[Diane] Chapter 4: Trade Capital, New Binmoor, the Silver City

Started by Throndir, September 21, 2019, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor - The Silver Inn
Date: Day 5 - Evening

"Formal? I suppose..." Kenver stated as he let himself be picked up. Though Maban on the same table as the two of you chuckled.

"It took a lot of work for my brother to get to the point of where he is now, our own mentor would be thrilled for someone to see him as formal though." Maban explained.

"There's a lot about my own people and culture that differs from the Felencorp alliance." Kenver said ignoring his brother's comments altogether. "Everyone in our country are born with white hair for one. Something we take for granted, but it's something we all realized when we began to meet the people of this world. We don't have a ruler as the Felencorp do... Instead, we have a loose structure of priests heading each town and community. Magic being something only priests can use. In this world, magic seems to be employed that even knights can use it, and even those as young as Hunt. If Hunt were born in our world, he likely would have become a priest himself. There are monsters in our world, with the duty of us priests to tend to our flocks and protect them. But not as much monsters as there are in this world, where an entire adventuring guild is required to handle those threats."

[info]Also include a straight Charisma check.[/info]

Anima mea

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 16 + 2, total 18[/blockquote] Cha Check

Diane listens intently Kenver explains their society and it's arrangement, winking at Maban at the comment about Kenver being formal.  Once he finishes, she looks at him and shakes her head, "Maban how does courting work in your world?  Is it long and drawn out? Short and rather to the point?  Since your brother went educational rather than illuminating."  He pats Kenver's hand gently as she makes her statement to Maban, "I need to know what I'm getting into, because I plan to stick it out with the man if he'll, you know, actually get to the point."  She grins at Kenver as she says it, her grin a bit crooked.

Throndir

Maban laughed. "Though he may try to sometimes act otherwise, he's never around other women too much. Nor I, of course, our work makes things as those hard to come by, and more so that we are leaders of our community."

You noticed a slight flush in Kenver's cheeks, though he didn't do anything else to call attention to it. It was hard to tell if that was from embarassment over hsi awkwardness, or the fact that you were being forward. Perhaps even it was a mix of the two.

"Generally it's the men who court the women." Kenver finally said. "Your drive... it's not something I dislike, and I find it one of your best qualities. It means you can stand on your two feet. But that doesn't mean that I can't support you." Kenver then stared deeply into your eyes, as he flipped his hand over to hold yours. His touch was gentle, almost tender, as he held your hand.

Just as it seemed he was about to say something, his eyes instead grew mischievious as he flashed a grin.

"So I'll support you. I'm already here as your priest of the hero. But... I want more. And I'll give you more."

Anima mea

Diane listens to Maban intently, taking great care to hear the words, but also dissect them down to their meanings as well.  When he finishes, she turns to Kenver and sees the flush on his cheeks.  When he starts speaking and places his hand over her own, she smiles, "I'm glad I came here instead of you coming to my world, for your sake.  Women range from more forward than me, to being as timid as church mice.  I think you two would have your hands full to be sure."

When his comment about wanting and giving her more finishes Diane simply smiles, "Let's just take it a day at a time and see where it goes.  I'm sure we'll get where we're going in time. Besides, there is always business to attend to and well, I need to be seeking the shelter of sleep soon."

Throndir

Maban let out another quiet laugh, which Kenver only blushed more. He turned away though as if to hide his own feelings.

"Of course Diane." Kenver said after a few more moments.

[info]State any more plans/actions for the rest of the evening. Call out anymore downtime if you think you can fit something for the rest of the evening so we can resolve it.[/info]

Anima mea

Throndir

Date: Day 5 - Late Evening

The rest of the evening went by well with plenty of camaraderies to go around. Maban and Kenver had even had the opportunity to mingle with some of the other knights too. They haven't really talked with the knights before, but ever so slightly it was easy to tell that the two priests were beginning to warm up to the others.

Soon enough, the time was getting late, and soon enough, one by one, each of the knights retired to bed.

Date: Day 6 - Morning

[info]No events scheduled in Diane's calendar for Day 6[/info]

Morning came by. You were awoken by the sounds of Kayden doing some maintenance work on her sword. With a cloth in hand, she seemed to be polishing her blade, or perhaps oiling it. She was methodical about her work, though how she moved her hands, and handled her sword showed that she cared for her blade.

Anima mea

Diane slowly, comes fully to consciousness, he mind a bit foggy.  "Good morning, at it already I see.  Probably a good thing, if my day goes anything like I think it might." Getting out of bed slowly, she stretches, "Anything on the books for today?  Any meetings I've forgotten about?  I ask, because if I am being honest,  it's likely I've forgotten lots of things on the official side of things."

Throndir

Kayden looked up towards you as she shook her head.

"Apart from either training, or handling monsters on the first level of the labyrinths. The only thing we have coming up is a meeting with the New Binmoor Trade Council the day after tomorrow." Kayden explained.

Anima mea

Diane nods quietly and begins to get dressed.  Pulling the belt on, she shakes her head, "So, girl talk, marriages here, bug production or small family affairs?  Kenver and I are courting and I want to know what I may be looking at if he doesn't want to get rid of me out frustration by then." Grinning, she pulls out a dagger and rummaged around a pouch or for a sharpening stone. 

Throndir

The knight didn't immediately respond, only looked at you thoughtfully for a moment before moving the blade she was polishing to her lap.

"Ever since the war started, marriages were less frequent. Nay, it's not that we don't have them, but the ones that do still occur are skewed. For you see, only the richer merchants, or those in higher standing, can afford to have weddings. Most of the time, if one wasn't lucky enough to be a knight, or skill to be an adventurer, or have connections to a leader of their people, generally, they are conscripted, trained, then sent out to help with the war effort."

"So to answer your question, tis the extremes of both. On one side you have the privileged flaunting their weddings. Then on the other side, you have smaller weddings from young soldiers before they are sent out to war. I suppose there are also marriages between adventurers and deserters as well. They are a freer bunch, though their own circumstances dictate that they likely would have smaller marriages."

Kayden paused for a moment as she began to continue polishing her weapon.

"Kenver... What do you see in him, if I may ask? The month since the village of Chynance appeared, he and his brother had always done their best to slow down any proceedings of my own country. They only follow now because you lead them."