[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 2.1: Rakian Patrols are Slackers!

Started by Throndir, September 12, 2019, 04:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

"Hm...  goblin hideout?  Sounds a lot like a Rakian problem.  Can't we just keep going onward to the city?"  Asked Yuki as she looked at a vial she lifted from the dead goblin, trying to determine its contents.

[info]Craft (alchemy) check to try and identify the potion. [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 11 + 3, total 14[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

"I'd personally like to get some good practice in before heading into the famed dungeon at the center of the world. Plus, it would help to have as much money as we can by the time we get there." Taiga said, "But, this should be a group decision and we should know our limits if things go bad for us."

Throndir

[info]Craft (alchemy): 14
You were not quite able to identify the potion. It had a slight berry flavor to it however, and was fairly viscous.[/info]

pringerbeam

"Or it could be a waste of time and resources.  Killing goblins is boring and hardly profitable.  I mean look."  Yuki kicked one of the corpses with the toe of her sandal and held up her split of the vals they had looted.  "If you wanted to stomp goblins then you could have stayed back in the village.  Not to mention we don't know what kinds of other things might be lurking by the roadside around here.  There might be worse to come and what will we do then if everyone is tired or wounded?"  She started to walk back to the wagon.  "Or we could vote.  I say we move on.  Let me know what you guys decide."  She said as she walked away to the wagon, jumping into the back of the wagon to lay back.

Mysticsage

Taiga frowns, but cannot argue with the logic. "If we think it is better to move on, I cannot argue with the wisdom in that. I didn't think about the fact that if the guards let the goblins this close to the gate who knows what they let roam around deeper in."

Taiga will help load the rest of the stuff into the cart, willing to move on.

Linwelin

Huffing a little, Eydis finally finishes running over to the group, seeing all the goblins dead. "Oh." Edyis said, following up immediately with an exhale. "So what was this I heard about a vote? Moving on, or what?"

QuoteAfter hearing what the vote is about.

"Oh, no. We have a job to do already! Delving into a goblin den isn't what the goddess asked us to do, we need to keep the supplies safe as a priority. There will be plenty of time to adventure when we get to our destination." She huffed authoritatively. "Also, as Yuki said, it could be more dangerous in there, and whatever profit we gain will pale in comparison to the cost of healing wounds."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Thread is considered closed. Leaving it open in case there's RP. No RP excelia earned though for this scene thus far.[/info]