[Diane] Chapter 4: Trade Capital, New Binmoor, the Silver City

Started by Throndir, September 21, 2019, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]I can count this design making as Craft checks for a particular project. Just state what you're trying to make, and we'll keep track of hours spent, along with your rolls.

If you're doing any Training, state them too and include rolls.[/info]

Date: Day 4 - Evening

This next leg of the journey would be the last day until the arrival to New Binmoor. The journey was fairly uneventful. No monsters or dangers had appeared, and other travellers simply left your group alone. Soon enough it was evening, and in the distance was what looked to be a tower. The closer you came however, the more you realized that the tower was actually an extremely large and tall one. Not only that, it was at the center of a city in the distance.

You were told that it was New Binmoor. A city of white and silver, with the main roads leaving in and out of the city busy with traffic.

The Angwin brothers were amazed at the sight too, both for the tall tower at the center of the city, along with the fact that most of the city had a distinct white and silver color scheme and architecture to them.

"Welcome to the Silver City, New Binmoor, home of the Silver Labyrinths."

[info]State any plans you have, though, it's already evening, around 6 PM.[/info]

Anima mea

Diane looks over the city and after overcoming her awe with the scene, she smiles, "First things first!  We need a place to sleep tonight, I don't want us struggling to find lodgings later.  Next, I think I'll wander a bit, unless of course, Hunt isn't up to it, then I'll find the nearest library and begin research."

Throndir

"Lodging will be provided here." Kayden explained. "New Binmoor is one of the three trade capitals of our country, and also the only one that had been a trade capital for the longest. Before the shifting, New Binmoor was a city known for its dungeon, though, when the Felencorp capital was replaced by the Baolong Dynasty to our south east, New Binmoor became our capital. The Silver Inn next to the entrance of the dungeon had already been booked. A section of it had been cordoned off for our group. I simply need to inform the innkeeper that we've arrived, along with some other matters."

Kayden turned towards you.

"We'll give it a few days before you meet with the Trade Council. Unless you prefer to meet them earlier. There is also the matter of the artifact that the country wishes to gift you, though, I suspect that will be brought up during the council meeting. Since it's already late, feel free to explore the city at your heart's content. Hunt will help show you around to that library if you wanted. Four of the knights here will shadow you from a distance, while the rest will make their way towards the Silver Inn. After my own business, I shall meet you and the mayors there as well." Kayden said.

"Starting tomorrow morning, we'll do some more basic training... Once you feel able, we'll be attempting the Silver Labyrinths in a few days perhaps. Anything else you need before I take care of my own matters?"

Anima mea

Diane looks at Kayden and shakes her head, "Keep the knights, Hunt will be enough, if they kill me, they kill me."

One they have entered the city proper, Diane takes the reins in hand, the looks at Hunt with a nod and then turns and rides off, without a thought about letting anyone stop her, having decided she needed some one-on-one time with Hunt and the city itself.  Listening to see if Hunt is following, she simply starts to map the city itself as she rides through, treating it like she would visiting any other new town or city back in her own world.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 7 + 7, total 14[/blockquote] Int check for accuracy of mental map and remembering landmarks.

Throndir

When you sped off, Hunt hesitated for a short bit, but you heard the tell-tale sound of his horse following shortly after you. You also heard the other knights speak with Kayden, and moments after that, at least two of the knights began to follow from a distance away.

You begin to mentally map the city as you began to trot your horse into the main road of the city. For a city full of trade, it was surprisingly clean and wellkept. Even the main road of the city was well-maintained. With as many horses and caravans going through the wide main road, normally with as many pack animals that go through it, there would have been messes all over, but no so with New Binmoor. Apart from that, there were many other individuals here with armor, large swords, staves, and others with pointed hats that were reminiscent of the old RPG wizards of video games. Apart from that, there were much more people here with animal ears compared to the roads. Back in Chynance village, everyone there was human, but you began to realize that a large percentage of the population were animal-folk, or, demihumans, as they were called.

[info]Being a large trade city, assume it hs anything you would typically expect, you can state any specific destinations.[/info]

Anima mea

Slowing a bit to allow Hunt to catch up, Diane actually comes to a stop in front of a smithy and there is something wistful in her gaze as she watches the smith and his workers.  Once Hunt catches up, she sighs, "That's work that can be appreciated.  It takes time and effort and a knowledge of your materials.  One day I should learn this trade, maybe after the war is over and if I'm alive I will start a smithy of my own or even a foundry."  Shaking her head she starts the horse off again, just taking in the main avenues of the city, going slowly enough and taking the time to learn as many of the sides streets as possible.  Coming to a large thoroughfare she stops and looks at Hunt, "How close are we to the center of the city?  How close are we to a library?  What direction would I go to a temple should I desire to pray as it were?"

Throndir

Hunt pointed to the tall tower that the two of you were nearing. "That's the Silver Labyrinths! The center of the city, and also near the Silver Inn." Hunt said. "Most of the important buildings are here in the center... Primarily ones that cater to adventurers and dungeon delvers. Like... armor and weapon stores, smiths, and things like that." Hunt said. "There is a temple district here too that we can go to! The six goddesses are worshipped there, but since this is a trade city, other churches are welcome to start here... Libraries are found in the same district too."

Anima mea

Finding out that the dungeon and as such the inns were so close, Diane simply nods, taking into account that having it at the center of the city makes it quite easy to plan trips for materials and knowledge.  Hearing there are temples, she takes special note of the information Hunt is giving her.  As she sits astride her horse, she looks around the city and just takes it in again at the street level. 

Turning to Hunt, "So tell me are you from New Binmoor or another city within the Alliance?  And if so, would you like me to get you excused to go spend time with your family?  I don't think it would be too hard to finagle that downtime for you.  YOu've given me family as it were, but I would not want to deny you a chance to see your own.  I do realize that you do have your own family, despite suffering the addition of a big sister from another world!" Despite the words, Diane has a grin on her face and laughs at the end, the affection she feels for the boy showing through.

Throndir

Hunt only blushed from the attention.

"Papa and mama live here in New Binmoor... Umm you see, I'd like to see them, but... I've known them for years...! And since you're my family too, I think I would prefer to stay with you. Oh! But big sis, you should meet mama sometime, she makes really really yummy cakes!" He smiled as his eyes began to look inwardly in his own memories, drooling as he did so.

He smacked his lips a moment later as he quickly wiped his mouth.

"Well, I'm sure you'll get to meet papa soon."

Anima mea

Diane shakes her head, "How about this?  We get settled in as it were and as soon as it's reasonable we take some downtime and we both go see your family?  That way you get to see them and I can meet the wonderful family that raised a sweetheart of a young man like yourself?"

After saying this and getting an answer from Hunt Diane turns her gaze on the city leading her horse to the side of the street to keep from being in anyone's way.  After a few moments, she turns and waves the knights forward,  a grin on her face as she looks at Hunt and says, " I know they are here to protect me, but let's make them part of the fun so they can enjoy it to hmm?

Throndir

"Sure! Papa and mama would like to see you, I'm sure." Hunt said confidently.

Once you lead your horse to the side of the street, and waved the knights forward, they began to move, though, they had already been shadowing from a distance away since you had parted ways with Kayden, the mayors, and the rest of the knights, who were likely on their way towards the Silver Inn.

"Part of the fun...?" Hunt asked drawing near.

Anima mea

Diane winks as Hunt asks what she means, "You'll see, I can imagine that knights want to have fun. Why not at least get them in on helping me get used to the city as it were?  I mean, guarding me can't be that fun."  Once the knights have caught up with them, she smirks at them, "Gentlemen, please tell me what your favorite parts of the city are.  I am new, and well, Hunt is young, so we need some instruction from people who've been around and seen the world as it were.  So please, instruct us in where to go to have fun or even just find a nice quiet drink."  She is smiling, hoping very much that including the knights will make them understand she is their hero as well, despite wanting to do it her own way.

Throndir

"The brothel is a pretty nice-" The first knight said, only to be elbowed by the other knight.

"What he actually meant was the... garden near the brothel... The Silver Gardens they are called... Part of the entrance to the Silver Labyrinths."

"O-ooh... H-haha... Yes... The Silver Gardens... Y-yes that's what I meant." The first knight said.

"The labyrinth is a good place to level up too. Us knights get most of our experience on the front lines, but whenever we're here in New Binmoor, and if Kayden gives us a few days of rest, a couple of us sometimes form a small band to practice on the upper floors."

"Brothel...? That's where... other big sisters are? One of my friends told me all about it!" Hunt said proudly.

"Master Holton... I don't think you actually know..." The second knight said quietly, while the first one looked on sheepishly trying to avoid both yours and Hunt's gaze.

Anima mea

When the brothel is mention, Diane cuts her eyes at the first knight and when the second knight covers for him, she looks at Hunt, praying that he didn't catch it enough to question it.  And for a few moments that prayer seems to be answered and then the makes his statement.  Cutting her eyes back at the first knight, she sighs, angrily and then turns to Hunt with a warm and sisterly look, "Hunt, dear heart, the girls that work in a brothel are potentially big sisters to someone, but they are not big sisters in the sense you are thinking.  They, do intimate things for money and as such, depending on how your morality sees it, are not very good people.  Or they are good people who are doing a bad thing for a good reason.  Either way, they are not the big sisters you need to be looking to for guidance.  If you have big sister questions and so forth, you come see me, I will be all the big sister you need, at least until you become a big strong man and you have a wife, and well, you won't need a big sister quite as much.  Then I'll just be someone you see when you can and I'll come by and spoil your children.  Sound good?'

Throndir

New World - New Binmoor

Hunt frowned seemingly confused from what you were saying. He must have realized to just accept whatever you were saying, or not question it though, even though he had a look of confusion still plainly written on his face. "Umm... well... I think even after I have a wife I still would need my big sister." Hunt said puffing his cheeks slightly.

"How about you can always be my big sister, and you can come by with cakes?" Hunt said shortly after a huge grin on his face.

The other two knights looked on with as light amused look on their face, but they seemed to always have been used to how Hunt was, and didn't really comment any further.

"The Silver Inn has a tavern too, that's only reserved for those staying in the Inn... With most of it booked for our group, it's a quiet place." The first knight who had first mentioned the brothel said, perhaps in an attempt to redeem himself.

"If it comes to a nice place to eat though, there's some good restaurants around the city... It's about dinner time too. I think the others are probably making their way to the Silver Inn and relaxing there. But since me and Ged are on duty still, we planned to just have some of our rations." He said, pointing to a pouch on his belt.