[Amelia] Chapter 16 - Taking a Chance on a penpal

Started by Mysticsage, September 02, 2019, 06:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

[info]Due to the time restraints Amelia did not get a chance to proofread what Mati wrote as she spoke over the mental link.[/info]

Dear Chance V. Royal,

Hi, if you are receiving this letter than I guess you know who it is from. I'm the hero of Bursteg to your south. You can call me Iris, it's not my real name, but it works for now. Man, this is a weird letter. I don't know anything about you, where you came from, what you've seen, how long you've been away from your home, or even if this place has the same sense of time as our home.

If you are from Earth, I'm a girl from America from the year 2019 A.D. If you aren't from earth. It's a place very different place from here that has no magic but has relied on technology instead.

Regardless of where you are from, you are another stranger in a strange land like me. I hope the two of us can become friends and help each other if we ever need it. If it is alright with you I would like the two of us to become pen pals. Share information and insights with one another as well as commiserate with one another.

How was it for you trying to acclimate to this new world and the role that was thrust in your lap?

I'm doing okay, honestly, I think I'm still a bit in shock about the whole thing. I still feel like there is a half chance that I might wake up back home as if this was a dream. I keep thinking about my family a lot, in particular, my little brother.

Have you had to fight a demon? I heard you are on the front line and they are difficult to envision for me.

How have you handled all the different people who need things from you? I'm doing my best to juggle everything at once and so far I'm doing okay but I worry about dropping something?

Is there anything you really miss from home? I was able to bring a few things with me. If I have anything you want I would be happy to send somethings if I have it.

Anything you know about this world or the demons would be more than enough for me. I hope this letter reaches you in good health.

From the hero of Bursteg,
Iris

Throndir

On the Isikawan Frontlines
Two Weeks Later

"Oh mister!~ One of the couriers from the capital came by with an urgent letter for you. Apparently he almost got killed coming here, but oh well! Not that I care~" The girl said, handing a dirtied envelope towards a tall man with blonde hair.

The tall man sighed, used to the antics of his companion.

"Do not forget that these people are our companions too! You should care!" He resolutely believed that of course, but by now he's begun to realize that his companion really didn't care one bit. It was a surprise that she stuck with him this long though. Either way, he eventually moved over to the makeshift bed that had been setup for the campaign. Before he even got to open it, the girl rushed to his side, clinging to his arm, and staring too at the letter in anticipation.

He gave her a look, but decided to eventually read this so called 'urgent letter'. Slowly and purposefully, he pulled the letter out, and together with his companion who was able to read it thanks to a special blessing he had received, began to read it out loud.

"General Kanamori Kane!" The man said pulling up to the short, almost loli-like general.

"Kane! Just Kane! A-anyways... e-eh why are you on your horse for?"

"I'm headed to Bursteig."

"E-EH!?"