[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 4: Trade Troubles

Started by Throndir, October 06, 2019, 08:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

Sotu, having up to this point been watching a bird off in the distance, realized that she could probably be helping Taiga. "Ah. I'll help." she said and hopped off the cart to assist.

Mysticsage

"Good day to you, miss," Taiga says with a nod, as he lifts the largest piece of cargo with relative ease. He made sure to hold the wares in both hands to make sure anything fragile was not at the risk of being broken. Due to the added strain, his already small shirt showed every contour of his large six foot six frame leaving little to the imagination. He walked with relative ease, more concerned with carrying things well then the actual weight of what he was carrying.

As he walked by the woman his ears and tail twitched in her direction as he spoke, "Glad to be in your service today," he said flashing her a warm toothy smile. "I'm Taiga, I hope we enjoy our time together. Let me know if I need to be careful about any piece of cargo in particular or anything I shouldn't handle," he said leading her to their own wagon. "May I ask what your name is and the name of your other companion?"

Schnizzer

"I am Ciara Breathnach, of the Dian Cecht familia. This here is Rota." She gestures to the elven woman behind her. She then motions towards her large companion. "You've already met Jars. As far as the boxes, just don't drop anything and you'll be fine. "

She places her shield down against their cart and starts helping move boxes to the other cart. "So where are you all from?"

Throndir

48 miles from the Rakian Borders
Day 3 - Morning

Seeing everyone hopping to the wagon on the side of the road, and moving the crates one by one, Mimsy of course had to help as well. She wasn't particularly strong, but she would at least try to move the lighter and smaller boxes.

"Hello Ciara, Rota, and Jars. I'm Mimsy." The hume bunny introduced herself as she moved to place a hand on top of Sotu's head, who had just started to move the crates. "This one is Sotu. She's my precious little sister." Mimsy explained. "We're from Thalia village."

Throndir

48 miles from the Rakian Borders
Day 3 - Morning

"Damn girl, you're always so modest!" The elf who was introduced as Rota spoke out as she grinned at Ciara. She glanced towards the rest of the group. "She's actually Dian Cecht's familia's captain." She eyed Ciara, her captain. "You gotta strut your stuff sometimes. Ya know, show them you're a bad-ass an' all. But yep, I'm Rota. Rota Helland."

"But ya guys, really appreciate ya helpin' us. I'm actually a bit worried about dem people who called in for a huge order of medicines, potions, and even someone like me to help diagnose whatever sickness is plaguin' the lot o' em."

For an elf, she didn't sound like an elf at all. She had a particular accent that was more similar to those who lived further south, nearer the deserts, than those who lived in the more temperate regions and forests elves typically made their homes in.

Schnizzer

Ciara sighs as she looks over towards Rota. 'I do not strut..." As she walks by Rota she looks over in her direction with a very serious glare. "I make sure no one tries to stop you from strutting for me." Then there's a faint hint of a smile as she continues on and places the crate on the cart.

As she turns around and glances the travelers over real fast her face has a quizzical look. "I have never been to Thalia village. What brings you out this way?" With the others coming to help she steps back and stands near Rota to move out of the way and let them continue loading the cart.

Mysticsage

"Looking to make an investment in a building within the shadow of the big city." Taiga smiles glancing over to Eydis on the wagon as he placed the cargo on the box to see if she felt anything about the group. He wasn't that well read, but at the mention of their god he hoped she might be able to tip him off if there was going to be problems.

"Our goddess is focused on the arts and likes historical architecture, so she sent us ahead to see what we can find to start building a foothold. Have you ever been in Orario? I imagine with the tower healing items like these can be sold at a premium?" He asked recognizing that they were willing to offer an ungodly sum for what they would have done for free back home. For them to have that kind of money on hand not only were the loaded they must be confident in their ability to not be robbed. It was moments like these that was glad he was his own weapon incase something went wrong.

Schnizzer

"I'm actually from Orario. We live and have a shop there. And sorry, I don't make a habit of discussing familia business with outsiders." She watched them, still unsure of what to make of the group. How many times has she seen country folk come to make it in the big city? As they worked she thought to herself, maybe these people are different... They seemed strong at the very least. Optimistic or just naive? She supposed time would eventually tell.

"So, making names for yourselves in the big city? There are areas devoted to the arts, if that's what you're looking to get into. What was it you were planning on doing? Orario is a big place and it helps to have a plan."

Mysticsage

"I didn't mean to pry," Taiga nods glad to see at least a little bit of caution from this woman, made it at least slightly less likely that there would be an ambush further down the road. He let none of his concerns show on his face as he maintained the trained facade of a professional who is always meant to take interest in the other person.

"The plan is to get the biggest place that can handle various skill sets that we can afford. Between the five of us we have various skills and mean to make money. Though I imagine most of the time will be spent exploring the tower to try and make the real wait of our Vals. If you are going back to the city for a while an experienced tour guide would be a lifesaver whenever you have the time,"
he said as he continued the process of loafing the cart.

"May I ask do you enjoy city life?"

Schnizzer

"It's good to be versatile. You never know what the city will throw at you. And if you plan on going into the tower, well then you definitely want to be prepared." She gives a soft sigh as her posture seems to relax a little. "I'm sorry, I'm sure you'll do fine. Listen, let's finish our current business and then get to the city. If you'd like a guide, Rota loves newcomers." She pats her friend on the back.

"I enjoy it just fine. I'd ask how you liked country life but seeing as how you're moving to the city... I take that it was lacking?"

pringerbeam

"Ugh tell me about it! Nothing to do out here but murder tourists and use their corpses as puppets."  Exclaimed Yuki, interrupting the conversation. "Anyways, so you're willing to pay pretty well just for a delivery.  Your familia must be loaded."  She observed with a slight questioning tone as she rubbed her hands together.  "Must be nice.  Our poor familia can barely scrape two vals together."   At this Yuki swooned in an exaggerated manner.  "How fortunate that a mighty and generous familia like Dian Cecht happens to have crossed our path.  It must be fate!"

Schnizzer

Ciara straightens up again hearing the Amazoness' comments. She gives her an angry side glance. "Well, if you'd like I know a district in the city where you could easily find work." Turning away from the woman, she looks back to the others. "You'll learn that some familias are more willing to work with outsiders than others." She then gives Yuki another side glance. "Orario is filled with the most powerful familias around. We may not be the most powerful but you'll learn quickly it's better to make friends."

pringerbeam

"I kid!  I kid!  So serious!"  Replied Yuki with a foxy grin and hands raised in surrender.  "Our goddess is the embodiment of comedy, the personification of humor.  You can't fault us for a little melodramatic jab here and there, especially if we are going to be spending a long and otherwise boring walk together.  Here, how's about a peace joke?  What's the difference between an amazoness and Ares: god of war?"  She paused for effect before finishing.  "About four inches.  Oooooooooooh!  Must be a barbecue because that shit's on fire!"  She exclaimed as she bounced around the broken down wagon in a circle.  "Speaking of, ladies and gentlemen I need to relive myself.  Don't go make a break for it while I'm indisposed.  There's no way I'll find you in THIS LABYRINTHINE WILDERNESS."  She yelled with a wave to the open plains that surrounded them in all directions as she waded into the bushes to find an appropriate place to answer the call of nature.

Asta

Sotu, barely paying attention to anything other than moving crates, cocked an ear when Yuki told her joke about the size of Ares' member.

"Four inches... ah." she mumbled, and then cracked a small smile.

Despite being mentally half a mile away most of the time, even she wasn't above smirking at a dirty joke.

Schnizzer

Ciara rolls here eyes and sighs as she turns to Rota and whispers, "This is going to be a long trip."

She then steps back and watches as the finish moving the stuff from the cart.