[Amelia] Chapter 16: Shrine Plans

Started by Throndir, August 16, 2019, 03:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

[info]Also last chance with Clifton so I'm going to try and recruit him again now that I've leveled, or will have to say goodbye for now.[/info]

Throndir

Mendernich Castle - Amelia's Room
Day 16 - Morning

When you woke up that morning, you found something strange next to you in bed. It was something long and hard (although it wasn't Kurt or Nyx!). When you woke up, you realized it was a long wooden pole, with a white gem embedded at the tip of it. There was something strange as well, as regardless of how you moved around, the staff seemed to always physically touch you. Even when you raised your hand in bed, the staff simply remained attached.

Mysticsage

Day 16 - Morning

Amelia awoke with a start feeling the strange object and not being sure what it was. For a second she had a flashback to the godfather movie expecting to see some kind of animal head. Her heart jumped into her throat for a moment as she opened her eyes and was about to scream before she remembered where she was and covered her mouth to stop from screaming.

Not seeing an assassin or something dangerous in the room with her she took a moment and then thrust off the sheet with her free hand. Seeing the staff there and not some kind of horrible bloody mess she let out a sigh of relief. That was until she sat up and the staff came with her in her dominant hand. She squinted her eyes at the stick as if it was some kind of annoyance that the world had thrust upon her.

After a moment of aggressively waving her hand like a child, she let out a sigh of relief. Knowing that there was no way that there could be superglue in the world she figured that this must be some result of the pact. "I really hope I can move this somehow," she said grabbing the staff with her other hand to try and pull it.

"Oh, right,"
she says remembering the obvious, "Status,"

Throndir

Day 16 - Morning

When you tried to pull it off with your other hand, it easily came off. Though, you did find out it wouldn't seem to lose contact with your other hand at that point. Even when you let go, it just seemed to stick to your hand.

[okay]Amelia Reinhart
Staff Hero
Level 24

Condition: Uninjured, Refreshed

HP: 36/36
MP: 40/40
SP: 85/85
STR: 10
DEX: 12
CON: 12
INT: 21
WIS: 16
CHA: 20
MAG: 18

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate All, Personal Status, Pet Cat, Friend's List, Legendary Weapon[/okay]

Mysticsage

Day 16 - Morning

"There you are,"
she said relaxing once she saw the addition to her menu. "Nyx, must have leveled again last night." She then took a moment to admire the large object, she had to admit that the weapon was beautiful, and at least it was common enough that she wouldn't have to worry about too many odd questions.

She will take the time to examine all of her blessings, just to make sure nothing has changed, and what she can learn about the new power.

Day 16 - Morning

Getting dressed that morning was more than a strange experience as she wondered if trying to put clothes on with this giant stick was anything like what men went through. She doubted that this was what it was like to be a man, but she did her best to do a dance with this stick in order to get access to what she needed to get changed. Having the staff change from hand to hand before attempting to place the staff on her back so that she can pull up her guard pants.

She always tried to wake up before Mati arrived from her moring training but this time she didn't even manage to get half dressed before the princess arrived. "Sorry, I'm a bit behind this morning Mati," she said hurriedly trying to tie her hair back. "Good morning,"
she said with a smile. "How was training? I've seemed to have an additional development during the night." she pointed to the staff on her back sticking out of her shirt.

"Can you help get me undressed again? I'm kinda stuck," she said sheepishly. Amelia had somehow managed to get the stick stuck so that she felt like the scarecrow from the wizard of oz.

"I think i'm going to take a bath this morning since getting dressed seems rather hard. I may need your help there too." She blushed.

[info]Amelia once unstuck will head to the bath with Mati not really caring at this point who else may be using it.[/info]

Mendernich Castle - Conrad's Room
Day 16 - Morning

After eating breakfast she headed straight for Conrad's office. He was the only one who understood magic and she had things to do today so she needed a handle on this staff. She was glad that she already had set up an appointment with him for this morning because it meant that she could hopefully pick his brain about this whole affair.

She knocked on the door to his office, "Conrad, are you in?" she said opening the door.

"It seems we have alot to talk about this morning."

[info]Amelia will let conrad examine the staff in any way he wants as long as he doesn't break it including any possible news about the completed quests.[/info]

Throndir

Day 16 - Morning

[info]Legendary Weapon
You have a legendary weapon.

Staff Hero
You have the legendary weapon blessing.[/info]

Day 16 - Morning

When you had woken that morning, Kurt had left already to change and prepare himself, switching off with the princess when she eventually knocked on the door.

"Big sister!" Matilda announced, peeking in, and he eyes immediately widening in curiosity at the staff that was sticking out from your back. She giggled but made her way towards you. It didn't take her long to realize that the staff always had to be in contact, but eventually the two of you managed to get it in its correct place: your hand. "That's... strange." Matilda commented, staring at the staff intently.

Mendernich Castle - Bath
Day 16 - Morning

Entering the bath you saw Kurt's clothing neatly piled up. There was evidence that someone was actually using the bath. Matilda shot you a playful look. "You knooooow, when we were young, mom used to have my brother and I take the same bath... We're family you know!"

Day 16 - Morning

"Come in, come in." Conrad's voice came from the other side as you entered. Like usual, he was heads down into reading his book. This time however, he paused and looked up. "That staff is new." He commented.

Mysticsage

Day 16 - Morning

"I woke up with it attached to me this morning," Amelia chuckled. "The life as a summoned person from another world sure is interesting."

Allowing Mati a better view of the weapon for a moment she continued, "have you seen anything like this before?"

Mendernich Castle - Bath
Day 16 - Morning

Amelia did not fully pay attention to Matilda as she was too preoccupied dealing with the staff to either notice Kurt's clothes or realize what she would be walking into. "This damn stick is going to be a real pain in my butt."

As always the steam when you first entered the bath was as thick as a fog bank and as she took her first step into the room wearing only her towel she could see almost nothing in front of her. It was only when she was well into the room that Mati's words made their way through her own wall of self-focus.

Her first mistake was not paying attention to her surrounds, her second mistake was when she turned around to talk to Matilda, "Wait, what do you mean bathed together?" While her head was turned she didn't notice someone getting close to her until it was too late. When she turned back to face the bath it was already too late to stop the dominos from falling, or in this case the teenage bodies.

When she turned back she was already in mid-step and the added awkward weight in her left hand from the staff meant that all she could do was brace herself in full motion. First Kurt and amelia locked lips and a fair bit of spit as Amelia was in the middle of attempted to talk when the two made contact. This caused her to immediately turn the same red color as her hair and flail slightly. Her bad distribution of weight and slight flailing meant the extra-long stick that was stuck to her hand hit a water puddle.

As a result, a situation that she could have recovered from became a jumble of limbs, as she pitched forward, an arm instinctively wrapped around Kurt, as the pair of them slid into the bath for the second time in as many weeks. Only this time the meet-cute was made worse by the fact a giant staff had come with Amelia and was now making it extremely difficult for the two to separate. Amelia in the swirl of water did her best to stabilize not sure if she was grabbing Kurt the pole or both at any given point.

"I'm so sorry!"
Amelia gasped mortified that this had happened again only now much worse as the two had to hold onto each other to stay afloat.

[info]let me know if this goes to far

and consider this my petition for a meet cute title and a rule of threes title for the future lol[/info]

Day 16 - Morning

"I woke up with it attached to me," Amelia said as she sat in front of his desk. "And I wanted your opinion on the matter nad if you could tell me anything more about it. If you have a moment, I hope you slept well last night."

Throndir

Day 16 - Morning

"I haven't... Well... Is it... magical in some way? Like one of the ancient artifacts? Hundreds of years ago apparently things like those existed, but magic things these days are a rarity."

Mendernich Castle - Bath
Day 16 - Morning

[okay]You have gained a new title [Meet Cuter]
You have gained +1 SP.

You have gained a new title [Loved]
You have gained +1 SP.
[/okay]

Down the two of you went into the large pool. Your hands grasped, reaching out for anything in the flailing. Your hand was definitely around something that was both soft and hard at the same time. While the locked lips only made Kurt flail more as well.

Day 16 - Morning

"It doesn't take a lot to notice that what you're holding is definitely... powerful." He said as his eyes lighted up looking at the staff. "Can you lay it down? Unlike a hero who have natural gifts with perceiving mana, mine was honed through many years of work... I'd like to see it closer."

Mysticsage

Day 16 - Morning

"I assume it's magical since it is sticking to me like glue, however it appeared to me it must really like me,"
she said trying to make light of the whole situation. "It will make it hard to learn about this thing, however if no one really has any reference point."

Mendernich Castle - Bath
Day 16 - Morning

In the moment of flailing limbs, that was for some strange reason very familiar to Amelia, she didn't have the processing power or the frame of mind to know and or care what she was hanging onto. This lapse in clarity was both a blessing and a curse as she had no real time to be embarrassed, however, this also meant she lost what little control she had of her growing magical energies. Simply thinking about her own weakness and the swirling waters was enough to cause her spiritual and magical energies to mix like her own churning stomach and serge out of her to the only stable thing she was holding onto.

As the energy surged like a rocket from her chest to her arm, and then into Kurt like lightning surging through a lightning rod to ground. As a result, Kurt had quite an energizing experience has the flow of magic took the most direct path possible of least resistance through his body before dissipating the excess through the water. In the moment the two of them were connected like a one way circuit as her energy carried with it her most basic desires in that moment. Her anxiety at being nude, her desire for strength to stop spinning, her strange relief that this was happening with Kurt all of it fed into the nature of her energy as it roared inside and through him like a dragon.

It was only for a few seconds, but if either of them noticed they would have realized that she was unable to remover her hand from his body until a good portion of her reserve was gone and they had managed to right the ship again as it were. Hand now free and gasping for air cas she sputtered an apology, she kept her arms now locked around Kurt's torso using him as leverage for her own ability to float, as she had to wrestle with the staff stuck to her skin like an unruly pool noodle. Steam thankfully obscured almost everything both inside and out of the bath. The mixture of salts and herbs providing a curtain of modesty for the depths below them.

Finally giving up the fight with the stick she pressed it against the length of Kurt's back, she could feel the goose pimples raise on his skin at the shift from hot water to cool and warming metal as she pressed what she could of her fingertips into the staff and his back to find stable ground. feet barely under her she couldn't look him in the eyes.

"Sorry, again," she gasped trying and failing to manage her screaming heart. With this proximity there was no way that he could not feel her heart thudding outof her skin and against his rib cage. "I can't move right now, if I do I think I'm gonna faint," and sure enough the mixture if the heat and the sudden and massive expenditure of energy hit her almost as hard as the truck that brought her in this world in the first place. Shivers ran up her spine in waves as her own skin prickled as the waves of energy she was letting off finally began to actually equalize.

After a good minute her heartbeat had slowed enough that she felt comfortable moving back to the edge of the bath.

[info]spending 10 sp and 10 mp on what went on in this scene i figure it is meant to be a kind of energy boost version of guided healing let me know if i need to roll anything more or spend anything extra like a hero point.

[/info]

Day 16 - Morning

"Please take whatever time you need, but as for sitting it down-" she blushed slightly. "this thing seems magically stuck to my skin. If you are going to study it you are going to need to get close. Which i totally understand and consent too." Amelia said suddenly feeling like she was in a doctor's office getting an exam.

Throndir

[info]Roll 2 Training checks. This is the Transfer Mana and Transfer Spirit technique.[/info]

Day 16 - Morning

Without another word, Conrad simply moved himself over to you, then quickly pulled up a chair beside you. More curious than anything, he simply began closely examining both the staff, and the touching point of where your skin seemed to magically hold the staff. He moved the staff around as well, positioning it as he closely examined you.

"It's magical to say the least. It's not something I recognize... But how the mana is interlaced together, it has a similar structure as the mana you have. Not just physically, but the staff is connected to you." He paused for a moment. "The Esser family keeps a staff they pass down generation to generation." Conrad said as he stood up, then moved towards the far end of his office. From what looked to be an upright locked cabinet, he opened it, and revealed a staff inside. He quickly pulled it out, then strode over to you.

"This is the Esser staff... Have you been practicing your ability to sense mana? Try examining my staff, and compare it with yours." Conrad suggested.

Mysticsage

[info]Transfer Mana
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 11 + 8, total 19[/blockquote]

Transfer Spirit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 10 + 8, total 18[/blockquote][/info]

Day 16 - Morning

Amelia felt strange for a moment being studied so intently. She felt like she should try to strike a pose though she doubted someone like Conrad would like that kind of interruption. Instead, she did her best to give him access to the staff. The interesting part of being studied so closely was that she had an excuse to study him equally as close. She looked at the contours of his face, how his eyes moved when he was thinking intently,. She never really had a chance to appreciate how good looking he was before this point.

When he stood suddenly to get the staff she had to stifle her surprise and hold the chair to make it look like she didn't jump. When he produced the staff she held her breath. Antiques like this was like her bread and butter back home. To see something this old immediately hit that nostalgic portion of her brain that brought her back to being a child.

As he brought it closer she studied the object with a critical but warm eye. How many generations of his family has touched this staff. How many powerful individuals were backing Corad now reaching through the past to the present with this single object.

"Is it okay if I touch it to help me get a sense of this staff? it's beautiful,"
she breathed eyes sparkling as if seeing a great treasure.

[info]
Appraise on Esser Staff
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 1 + 10, total 11[/blockquote]

Amelia will activate Sense Mana
straight Mag to try and understand what is going on

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]

[/info]

Throndir

Mendernich Castle - Bath
Day 16 - Morning

Both your spirit and mana surged into Kurt. Just the act of transferring mana itself would have been electrifying for the prince, but the mixture of spirit as well, only increased this sensation and the effect. Kurt's completely red face contained a variety of different expressions as he endured your potency. There was a look of shock, and embarrassment, but it was quickly being replaced with a look of extreme satisfaction as his eyes clouded.

You found your cumbersome staff seemingly entwined between you and Kurt, further pressing the man's toned body up against your own. He was absolutely close and indeed you could hear his heartbeat, as much as you were sure he was able to hear yours.

"A-A-Amelia...!" Kurt stuttered a few moments after he managed to gain some semblance of control of himself. He tried to move away, but with the staff positioned just so, it would take a lot more trying in order to unravel the two of you together.

Day 16 - Morning

[info]Appraise: 11
You do not quite know the worth of the item. It looks antique and ancient indeed. This would be quite expensive, even back in your own world.

Spellcraft :9
You feel the emanations of mana, but were not able to figure out any specific functions of the staff.[/info]

The moment you focused on the staff, a pop up appeared floating on top of it. It was in the same translucent green window that you were familiar with, so more than likely, only you were able to see it.

[okay]Esser Family Staff
[Identification]
[Copy Staff]
[Absorb Staff][/okay]

Mysticsage

Mendernich Castle - Bath
Day 16 - Morning

While  they sat there Amelia sat there listening to his heartbeat as
As Kurt came back to his senses a bit and began to struggle the movement just forced the two of them closer together. Amelia let out a slight squeak as she could feel the contours of his muscles against her body. As he tried to get them separated which only seemed them to get stuck even closer together.

When he said her name her first instinct was to try and apologize, but even that went sideways. As he moved in such a way to try and escape and she opened her mouth to babble an apology the two of them were thrust forward into an awkward and long french kiss. When they finally managed to separate Amelia was the same color as her hair.

She went to swim a bit away from him but she somehow couldn't make herself totally look away from the boy, the long staff dragging along the bottom of the bath.

"I'm so sorry Kurt," she stammered

Mendernich Castle - Conrad's Room[/b]
Day 16 - Morning

When the pop up appeared she blinked once to make sure it was real before studying it curiously. From the description, everything seemed very straight forward, but that was the problem. The more simple an action seemed the more likely it was that there would be a pit trap involved. Particularly with that last option. She didn't know exactly how her and what she assumed to be the staff was connected and the idea of absorbing something possibly into her body seemed like an iffy proposition as flashes from the baths this morning flashed through her mind.

So for now, it would probably better to play it safe and stick with the first two. With that, Amelia will activate the identification button first followed by the Copy button.

Throndir

Day 16 - Morning

The moment you hit Identification, a new pop up appeared.

[okay]Esser Family Staff
Aura strong evocation; CL 13th; Slot none; Price 82,000 gp; Weight 5 lbs.

The following spells are contained in the staff:

Fireball (1 charge)
Magic missile (1 charge)
Shatter (1 charge)
Ice storm (2 charges)
Wall of force (2 charges)
Chain lightning (3 charges)[/okay]

When you hit 'Copy', all of a sudden, before your very eyes, your staff transformed into an exact replica of the Esser Family Staff. At the same time, you felt a drain of mana.

Conrad blinked his eyes.

Mysticsage

Day 16 - Morning

"Well this is surprising,"
Amelia said feeling the wave of wooziness hit her, "That took a chunk out of my energy reserves."

After comparing the two staves for a moment  she let out a whistle, "From the looks of things, these two staves are identical. You are more familiar with it, Conrad do these look the same, mana wise?"

After Conrad finishes examining the staff she will stand, "I wonder if the staff will activate with similar objects?"Amelia then walks over to the telescope which she assumes is kinda like a staff and will try and touch it.

Mendernich Castle - N/A
Day 16 - Morning

After the meeting with Conrad, with a little pep in her step, she will go in search of Mati. Once found Amelia comes up excitedly, "Mati! Mati! The staff is magic!" she said excitedly poitnting to the stick on her back. I need your help experimenting. Do you think you and whoever you can round up can go shopping for me? I would do it myself, but I have a bunch of meetings all day. Then you and I can have some fun before going to bed."

She pauses getting out several slips of paper, "I wrote up a few lists of the basic items that i think may work with it. Nothing expensive of course but feel free to take liberties." she ssaid handing her the papers before realizing what she was doing.

her face drops, "And yet again I am reminded that I can't write in your language only speak it so I just wasted your time and mine. If only I could share translations, does that even count as a power?"

[info]attempting to activate the translation power and linked to staff experimentation side story
http://forums.fantasyworldcreations.com/index.php?topic=2096.msg22171#new

will also max out any spending at 200 gold total[/info]