[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 2.1: Rakian Patrols are Slackers!

Started by Throndir, September 12, 2019, 04:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

24 miles from the Rakian Borders
Day 2 - Afternoon

The group continued their journey with everyone sitting either in the wagon, or helping drive it along. The topic of conversation, was of course, Rakia. Most of the journey to Orario would take place in this particular country. It wasn't the most friendliest of places, but supposedly they prided themselves in keeping their roads safe. "All roads lead to Valua", it was one of their mottos.

[info]Perception requested![/info]

Mysticsage

[info]For the love of side quests and the fact that I am purposefully keeping an eye out.

Perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 3 + 8, total 11[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info] Perception check[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 20 + 3, total 23[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

[info]Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 14 + 6, total 20[/blockquote][/info]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Perception:  1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Day 2 - Afternoon

[spoiler=Perception] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+2 : 17 + 2, total 19[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Yuki's Perception: 23
You managed to catch sight of them first. There was 1 green creature who seemed to be fairly well-hidden in the bushes and rock outcropping up ahead. It had quickly dived into the bushes when it noticed your wagon. It was 180 ft. away. When the wagon moved closer, you saw another, then another. More than likely there could be a few more hiding behind the rock outcroppings and bushes.[/info]
[spoiler=OODM]Unless otherwise stated, I'll have encounters start at 120 ft. away, unless the group plans different tactics. I'll be using the same Perception/Stealth rolls to figure out starting distances, and awareness. As long as the enemies are not aware, you can always creep up closer until either the enemies act, or you act. Surprise rounds occur for unaware combatants as normal.

Yuki sees 1 creature when she's 180 ft. away. 2 creatures when she's 160 ft. away. 3 creatures when she's 140 ft. away.
Sotu sees 1 creature when she's 150 ft, away, 2 creatures when she's 130 ft.
Mimsy and Eydis sees 1 creature when they're 140 ft. away, 2 creatures when they're 120 ft. away.
Taiga doesn't see any creatures even at 120 ft. away.

[info]If you see them, roll Knowledge (local) to identify. If you don't have that, a simple Intelligence check will suffice. I use a clarified Monster Lore rules. So, specify in what order you want information, Offense, Defense, or Special abilities. I default to Defense first, Offense next, then lastly Special Abilities if none is specified.[/info][/spoiler]

pringerbeam

[info]INT check[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 13 - 1, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

On seeing their potential ambushes up ahead Yuki reflexively dives into the bushes as well, barely sticking her head out to put a finger to her lips for the others in the group and winking.  She unsheathes her katana and draws a kunai as she slowly creeps among the shrubs to get a better look at the green things.

[info]Yuki initiates stealth at 180 ft

Stealth Check to sneak up on the creatures and get a better look.[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

When Yuki jumps off the cart taiga does his best to slow the horses to a near stop. From her reaction he can tell trouble is nearby, but she must have seen something he did not. He does his best to scan the horizon coming up empty however he simply goes on the defensive and keeps the horses as calm and quite as possible while he lets Yuki go ahead.

Throndir

[info]Yuki's Intelligence Check on Monster Lore: 12 -> 10
You recognize these as goblins. These are surface goblins, weaker than their dungeon counterparts.

Goblins CR 1/3
DEFENSE

AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+2 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield, +1 size)
hp 6 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will –1[/info]

[info]Yuki to state how close you want to get in terms of distance. I'll roll their Perception for them once you give me that number. Combat may start if they realize you're approaching stealthily.[/info]

[info]Everyone else, if you're doing prep actions, state them. The number of rounds until combat starts, or until someone does an action to start it, will be the rounds of prep you get.[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Yuki Plans on trying to sneak up to 20 ft from the nearest goblin or until she's spotted[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Jumpind down and stealthing with the horses to about sixty feet away or until I can see or get seen.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 6 + 9, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 2 - Afternoon

With Yuki having dashed into the bushes, and Taiga following after. Mimsy began to scramble to the reins of the horses. Having both people on front suddenly disappear from view would have defintely cause some suspicion. Mimsy worked with beasts of burden before on the farm, and even though this would be her first time driving a wagon as her father was usually the one who brought goods to the market, she was excited to try.

[info]Mimsy takes her place at the front and grabs the reigns. She'll move the wagon at a relaxed crawl about 5 ft. per round.[/info]

Linwelin

Seeing Yuki begin to take a stealth posture and move out, Eydis immediately loads up her crossbow and begins writing in the air, causing glowing spell runes to start taking form in front of her. The runes start moving down toward her weapon little by little as their form solidifies.

[info]Eydis begins to enchant her next crossbow attack with a Rune of Skadi. 4 rounds of prep needed.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]