[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 2.2: Rakian Patrols are Slackers!!

Started by Throndir, September 13, 2019, 10:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

36 miles from the Rakian Borders
Day 2 - Early evening

Continuing the journey, the sun had started to set, though, the group still had a few hours of daylight left. Everyone knew it would be time to camp soon. According to the map, the next village was Spirnocum, the first one out of Meilstora. But that was still a good 24 miles away. The horses too began to tire and slow.

[info]Perception requested![/info]

[spoiler=OODM]After perception and potential knowledge rolls, going to slow this thread until the first encounter finishes completely, or until it's obvious on the outcome.[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

[info]perception check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

[info]Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21[/blockquote][/info]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Perception:  1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Day 2 - Early evening

[spoiler=Perception][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 19 + 2, total 21[/blockquote][/spoiler]

pringerbeam

[info] Requested Perception Check[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 11 + 3, total 14[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

For Sotu, Eydis, and Mimsy, they all spot what looked to be a lone dog-faced creature hiding in some bushes, starting towards the wagon 150. ft. away.

[spoiler=Perceptions]Taiga (Perception: 16): At 100 ft. away, you see 1 dog-faced creature.
Sotu (Perception: 21): At 150 ft. away, you see 1 dog-faced creature.
Eydis (Perception: 21): At 150 ft. away, you see 1 dog-faced creature.
Mimsy (Perception: 21): At 150 ft. away, you see 1 dog-faced creature.
Yuki (Perception: 14): At 80 ft. away, you see 1 dog-faced creature.[/spoiler]
[info]State any prep actions, or roll Knowledge (local).[/info]

Asta

"Mmmm... What's that?" Sotu asked, pointing at the dog-faced creature in the distance. She didn't wait for a reply before pulling her sword from its covering, better safe than sorry after all.

[info]Int check in lieu of Knowledge (local):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

Yuki, who had been sitting back on the driver's bench and watching clouds perked up.  "What's what?"  She asked looking around.  "I don't see anything."

Throndir

Day 2 - Early evening

"A umm... dog?"

[spoiler=Intelligence check][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Sotu's Intelligence: 10
You know these to be kobolds. Usually found in the dungeon, they are sometimes found up on the surface, though are much weaker than their dungeon counterparts being removed from the dungeon for many generations. Unlike the ones found in the dungeon however, surface kobolds often carry weapons.

Surface Kobold, CR 1/4

DEFENSE

AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+2 armor, +1 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 5 (1d10)
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will –1
Weaknesses light sensitivity

Environment: Dungeon, on surface temperate underground or deep forest
Organization: solitary, gang (2–4), nest (5–30 plus equal number of noncombatants, 1 sergeant of 3rd level per 20 adults, and 1 leader of 4th–6th level), or tribe (31–300 plus 35% noncombatants, 1 sergeant of 3rd level per 20 adults, 2 lieutenants of 4th level, 1 leader of 6th–8th level, and 5–16 dire rats)
Treasure: NPC gear (leather armor, spear, sling, other treasure)

Kobolds are creatures of the dark, found most commonly in enormous underground warrens or the dark corners of the forest where the sun is unable to reach. They form roving bands of small groups up on the surface, and equip themselves with any gear they could find. Covered with fur, they have long nails that serve as weapons. In the Dungeon, their drop items are generally their nails, though at times, their fangs could drop.

Mimsy's Intelligence: 2
It looks like a dog?[/info]

Mysticsage

"Sounds like we have even more fighting to do. We should see if we can get a contract with the guards to see if we can get some extra pay for doing their work." Taiga smirked.

Linwelin

"We already got away with a lower toll, I don't know if reaching out to the guard and giving them our details is the safest." Eydis responded to Taiga's idea. "Though I have to admit, for a territory of the god of war, it seems fairly unprotected. Or maybe they just like seeing if travelers can defend themselves." Edyis half-jokingly surmised.

[info][blockquote]INT Check:  1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Eydis' Intelligence: 13
Same information as Sotu above.[/info]

Mysticsage

Taiga slows the horses before he hands the reins off to Mimsy again before saying, "Do you think you can hit it like you tried to do with the goblins Sis? Yuki and I can try to sneak ahead to give you a headcount."

"Yuki looks like more monster bandits looking for easy pickings. They are some kind of dog-headed things. I would rather them not spoke the horses so the two of us should scout ahead again while big sis gets her spell ready."

[info]Tai will wait for the others to get ready before attempting to stealth to give Edyris a means to aim her shot

Stealth
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 20 + 9, total 29[/blockquote]
[/info]