Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 8: Training Again!》
Location - Spirit Tree Camp
Date: Day 8 - Time: 4 PM

[spoiler=OODM]From crystal ooze:

Small A-Grade Mana Crystal

Update your Items sheet when you get a chance.[/spoiler]

You make your way back to camp without any trouble.

[info]State any plans for rest of day.[/info]

Linwelin

Fred sighed with relief once he saw signs that they were nearing camp. "Alright, we made it! Tu, go get yourself some proper medical treatment. Also, thank you for the help, I've learned I still have a long way to go before I can really fight well with all of you." Fred humbly thanked the four of them. "And with that, I'm going to go train. Let me know when the others come back so we can see how sustainable living down here is."

"Shuren! Give me everything you've got, I still have a ways to go."

"Hm?" Fred exclaimed to himself during a break between bouts with Shuren "There's a new power...? Barrier?" Fred stands from his resting position. "It likely works the same, so let's try it. Barrier!" Fred states in a commanding tone, waiting to see what manifests.

[info]Fred is going to do two 2 hour Trainings on Deadly Agility.

[blockquote]Training 1:  1d20+11 : 2 + 11, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training 2:  1d20+11 : 19 + 11, total 30[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Date: Day 8 - Time: 4-8 PM

[info]Feel free to roll as many Training checks as you want for the next n-number of days. According to your Techniques sheet, you still have 4 hours of training.[/info]

"Oh what is this I hear? Grueling training, coming right up!" Shuren said, as he appeared almost out of nowhere, and proceeded to use his weapon against in a flurry of strikes.

[info]Training
Deadly Agility: 4/14[/info]

Sometime after

The moment you asked 'Barrier?', a bubble appeared around you. When you said Barrier in the more commanding tone, a menu appeared.

[okay]Barrier
Target: Self
[Increase Hitpoints]
[Increase Range]
[Decrease Hitpoints]
[Decrease Range]
[Remove][/okay]

Linwelin

[info]I was going to wait and see if I can use my time training with the return of the other squads. Since at the moment we can only live down here for another week, right?

2 more 2 hour trainings

[blockquote]Training 1:  1d20+11 : 7 + 11, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training 2:  1d20+11 : 3 + 11, total 14[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Date: Day 8 - Time: 8 PM-Midnight

During the next set of training, the other groups started to arrive back. Both of the groups had seem some trouble exploring, and many of them came back with wounds. No one was lost however.

The foraging group reported that they found a number of mushrooms and plants. They brought back about 10 pounds worth of edible roots and mushrooms. They had also brought back the carcass of a giant centipede-like creature, that didn't taste too bad once cooked. All in all, this would buy the entire group another day.

[info]Foraging Group
Area: Targeted Explore of Section 1
Lai Ju (leader, scout), injured
Wen Chaoxiang (guide & cartographer), injured
Wen Chaoxiang's Subordinate 1, injured
Wen Chaoxiang's Subordinate 2, injured
Wen Chaoxiang's Subordinate 3, slightly injured
Wen Chaoxiang's Subordinate 4, slightly injured
Wen Chaoxiang's Subordinate 5, badly wounded

Found:
1-day Rations found: +10 lbs
1 centipede carcass: +50 lbs

Flower Retrieval Group
Area: Targetted Explore of Section 2
Eris Alaster (leader, scout), injured
Filiane Darkspinner (guide & cartographer), injured
Lu Zhihao (rear guard), injured
Jed (point guard), badly wounded

Found:
1 Blue Flower that produces mana liquid
1 gallon of mana liquid (128 mana potions if vials are found)

Exploration Group
Area: Explore of Section 1
Lai Fen (point guard), uninjured
Han Tu (scout), badly wounded
Abrielle Moreau (cartographer), uninjured
Bethany Claw (rear guard), uninjured
Fred (guide), uninjured

Found:
Just a bunch of monsters

Camp Resources
Food (lbs): 410
Consumption per Day: 50 lbs
Mana Liquid Blue Flower: 1
Mana Liquid Production: 1 potion a day

Training
Deadly Agility: 5/14[/info]

Linwelin

Fred carefully listened to everyone's reports, as well as noting their injuries. In the end, he could only sigh. "It seems this isn't sustainable. Everyone do your best to rest up and heal your wounds. We've gained an extra day, but it looks like we'll be going to the surface in a week's time. Instead of strictly exploring the tunnels, let's try to make this area safer from attack. Build walls and whatever other defenses we can with our supplies. I don't doubt that we'll have to flee here again."

"Until then, I am going to focus on training. I still can't hold a candle to all of you, and the last thing you need when we get out of these tunnels is a burden. We're going to be saving and protecting others, you shouldn't need to do the same for your own leader!" Fred chuckled out, mocking his own condition. His eyes had been opened in the tunnel. He wasn't a raven anymore, and running away at the first sight of danger wasn't an option anymore.

"Any questions, or thoughts of what else we need to do? I'm sure I've overlooked something."

[info]Fred will be focusing on training for the next week, but I'll just roll 3 days worth in case a story point comes up.

Will be training Deadly Agility, then Raw Ki Blast, then Ki Strike.

14 hour shifts, 2 hour trainings[/info]

Quote[spoiler=Day 1][blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 15 + 11, total 26[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 18 + 11, total 29[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 13 + 11, total 24[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 4 + 11, total 15[/blockquote]

[blockquote]CON:  1d20+9 : 15 + 9, total 24[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 10 + 11, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+9 : 4 + 9, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 1 + 11, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+9 : 17 + 9, total 26[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Day 2][blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 12 + 11, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 7 + 11, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 16 + 11, total 27[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 3 + 11, total 14[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+9 : 16 + 9, total 25[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 9 + 11, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+9 : 11 + 9, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 5 + 11, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+9 : 9 + 9, total 18[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Day 3][blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 1 + 11, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 20 + 11, total 31[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 9 + 11, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+9 : 11 + 9, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+9 : 12 + 9, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 5 + 11, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+9 : 12 + 9, total 21[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[info]Day 9
Trainee: Success
Mentor: Success
Mentor: Fail
Trainee: Fail

Deadly Agility: 8/14

Day 10
Mentor: Great Success

Deadly Agility: 14/14

Day 11
+2 (greater ki sensitivity)
Trainee:

Raw Ki Blast: 8/8

Camp Resources
Food (lbs): 410 -50 -50 -50 = 260
Consumption per Day: 50 lbs
Mana Liquid Blue Flower: 1
Mana Liquid Production: 1 potion a day
Mana Potions: 131
[/info]

Linwelin

...About five days of food left, is it? Fred thought to himself as he looked over the supplies. He'd been trying to keep track of the rations every morning before training began. We should start scouting above ground again, see if we can assure supplies. These caves aren't good enough to live in as is. Fred quickly left the supply tent, seeking out the Lai sisters or Eris for advice on how to proceed.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

You manage to quickly find both the Lai sisters and Eris. It seems like they were gathered with Lu Zhihao《Sadist》, along with Filiane, at the mana flower that they had planted near the base of the spirit tree. In the past few days, Zhihao had been using much less actual attire, and was wearing nothing more than bits of black ribbons and scraps on her body.

Lu Zhihao licked her lips when she noticed you. "Leader! We were just talking about causing pain to test some things, wanna join?"

Filiane frowned as she smacked Lu Zhihao's head. "Bad Zhi. Bad." Filiane eyed you right after. "This flower is a rarity... It seems to produce something that restores mana, as per Eris' description. And trying it ourselves seems to work. The rest managed to forcibly wake me up by pouring some of the liquid down my throat when I mana blanked out earlier today as a test..."

"A way to restore mana isn't something quite known up there... Magic is one of the key components that drives the victor in conflicts. Normally, unless one was gifted such as you, Fred, or... born with it such as I... mana remains a limiting factor for most mages."

"In other words, all the sects above us would kill for this. Anyways, what's up Fred?"

[info]Color change for Lu Zhihao, Filiane, and Eris.[/info]

Linwelin

"Interesting...this might be the answer I was looking for then. I'm sure you all are aware, we're running out of food. And now that we've found a substance worth trading for anyone above ground, well, I think you know where this is going." Fred smiled knowingly at the group. "I'd like to form a team for retrieving supplies. Trade this liquid for its worth in food, wall and defense materials, and anything else you think would be necessary." Fred began pacing a bit as he spoke, looking at the crystal-lit caves around them. "This cavern has proven safer than any of the former bases, so I think making this a defensible home is important. In the mean time, now that I know the flower's worth, I think we need to head back into the tunnels. There was another one we came across that I'd like to retrieve. So I'd like recommendations on who should do what task."

Having wandered toward a suitable rock to sit on near the group, Fred takes a seat as he continues addressing them. "Once the Ravens have a nest, we can start reclaiming our territory properly."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"If it comes to heading to the surface, then I volunteer myself, and Eris." Lai Fen announced. "Us two are one of the strongest ones in our group. If we run into the Red Hand, then we'll be fine. I would recommend that we take Abrielle up with us as well. She seems to do rather well with bartering and dealing with something as rare as this mana restoring liquid... More than likely, we'll have potential dealings with sect leaders on the surface."

Eris frowned.

"It's dangerous in the tunnels. I would like to go with Fred." Eris said.

"And so does everyone else." Lai Fen said sarcastically. The ex-leader of the Dark Ravens turned towards you. "Well, Fred? What do you say? If it comes to strength, Jed, and Ju are probably next."

Linwelin

Fred nodded along with Fen's assessment, smiling empathetically at Eris' protest, "I'd say Fen's idea is probably best. As much as I want safety in numbers in the caverns, the stealthiest members are needed on the surface. It could be heavily patrolled by the Red Hand, or some other new leader, for all we know. I want to prioritize the above ground group's safety as much as possible, especially returning with the goods.Don't get tracked. Fred placed his chin in his hand, taking a sort of thinking-man pose where he sat. "But without you two, I don't think I'll do any intense exploration in the caves just yet. As Eris said, it's dangerous. So a quick flower retrieval, in and out. As for who..." Fred falls into thought

Ju would indeed be a good choice, and Bethany made a good scout. I would bring Jed, too, but he's taking care of-

"Wait, hold on. Jed was watching over Ruogang, right!? How's her condition? It's likely best that he continue attending to her, if it's still bad." Fred said with concern.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

[info]Color change for Li Zhihao to better differentiate from Lai Fen.[/info]

"She's still in bed and Jed's being a hover mother." Lu Zhihao said. "She's no longer in pain though. Believe me I can tell. The last two days at least she's been fine, just won't get out of bed and pretending to still be sick. Jed continues to pamper her though. Feeding her with a spoon, placing wet towels on her forehead."

The sadist rolled her eyes. "It's beginning to feel like 'Mo Ruogang' is attached to Jed. Which I don't quite understand why. Sure he's got muscles and can probably take a delicious punishment. But he's waaaay too bone-headed." Lu Zhihao bit her lip as she eyed you hungrily. "I'd much prefer to hit you, Fred."

The other girls glanced at her strange choice of words.

"... like with a whip."

"I wouldn't worry about Ruogang." Lai Fen said. "She's been rather docile lately... I sat and talked with her when she woke up. Loyalties aside, she understands she can't really do much either way. Plus... she seems to soften up whenever Jed's around. You can talk to her yourself if you'd like to, Fred."

Linwelin

Quote from: Throndir on June 10, 2020, 11:00:44 AM
"... like with a whip."

"...eheh. That isn't much better, Zhihao..." Fred nervously chuckles out a few words to try to move past the situation. "I might have swoop in to see it for myself. Ruogang being docile? Interesting." Fred smirks, imagining the situation as described. "Well, in that case, I can't take Jed away now can I?" He says with a smirk.

"Alright, if there's no objections, then the supply team will be Fen, Abrielle and Eris. You have the best expertise for this job, which needs to be successful for the success of the Ravens. Also, if this substance is as powerful as you say in this world, do your best to make sure it doesn't end up in the hands of our foes. As for the flower retrieval..." Fred thinks for a moment. "Well, I have people in mind, but I guess I should ask...who wants to do it? Having volunteers is better than ordering, in my mind. With Jed out, so far the list is just Ju. Considering we'll be trying to carry a large flower safely, we'll likely need around four more. Two to protect, four to fight anything we come across."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Now hold it!" A voice called out. You recognized that it came from Tiffany Ninetail《Dark Raven》.

"That wench Abrielle has been rubbing it in my face that she's being relied on instead of me!" Tiffany looked crossed but she boldly strode up to you, with her hands on her shapely hips. Her red eyes stared into yours. "You are taking me! Now, now, I was once ex-nobility too before being enslaved, but I'll have you know that I too am a Dark Raven! I can help with retrieval!"

Edyth Razorfang《One Slash, Four Kills》 who was standing quietly behind her spoke up.

"Lady Ninetail... Tis not proper to push yourself on the hero... You musn't."

Tiffany paused at that as she sighed and nodded.

"Yes, yes, Edyth. You are right." The nine-tailed girl mumbled. She retried again, this time bowing her head in deference to you.

"Hero Fred, I ask that you take my retainer and I to be your guards, so that I can prove my worth as a Dark Raven..." She paused as she then turned to look for her nemesis, and spotting her a distance away talking with other members of the group. "OVER AND BEYOND THAT OF THE WENCH ABRIELLE!" She shouted towards the other woman in the distance.