[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 1: Departure

Started by Throndir, September 08, 2019, 01:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

The sound of heavy breathing could be heard from behind the group. "Magic...! Artifact!" Eydis spoke breathily, her excitement evident. "It's survived over 100 years!? Need to study! To see! Can I maybe...? No, but could I do...? Hmm..." Her broken, half-said-half-thought conversation with herself was more than a little off-putting for any unfamiliar listeners as she walked forward with glowing, thought-filled eyes. It was as though she'd tuned out anything else around her. It was just Eydis, the dagger, and an unimportant void in her eyes.

She may have had to wipe off her mouth from drool unconsciously.

[info]Eydis will claim the dagger if no one stops her.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Asta

Sotu was largely uninterested in the items the pouch contained, but she understood that a potion that enhanced her already considerable strength would serve her well when it came time to smash anything that threatened her sister.

"Mimsy. I want the strength potion." she muttered, tugging on Mimsy's sleeve.

pringerbeam

"Well, if no one else wants it."  Said Yuki eagerly as she reached for the cat's grace potion and sticks it into yet another fold of her leather reinforced kimono by her sash.  She  took the larger health potion and raised it to the sun to watch the light filter through the ruby liquid.  "You sure you don't want this one Taiga?  Big boy has got to have a big thirst."

Mysticsage

Taiga bites back a dirty joke as he nods his eyes twinkling, "I wanted to give people the opportunity. Considering that I'm going to be taking most of the hits I would be more than willing to take it."

He reaches over the heads of the other to accept the potion his, clearly, slightly too small, shirt instantly became skintight with the movement, and everyone could see his bare chest for a moment due to the low cut. He sticks the portion into the pouch at his waist.

"I'm putting this one where it is easily reachable, if I go down and you need to bring me back up, all you got to do is reach in and grab it. Then its just the matter of pouring it down my throat."

Throndir

Thalia Village
Day 2 - Early morning

The map from the mayor. Next a bag full of goodies! The day was just getting better and better. Mimsy hadn't seen many potions in her life, but she knew that they definitely were a trademark for adventurers. The stories never really mention using potions, but many merchants going through town and adventurers too used them. They were a type of thing that wasn't used much on the Carrot's farm, and with these vials of liquid being offered to them, Mimsy couldn't help but continue feeling that spark of elation and excitement.

Her eyes grew wide as the goddess explained what the dagger was, but when the potions were being described, she had eyes on the ones that restored the mind. Casting spells tired one out, while these potions counteracted it, by replenishing the mind. There was more to it, but Mimsy wasn't any sort of alchemist so she didn't really know all the details.

"Mimsy. I want the strength potion." Sotu muttered as the young catgirl tugged on Mimsy's clothes.

"Excuse me Mr. Taiga... Umm... Can I have that strength potion?" Mimsy asked. Mimsy wasn't sure if she should ask for the mind potion, after all, someone else might need it! And she didn't want to take something one of her familia might have needed. "And... does anyone need a mind potion?"

What she really wanted to ask is if anyone minded if she took one for herself.

Throndir

[info]Items. Unclaimed in Bold. Update your own inventory sheets.

Yuki: Healing Potion Rank G (heals hp 1d4+2)
Taiga: Healing Potion Rank G (heals hp 1d4+2), Healing Potion Rank D (heals hp 1d10+5)
Mimsy: Magic Potion Rank G (restores mp 1d4+2)
Magic Potion Rank G (restores mp 1d4+2)
Sotu: Potion of Bull's Strength
Yuki: Potion of Cat's Grace (Utility)
Eydis: Thalia Dagger, rank I, item level 3, spell: ranged touch attack on 1 creature within 25 ft., 6d6 fire damage.[/info]

Throndir

Thalia Village
Day 2 - Early morning

"Or... umm... two?"

[info]Mimsy takes the other potion.[/info]

Throndir

Thalia Village
Day 2 - Early morning

When the group started to hop into the wagon, Thalia had a bitter smile.

"Well... Even if everyone want you to find us a nice place there or something. What's more important is you all are safe and have fun!" She brightened up. "Make sure you all take care of each other! When you get to Orario, look for my friend Amaterasu! She's a little quiet, dark haired... We got along back in Tenkai. I think... I don't think she liked all my teasing! Hehehe. Oh! And I know one of my sisters has a Dungeon exploring familia there too."

"Yuki! Protect everyone when you need to. You have my permission to do anything to keep everyone else safe! Eydis, as the oldest one in the group, make sure you guys don't get into any weird trouble either... Sotu, I know you'll keep your sister safe, but everyone here is your familia too, make sure to smack anything dangerous for me! Mimsy, make sure to represent the familia with your kindness! And Taiga, I'm relying on you to protect everyone too."

"I'll just be two weeks behind all of you. I'll promise we'll be there."

Linwelin

Eydis gave Thalia a warm smile as she said her farewells, which became a smirk at the mention of her task, "I'll do my best, Thalia. But you very well how mischievous your family is." She gave a knowing look to the other four members of the group before looking back to the goddess. "Well, they're not the most rambunctious group in the family. We'll keep the trouble to a minimum."

Eydis gives a slight bow, "Take care of yourself, as well, Thalia."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler=Excelia earned for RP]CR 1 earned, split between party, for RP for this scene[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

"Please be safe Goddess, We'll do our best to stay out of trouble. Please do your best to keep the rest of the Famila together while we are gone and don't cause trouble. We promise we'll have someplace cool for everyone by the time you get to the city!" Taiga said excitedly with a big wave.

"Remember, if you ever get worried about us that we have all your well wishes giving us strength and a goddess who never stops smiling. Nothing can stop us."

Throndir

[info]All items claimed. Hopefully everyone updated their sheets.

Yuki: Healing Potion Rank G (heals hp 1d4+2)
Taiga: Healing Potion Rank G (heals hp 1d4+2), Healing Potion Rank D (heals hp 1d10+5)
Sotu: Potion of Bull's Strength
Yuki: Potion of Cat's Grace (Utility)
Eydis: Thalia Dagger, rank I, item level 3, spell: ranged touch attack on 1 creature within 25 ft., 6d6 fire damage.[/info]