalia Village
Day 7 - Afternoon

[info][blockquote]Initiative 1d20+7 : 1 + 7, total 8[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Surprise Round[/info]
[okay]Kerrick's arrow shot true, hitting the ogre for 6 damage.[/okay]
[info]Round 1[/info]
[info]Elidia to take turn.[/info]
[spoiler=Combat]Initiative: Elidia: 21, Kerrick: 17, Luna: 14, Ogres, Virgil: 11, Tella: 8
Combat Log
Surprise
Kerrick shoots and hits, dealing 6 damage.
Round 1
Elidia to take turn.[/spoiler]

Oath

After the arrow struck true, Elidia hopped off the wagon and started to move towards the ogres.

[info]Elidia double moves 80ft towards the ogres[/info]

Kerrick

Kerrick looses another arrow smiling with confidence after seeing the first arrow strike so well [info] attack then damage] [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 9 + 4, total 13[/blockquote]  [blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Throndir

[info]Elidia double moves south 80 ft.[/info]
[error]Kerrick shoots, arrow bounces off its armor.[/error]
[info]Luna to take turn.[/info]
[spoiler=Combat]Initiative: Elidia: 21, Kerrick: 17, Luna: 14, Ogres, Virgil: 11, Tella: 8
Combat Log
Surprise
Kerrick shoots and hits, dealing 6 damage.
Round 1
Elidia double moves south
Kerrick shoots, misses.
Luna to take turn.[/spoiler]

kitkat27