[Diane] Chapter 4: Trade Capital, New Binmoor, the Silver City

Started by Throndir, September 21, 2019, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anima mea

Diane nods in agreement with the enjoyment and comfort on bad days.  A soft sigh escapes her lips as the heat relieves the stiffness. When the woman brings up the labyrinth she thinks about it and nods, "It is something I have very much considered to be sure.  Although, the rest of my group will probably want prep time. Mostly, I just need a bath in the morning to get up and get moving.   Otherwise, it takes very strong tea to get me moving. "

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor - Silver Inn
Date: Day 5 - Morning - Bathhouse

The woman smiled knowingly at your mention of tea.

"The spice trades of Baolong brings in many exotic spices." She commented. "Much of it, and other exotic goods, can be found here in New Binmoor. All driven by the Silver Labyrinths, oversight by the Guild, and the guidance of our country. It brings in many adventurers from far and wide to try their luck in the labyrinths, feeding into the economical engine of this city."

"You know... Sometimes I envy adventurers, exploring places they see fit, seeing sights only few see..." She smiled pleasantly at you. "You've chosen a respectable profession."

Anima mea

Nodding in agreement at each point with the woman, Diane is almost relaxed enough to fall asleep.  Waking up fully, she smiles, "It is not the profession I wanted in the beginning, but it is the one I feel destined for."  She grins, as she takes stock of the area for a moment, "I am Diane Malone, what is it I should call you?"

Throndir

"Stories are told all the time about adventurers and the feats they accomplish." The woman replied. "There's a particular romantic quality about it." 

"Diane Malone... Interesting name. It's not one you hear very often." The woman said nodding. She started to look towards you with a keener eye, but eventually simply sat back in the pool letting the warm and gushing water caress her back into comfort.

"I am Marley. It's a pleasure to meet you Diane." She said rather formally.

Anima mea

Diane nods in as close to a formal manner as she can, "It is a pleasure to meet you Ms Marley.  I would offer my sevices as an adventurer, but sadly, I am relatively new and as such, not quite so useful as other adventurers that are established.  However, if there is something I can do for you,  at least within my power, let me know An did can try to get it done."

Throndir

"Well Diane Malone... There's indeed something I can think of, but perhaps the next time I see you, we can discuss it then?" Marley said. "For now... lets enjoy this warmth bath. I'll be running late to a meeting, but I daresay, the old fools can stand to wait another few minutes." She lady said as she closed her eyes again, like before, and settled back into the water.

[info]It'll be a bit more til Kayden potentially arrives. If you have any other actions, or any dialogue, feel free to state so, otherwise I'll move scenes.[/info]

Anima mea

(OOC: Let's move along on scenes, Diane would honestly, go straight to enjoying the bath and soaking off days in the saddle.)

Throndir

Soon enough, Marley left, nodding to you once as she moved out the door. You had a few minutes to yourself, until the door finally creaked open again. This time, it was Kayden. She was dressed formally. A simple uniform, though, lacking the armor that you were accustomed to seeing on her. She did have her weapon sheathed to her side however.

"Hero Diane..." Kayden said in a fierce whisper as her eyes were wide as she looked at you.  "That was Madame Marley. Trade President of New Binmoor. She's... Like the mayors of Chynance. But more involved in our country's politics."

Anima mea

Diane looks up at Kayden when she enters still in her uniform.  Arching an eyebrow about to ask why she was still in her uniform she is interrupted.  As she listens to the explanation of who the woman was.  Shaking her head, "She seemed like such a nice woman.  It's nice to have some background information on who she is before I meet with her again.  That does make sense why when I said if i could help her and she needed my help, I would do what I could for her and she had that she had some things I could help with. " 

Lounging back in the hot water Diane looks thoughtful, "Although, I suppose I understand why she didn't introduce herself with her title, she wanted to relax and not have all of that hanging over her shoulders.  I did not tell her I was a hero, merely an adventurer, because I didn't want to have all of that hanging over my head in a conversation either."  Looking back at Kayden, "Join me, you should wash the road off and definitely let the water do it's work on your skin, I can imagine that your skin hasn't been treated properly in months.  I can rub some oils into your skin, soften it up.  We could see if we could find you "company" for tonight.  I wouldn't mind rooming with the boys to make room for you."

Throndir

"A warm towel will be sufficient to cleanse my body from the road's grime." Kayden as she entered the bathing room, closing the door behind her. "It is with madam Marley that you are to meet at a later date, along with a few others from the Trade Council, once you've situated yourself here. I did send in my report to my superiors once I arrived in the city last night. They want to meet with you immediately."

"As for the oils... I must decline, a knight should not let the hero do such things for them. It... it should be the other way around in fact! Though... that isn't quite proper either..." Kayden furrowed her eyebrows, for once she seemed a bit unsure of herself.

"And what do you mean by company?" She asked, not coming to any clear conclusion, and instead focusing on you. She did eventually decide to sit cross-legged down near the entrance to the bathhouse, with her sword on her lap.

Anima mea

Looking at Kayden with an amused look on her face Diane does her best to be the friend she is trying to be.  "Company, you know,  man to warm your bed, among other things.  I have papers to start writing on developing technology to help win this war, so romance is not in the cards for me, but I will certainly vacate my bed to give you the privacy you need to have some romance of your own." Diane winks conspiratorially as she reaches down a pulls her towel up a bit more.  "I don't have what are affectionately termed girlfriends here in this world or in my old world, so you are it my friend, you are my bosom buddy, my confidant, my partner in crime.  The very least I can do for saddling you with that burden is help you have soft skin that smells good and give you privacy to have the "companionship" that I won't have the time to allow myself. Besides, maybe if I do my job well enough, we can find you a nice knight or solider to settle down with after the war.  Wouldn't that be nice?! I could be Aunt Diane to you and Hunt's children and I could spoil them and build toys for them."

Throndir

A slight blush slowly crept itself on her features. "I thank you for the concern, hero Diane... but romance isn't something I'm seeking either. You see as a knight, especially one assigned to one such as yourself, my first duty is to my country, then next, is to you. And... I'd rather... not bed just any man either."

"And if only this war is to end... my generation, and the previous two generations grew up with this war. I should have hope that we have a chance of succeeding, yet, my hope for so remains... in sufficient. Much rather I be of use to end the war though, than to think of what could be. I clamor to be sent out in the front to lead a charge against the demon hordes, and even take down a demon lord. Yet, I know that it's my place to aid the hero, you."

"Anyways, if company it is that you wonder about... Then can I ask about the Chynance mayors? I tend not to agree with their thoughts, specifically Kenver's." Kayden rolled her eyes. "Yet did I glance a few times when the priest looked upon you tenderly. Mayhaps I can say it's a woman's intuition, if not my own keenness as a knight."

Anima mea

Smirking at Kayden's commentary Diane merely shakes her head, "Much as one might imagine that they are both ones to turn someone's attention, I am much more in need of a women's attention to detail in the womanly arts.  I have been guessing on how a lady is to conduct herself in situations and my general conduct towards flirting and so on has carried me this far.  However, we are, at court as it were.  I need the instruction of someone I can trust and one who shares my gender.  Besides, out of all the females I have met, save Gaea herself, I trust you most. So, sadly until the day comes your government considers me properly caught up or protected and sends you on to other duties, we are stuck together.  We may as well make the best of it and be close friends such as we are both unlikely to find otherwise with the paths we have set ourselves on."

Throndir

"Matters of the court... I admit it's been years since I've attended to such. Part of the training on being a knight consists just that, though, surely and perhaps surprisingly, Hunt would be more adept for the fact he is of noble lineage. Your time with nobles would be soon though. As I mentioned before the council wishes to meet with you. Many merchants have requested an audience as well, though, you are to meet with the council first before anything."

"We can spend some time for you to learn about the nobility here and how our government is structured if you'd like." Kayden proposed as she stood up finding a towel and what looked to be a bar of soap of some sort.

"Mayhaps I can cleanse your back too while we go over it."

[info]If you agree, we'll treat this as a Training for Knowledge (nobility). 1 roll for 2 hours of learning.[/info]

Anima mea

Diane nods silently, "It appears that wisdom dictates I bone up on nobility before that happens.  As for my back?  I think I am going to soak for a bit while I listen to you educate me on court.  Does this mean I will need dresses or will clothing I incorporating pants be acceptable?"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote] knowledge nobility