[Jean] Chapter 17: Back to Mt. Velothia

Started by pringerbeam, August 09, 2019, 02:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

"Well...  Future Lord I guess I should say.  We aren't married yet."  Said Jean with a sideways glance to Lili.  "But I'm definately in agreement.  Lili?"  He asked, turning to fully look at Lili.  "I we should see about Karn then if we're all in for this...  I guess he'll be getting to see the city earlier than we thought."

Throndir

"Aye." Lili responded, glancing at both you and Captain Charles. Her eye had a sparkle to them, one that gave of a feeling of pride and determination. That said, she still gave off an aura of uncertainty, seemingly glancing towards you often during the last minute of discussion. Though, that could be explained with the fact that apart from being a princess, Lili most likely would have spent most of her time fighting monsters down below rather than doing leadership work.

"We'll git me kin tae help the surface-dwellers."

"Great! I'll need to quickly write a report and give some orders before we head to the dwarves. Let's... Let's meet at the peaks of Mt. Velothia? And hero... If you can provide transportation for me... That would be appreciated. It isn't normal for other dragonriders to share their companions you see, so I can't ask my men to. As for the hero Rosalie, having her here as an insurance in case something happens would likely be for the best. Apart from me, the rest of the men look approvingly towards her."

pringerbeam

"Hmmm... I'll need to figure something out for transportation.  Viridio can carry 3 people, it might be hard to seat more than that... Gust will be carrying Dalina and Anja..."  Jean crossed his arms and rested his chin on his thumb and forefinger.  "I don't suppose I could get you to carry me again Alyona?  Would Vasillisa let you travel that far away?  I'm not sure how far away you are allowed to go.  I know the other day you were able to carry me to the battle but you said none of the younger dragons go to the other mountains normally."  He asked, turning to the young dragon.

Throndir

"Ah... umm... uhmmm..." Alyona mumbled hesitantly, her cheeks flushing. "It's embarrassing when you ask to ride me..." The little girl said shifting her gaze away.

Captain Charles cleared his throat uncomfortable. But the girl continued to mumble. It was quiet, but yours ears easily picked it up, though, likely the others around you had to strain to hear it.

"Maybe if we were contracted..."

Captain Charles' eyebrows raised as everyone, including the other knights around the table with the map on it, turned to look at you.

QuoteColor change for Alyona to better differentiate from Lili.

pringerbeam

"Woah uh...  Do we have to?  I mean I don't think that would be right.  It's going to be weird enough when I have sex with my wife with the height differential but she's at least of age...  No offense Lili."  He stamered with a sideways glance to his fiance as he backed up from the table with his hands raised up.  "Can't...  can't you just carry me like a sack of potatoes like you did to the battle?  I know you're supposed to get contracted up soon but I'm not into the whole loli thing in that way."  He said as he looked to the knights.  "Though..."  He murmured to himself as he looked at some of the other dragons that appeared no older than Alyona beside their knights. "Hey you.  How old are you?"  He demanded, pointing to one of the knights who appeared to be bonded to a dragon that looked about the same age as Alyona.

Throndir

"Uuhh..." The knight started. "I am Thurston! 24!"  He said proudly, he turned around and placed a hand on top of a little girl's head, which you had assumed to be one of the dragons. "This is Dariya, she is 51 years of age! Twice mine!" He laughed forcefully.

"So uhh... this is nothing weird! She is uhh... older... technically..."

pringerbeam

"Okay...  okay...  well I contend that I'm 23 at heart...
I can do this."
  Jean muttered as he looked at the young dragon, then to Alyona, then back to the dragon knight.  He cleared his throat and coughed.  "Ahem...  Well better me than one of these dudes.  If you would have a contract with me then I will do it."  He said with all the confidence of a wet cat.  "So uh...  How do we do this?"  He asked, looking to the knights for some hint.

Throndir

Both Captain Charles and Thurston looked away awkwardly. Captain Charles himself begun to whistle a tune. It was Alyona who turned to stare at you, her cheeks getting red.

"Um.. umm... Ah... Typically..." She stammered. "Umm... t-typically... we have to um..."

"Kiss!" Dariya, the dragon with Thurston said loudly and almost cheerfully.

"Nooooo! It's umm... a contract..." Alyona said. She mumbled again, but you managed to hear her. "Off ceremony contract..." She raised her voice a bit and she glanced around at the others, then back towards you. "I was asking the elder about it after you left... If a contract could be made out of a ceremony... If big sister is going to save the world then I want to help too."

pringerbeam

"Oh uh...  The elder dragon...  Do we need to...  get her permission?"  Asked Jean, trying to put aside the finer details just revealed to him about the contract.

Throndir

pringerbeam

"Well uh...  Then maybe we should go talk to her?"  Suggested Jean.

Throndir

Alyona fidgeted. As for Captain Charles and Thurston, they didn't seem to provide much help either, both of them simply avoiding your gaze. There was certainly guilt there, but none of them were willing to admit anything.

"O--oh it's okay... I heard the dragonknights were going to petition the elder to move the age down to 40 years of age next..." Alyona said as she transformed into a dragon a moment later. She flapped her wings as a rush of air blew hard, Captain Charles had enough foresight to keep the map on the table down as Alyona hovered in the air, she then moved right above you, with one of her legs hanging down.

"I can... carry you." Alyona said. "Unless you want to ride your fiery bird."

pringerbeam

"Sure uh..."  He looked back to the impromptu war council.  "Lili, I think you should discuss with the knights about your people's military resources.  That way they know what's coming and can better coordinate once we get a secure route from the city."  Said Jean, looking back as he walked under Alyona's backwash.  With that he reached up and grasped her offered claw, letting her take off for the elder.

Throndir

Lili waved you goodbye as you and Alyona flew up into the air. Before you left, you saw Lili glance at the knights with a fire of determination behind her eyes.

Date: Day 9 (Jean), Day 11 (Rosalie) - Time: 6:15 PM

Alyona soared into the skies, heading straight towards the peaks. Since it was already autumn, the sound was already starting to set, and an orange glow covered the skies. It didn't take too long to get to the peak, and with your strength in the new world, you were easily able to hold on without much problem at all.

You made it to the peaks, and soon enough you landed. Before you was a large entrance to the cavern, but it didn't take long for the elder, Vasillisa to appear.

"Hero of the Wind Priests, Jean... I felt your presence coming up... It's good to see you safe here as well."

QuoteColor change for the Elder for readability.

pringerbeam

"Vasillisa, beautiful as always."  Said Jean as he was let down by Alyona.  He shuffled in place a bit nervously as he looked at the once again child sized Alyona.  He took in a deep breath before launching into his request.  "I uh...  Well I need some help and Alyona is able to provide that help but...  Well it seems I need to form a contract with her and well you know I hear that the dragon knights wanted to lower the age of contract and well I think that I would be a good partner for Alyona and even though I'm old and grey I'm pretty young at heart and I won't do anything untoward so...  Would it be alright for us to form a contract?"  He asked as his explainaiton spilled out of his mouth quicker than he had anticipated.