[Hanako] Chapter 14: Southern Mining Site

Started by Throndir, August 29, 2019, 10:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Spellcraft: 19
Like what the belt mentioned, you could tell from the emanations of mana and magic coming from it, it had to do with something about physical enhancement, but you couldn't really figure out what exactly.[/info]

When you attempt to pull the belt from the remnants of the ruins that held it, it was fastened tightly against it.

"That's for security... only authorized personnel can release the locks." The belt chimed in.

Asta

"Helpful. How does one get authorization these days?" she asked the belt. Then addressed the lock itself: "Lock-san, are you awake?"

Throndir

"Oh... Oh... you see... you get authorization from the city's governing board." The belt stated. "I haven't seen them around lately though..."

"Awake! Finally awake! You? Who are you? Oh! Oh! You are a person!"

Asta

"Gotcha." Hanako replied to the belt.

"Good afternoon, I am indeed a person. Say, is there any possibility that you could open up for me perhaps?" she said to the lock.

Throndir

"Oh! Well, usually this signal is sent to me, saying I can open it. So until that signal is sent, I can't really open it! No possibility!"

Asta

"I see, and where does this signal come from exactly?"

Throndir

"It comes from these circuits at my base, which gets them from... somewhere else!"

"Are we trying to... open ... something?" Trudy asked, crouching down slightly to look at it closer. "These are just old ruins, that metallic band is strapped against the belt tightly though."

"I say shalt we just breaketh free thine belt? Mayhaps destroy these ruins further." Kari suggested.

"I do not agree with this nonsense! Breaking anything is rejected!"

Asta

"Hmmm..." Hanako hemmed quietly.

When Trudy and Kari spoke up she turned to look at them. "It's some kind of strength enhancing magic belt, at least that's what the belt says. The lock is electronic, and considering the advanced nature of these ruins the metal may be harder to break than appears. Also it really doesn't want to be broken. Let me take a look and see if there's an alternative."

[info]Attempting to use Knowledge (Technology) to trace the circuits or wiring from the base to wherever sends the unlock signal, provided the technology is similar enough to something Hanako is familiar with.
Knowledge (Tech):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Knowledge (technology): 21
You manage to find a couple of strands of optical cables, or at least, some sort of variant of it, near the base of the ruins. These wires seemed to feed into the lock mechanism. There were multiple wires.[/info]

Asta

"Hrm..." she muttered. "OK, which one of you can help me open the lock?" she asked the cables.

Throndir

One of the cables piped up.

"Hi miss! That would be me!" This voice sounded feminine to you. "I haven't been used in awhile though!"

Asta

"Ah, hello there. I'd love to make use of you, but it seems you've been cut off from the control panel... Is there any way I can get you to tell the lock to open?"

Throndir

"Yes! When I light up, it's the signal to open the lock!"

Asta

"Do you need to light up in any particular pattern, or just light up in general?"

Throndir

"Any light in general! If it's locked it will unlock, and if it's unlocked, the clamp will shut tight." The cable explained.