[Yuki Kanade] Prologue: Starting Downtime: Snake Oil

Started by pringerbeam, September 07, 2019, 02:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

"Kiiyaaaa!"  Squealed Yuki as the tincture splashed across her chest, her arms raised at her sides in a vain attempt to prevent the oily liquid from slathering her.  "Oh no..."  She said, looking down at the mess made of her exceedingly low cut kimono and bountiful cleavage.  She looked up at the traveling merchant with tears welling up in the corner of her eyes.  "I'm so sorry mister merchant.  I know you wanted that virility tonic but...  but..."  She sniffled and covered her face.  "But now I've gone and made such a mess.  And that was my last secret family formulation."  She looked up at the boaz merchant with the gaze of a kicked puppy.  "I'm so sorry.  Here, I have something else to make up for it."  She reached behind the stall's counter and pulled out an exquisite decanter.  "It's fresh snake oil from some of the forest's most dangerous serpents.  My grandmother uses it for her sore joints.  Poor grandmother...  Bedridden and weak...  It's the only way she can get up to visit grandpa's grave.  I'll give it to you at a discount... please, as my apology for messing up.  Only 5000 vals."  She said as she offered the decanter to the merchant, her arms outstretched in front of her and pressing her oiled breasts together.  "Oh uh... yes... no problem miss..."  Said the merchant as he tried his best to take the decanter without staring too much at the much younger girl's conspicuous chest.  He nervously set the cash down on the counter and turned to take his leave with a relieved sigh.

Yuki's expression of desperate exasperation change on a dime to a sly grin as she reached to gather up the vals.  A hand, appearing out of nowhere like a sweet oasis appearing in a heat haze, slapped her away.  Yuki looked up to see her grandmother appear out of thin air with that inscrutably stern look that had been there since long before Yuki had ever been born.  "Sloppy!  You think you can catch a mark like that in the big city?"  Said the old amazoness as she took a cut of the profits.  "You should have slipped a full nipple there and displayed a pitiful maiden dishonored by a stranger.  The boaz are often stern and have a sense of honor that is easily appealed to.  I can't believe you think you'll cut it in the city like this."  Yuki sighed at her elder's castigation.  "It worked didn't it?  Aren't you the one that said that only success matters?"  Her grandmother clicked her tongue at her defense.  "That was a lesson for a child.  A true kunoichi knows that the only true victory is a flawless one.  Now clean yourself up.  There's another caravan that just got here and is watering their pack animals."  Yuki sighed and rolled her eyes before slapping her cheeks and putting on her game face once again, her grandmother once again vanishing into thin air.

[info]Yuki will spend the 2 weeks earning money though Craft (Alchemy) checks

Rolled 1d20+3 : 15 + 3, total 18

Rolled 1d20+3 : 2 + 3, total 5

Rolled 1d20+3 : 18 + 3, total 21

Rolled 1d20+3 : 16 + 3, total 19

Rolled 1d20+3 : 5 + 3, total 8

Rolled 1d20+3 : 14 + 3, total 17

Rolled 1d20+3 : 18 + 3, total 21

Rolled 1d20+3 : 19 + 3, total 22

Rolled 1d20+3 : 8 + 3, total 11

Rolled 1d20+3 : 11 + 3, total 14

Rolled 1d20+3 : 9 + 3, total 12

Rolled 1d20+3 : 4 + 3, total 7

Rolled 1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10

Rolled 1d20+3 : 12 + 3, total 15[/info]

Throndir

[spoiler=OODM]CR 1/2 excelia earned.

Practice a Trade rules for Craft will be used to determine amount earned. Since you rolled 14 times, I'm assuming you take no days off, and work weekends as well. You can also just do a single roll for each 5 days of work if you wanted to roll less, but this works too.

Day 1: 1800
Day 2: 500
Day 3: 2100
Day 4: 1900
Day 5: 800
Day 6: 1700
Day 7: 2100
Day 8: 2200
Day 9: 1100
Day 10: 1400
Day 11: 1200
Day 12: 700