[Diane] Chapter 4: Trade Capital, New Binmoor, the Silver City

Started by Throndir, September 21, 2019, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Perception: 11
When you glanced back, you saw no sign of the knights or Hunt.[/info]

Anima mea

Shaking her head with a rueful smile on her face, she rides on to the inn enjoying the peace and quiet, which is is mostly sure will be the last she has for some time.  Nodding to people as she passes them and even waving at small children that look at her, she grins and for a short time, despite being in a very different world, she starts to feel very much like her old self again.  Once she gets to the inn, she rides up to the stables and gets down from her horse.  When a stable boy approaches she speaks up, "I am with the party of the hero from Chynance village.  If you will stable my horse with the rest of them and make sure she gets a rub down, she's done me well for the past few days and it is the least I can do for her."  Winking at the boy, she turns and heads to go into the inn itself, her stride varying back and forth between slow and measured and hurried. 

Once she is inside the inn she approaches what she can only imagine is the innkeeper and flashes him a smile, "I'm with the Chynance Village heroes' party and if you could give me a room, I would appreciate it.  Preferably with one of the female knights, women tend to get on better at night with another of our own as it were."  While she waits for a key to one of the rooms, she turns around and looks around the common room, excited in her own way to be in a new environment and to study if possible.  Mostly though, she wanted to a bath to wash off the road and a sound night's sleep.

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor - Silver Inn
Date: Day 4 - Evening

"Nywelcome to the Silver Inn!" A cat demihuman with pink hair said loudly when you entered. You noticed that it was fairly quiet in the lobby, which doubled as a tavern of some sorts as a couple of the knights there were already eating some food. Some of them immediately recognized you and gave quick nods or even a salute if they were near enough. You noticed that this wasn't the full group of knights, but you imagined that the others might have been resting, or perhaps elsewhere around the city.

Apart from the knights, there was no one else around either, save for the Silver Inn staff members who would take care of orders or clean up dishes. One of the staff members of the inn had a stringed instrument of some sort and was playing a gentle melody as the knights simply relaxed and spoke with one another.

Kenver and Maban Angwin were there as well, sharing their own table as they simply talked with one another while partaking dinner. They caught sight of you almost immediately as well, and waved towards you in greeting.

"Well if nyur the hero, then even more nwelcome for nya! ⋆" She said cheerily as she pulled out a piece of paper and began to scribble on it. When she was writing, you couldn't actually recognize the individual characters as she wrote them, however, the moment that she wrote enough, it looked as if the words on the paper suddenly transformed and changed, and you were able to read it. She handed you the paper, on it read 'Room 201'.

"Room 201. This is the room the one other female knight picked."

Anima mea

Smiling at the cat woman, Diane nods and turns to look around the room once again. She nods and then salutes the knights.  Turning to the Angwin brothers, she gives a short wave and just kind of takes in the family she has at hand for the moment.  Although, there is the thought that some of them would eventually die if she wasn't careful.   Shaking her head and the smile slipping some with this thought, she pasted a new smile on her face and turns and heads for the stairs.  As she ascends the stairs she take care to be mindful of people coming and going using them, being as polite as possible.  Once she makes it to the second floor, she begins to search out the room she is looking for.  Once she finds it, she knocks on the door and waits a few moments before trying to open it, speaking up as she does, "Kayden, it's Diane, I'm coming in.  You've got a bunkie for as long as you'll have me."

Throndir

Date: Day 4 - Evening

Going up the stairs, the Silver Inn was quite true to its namesake. Although wooden floorboards were used, many parts of the wall, and ceiling, were lined with silver or marble, giving the lodging an expensive kind of vibe. Each of the doors were neatly labeled with plaques, flowing silver lettering on each, making it easy to figure out which room was what. You found out that room 201 was actually a fairly small room, at least going by the distance from each door. However, like the rest at least, the door to it was just as ornate as the others.

Your few knocks weren't answered, and as you told Kayden you were coming in, and opened the door, you found that no one was in the room. However, you did manage to see a few packs, as well as what looked to be Kayden's armor.

As what was expected, the room wasn't very large, though it included a table, a cabinet, and a bunk bed. Although it was small, the same amount of care went into the decoration, and with the silver linings everywhere, it made the room look almost too gaudy, if compared to those on Earth. The bunk beds were large however. Each mattress was perhaps queen-sized, if using the measurements from home.

Anima mea

Diane smiles faintly, "I hope she is off visiting family or at least renewing acquaintances.  Although, she is rather dutiful, so I doubt it."  Shaking her head, she walks over and puts her own pack down and begins to slowly get out of her armor, taking great care with the belts, buckles and weapons.  This done, she checks the bunks to see if Kayden claimed one and once she finds the unclaimed one, she climbs in and is soon asleep, the travel and change over the past week or two finally hitting her at once.

Throndir

[info]You can choose to wake up to it or not, otherwise we'll just move to the morning after. Lets have you take the top bunk, since Kayden would have just used the bottom one if she wasn't expecting company.[/info]

It was around later in the evening when most of the other knights had already went into their own rooms, when the door to yours opened. The light of a flickering candle soon filled the room. Whoever had opened the door noticed your presence in the bunk as a soft sigh escaped their lips.

"That's where you were..." The voice said. The person moved in closer then, being careful to tip-toe quietly in order to not disturb your sleep. Eventually the person sat down on the bottom bunk, which was on the bottom.

Anima mea

Waking the next morning at dawn, as has become her habit, Diane sits up slowly and looks around the room.  Leaning over the side of the bunk and down into the bottom, she grins at Kayden's sleeping form.  Shaking her head at the thought of a prank, she climbs down from the bunk as quiet as she can, trying to be as stealthy as she can.  Once she is on the floor, she moves over to her gear and begins to rummage through it to get out a towel, soap and some clean clothes.  This done, she moves to the door, one more look at Kayden and she sighs.  Walking over to the knight, she gently shakes the woman, "I'm going for a bath, do you wish to join me Kayden?  Perhaps a little girl talk to help us get to know each other better.  Besides, I did kind of disappear on you last night and took the top bunk from you."

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20[/blockquote] acrobatics roll to get out of the bunk without waking Kayden
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14[/blockquote] Stealth roll to move about the roll and rummage around in her bag without waking Kayden. You know, before she wakes her anyway, like an idjit.

Throndir

Date: Day 5 - Morning

Without all of her armor and livery, Kayden looked very much like a normal woman. Her features wasn't overly feminine, which was why it was easy for her to almost seem like a man, but the way she was fast asleep, breathing softly, her freckled face seemingly calm, and her hair laid out only seemed to accentuate her more feminine qualities.

But then she opened her eyes, as she stared at you rather flatly.

"Hero Diane. I found Ged, Eli, and Hunt at the city center." And again, Kayden was immediately back into her business-self as she sat up on her bed, rather stiffly. "Without your presence." The covers on her bed gently wrapped themselves on her, bunched up around her waist when she had sat up. She was the type of person to have a morning glow, though the demeanor on her face off-set it with something a lot more stoic.

"I nearly had all the knights search for you until one of them mentioned you were here." She drew out a sigh. "The knights aren't here just to keep watch, but they're here for your protection... Anyways. A bath...?" Her face was blank for a moment, but she eventually looked down at the ruffle of covers around her, and the fact she was in pajamas. There was a slight blush on her features, but she did her best to remain collected.

"You may take the bath, hero Diane, but as a knight I'll refrain from the comforts of the inn, and stay vigilant in case the need arises." She said quickly, as if embarrassed from the thought.

Anima mea

Smirking, she reaches down and grabs Kayden's hand, "You can protect me while I bathe, of indeed that is your main mandate.  Besides, if you are going to be my roommate and the head of what is essentially going to be my guard of sorts.  So come along, besides, there is much I wish to learn from you.   Let's be honest, there's much I need to learn from you and I feel there is much I can teach you."

Throndir

Date: Day 5 - Morning

Kayden couldn't help but pause and consider the invitation for a moment. After that moment of hesitation however, she eventually nodded. "Well... I suppose. Though, I would need to change to more proper attire. Even if I were to leave my armor here, I'll still be using a uniform more befitting of a knight, rather than..." She paused for a moment as she considered what she was wearing. "Rather than this blouse... Give me a minute to change. I'll... meet you at the bathhouse."

Anima mea

Diane grins, one that had been deemed infectious when she was younger,  although it was rarely seen these days.  Turning, she heads for the door, stopping long enough to grab and buckle on her belt and weapons.  She smirks back at Kayden, "You may have infected me with the need to always be armed."  When she moves to open the door the armlet is revealed more so than it has been previously.  Leaving their room, she grins back at Kayden before she closes the door.  Turning away from the door she heads for the common room to inquire after directions to the bath and then heads there.

Throndir

Date: Day 5 - Morning - Bathhouse

Asking directions from the innkeeper, you were soon pointed your way to it. It consisted of a changing room, followed with the actual bath house after it. Just looking inside however, it wasn't nearly as extravagant as the ones that the Angwin mayors maintained in Chynance village. The one in Chynance had a rustic feeling, with architecture reminiscent of a Japanese bath house from earth. This one from the Silver Inn did indeed look fancy, but in a completely different way, with much more silver trimmings and gaudy decoration placed about.

There was just a single person in there. An older lady, who looked quite heavy who was lounging in the pool. She had her eyes closed, and didn't quite notice you yet.

Anima mea

Diane, after spending a few minutes changing from clothing and grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her, steps into the baths and looks around.  Seeing the woman, she decides to be quiet and not bother the woman.  Moving around to the opposite side of the bath, she steps down into the bath, letting the heat and bouyency relax her.  Settling into the bath, she breathes in deeply, closing her eyes for a few moments.  Opening her eyes, she looks at the woman, "Good morning.  Fine time of the day for bathing, don't you think?'

Throndir

Date: Day 5 - Morning - Bathhouse

The heavy woman opened her eyes, and she smiled warmly when she noticed you.

"Oh yes indeed! I come here some mornings just to make use of this bath." The woman explained. "It's a comfort to be enjoyed before the start of the day. It's just what I need too... Sometimes, you can get these bad days, you know?" She chuckled to herself.

"Going to tackle the labyrinths today?" The woman asked politely, as she settled back into the warmth of the bath.