[Amelia] Chapter 16: Shrine Plans

Started by Throndir, August 16, 2019, 03:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"Is the letter prepared right now? My own guards are still preparing for the journey back to Isikawa, but I can wait until I have the letter. As for the blessing... as much as I would like to, there are traditional bells and drums that are used in it, and unfortunately I don't have either... But Amelia-san, if you are ever in Isikawa with the hero, our shrine would grant our blessing."

Mysticsage

"I totally understand, I will make sure to make it one of the first stops if we ever get the chance to make it to the capital. As for the letter, we will have it for you within the hour. Thank you for your time with all of these matters."

[info]Once we leave I will contact Mati using my power and transcribe a letter with the royal seal to Chance. Then it will be immediately delivered back to the shrine maiden to take home.[/info]

Throndir

Soon enough you said your goodbyes to the head shrine maiden of Isikawa, as you contacted Mati to transcribe the letter. Soon enough she had it all written down.

QuoteGo ahead and note what'll be in the letter. If there's anything that might be future plans, mark that in your calendar too with a reference to your post. (Like chapter and post number).

Also state any more plans for rest of day.

Mysticsage

[info]Letter written in:
http://forums.fantasyworldcreations.com/index.php?topic=2039.msg21481;topicseen#msg21481

dates established in case he chooses to respond.
[/info]

[info]Will take time to train about 4v hours on use mana with Conrad

Will also talk with Thyra about adding Akari to spiritual training as an additional trainee.
[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Training check 4 hours (after which pick up in Conrad's office at 6 pm after training I'll let you describe what the training entails)
1 check at +5 not added
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 8 + 5, total 13[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

Date: Day 15 - 6 PM

Amelia was sweating profusely after four hours of trying to manifest any kind of mana reserve that she had. Perhaps it was due to the meeting earlier in the day, but she felt off her game and it showed. Despite all the time spent she felt like she had just beat her head against a wall. Her head swam slightly, as the beginning of exhaustion from the entire day began to settle into her bones.

She flopped, limbs like noodles, into one of the chairs Conrad had by his desk. "Gods I need to make progress faster," She chided herself, "Felencorp will eat me alive when I am forced to go with them if I don't have at least a hand on the basics."

"Not that they won't already eat me alive when they found out how I've lied to them,"
Amelia sighed clutching her head as she began to pour and then gulp a glass of water.

"What do you think the status of my training is, Conrad?"

Throndir

Mendernich Castle - Conrad's office
Day 15 - 2 PM - 6 PM

QuoteTraining
Use Mana: 0/8

Day 15 - 6 PM

[okay]Amelia Reinhart
Crossdresser
Level 18

Condition: Uninjured, Refreshed

HP: 30/30
MP: 25/25
SP: 65/65
STR: 10
DEX: 12
CON: 12
INT: 16
WIS: 14
CHA: 20
MAG: 14

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate Languages, Personal Status, Pet Cat, Friend's List[/okay]

"The situation with Felencorp aside... I think you need to spend most of your time training." Conrad said simply. "Magic... sword... or whatever else. Hone a skill to master."

Mysticsage

"Speaking of training have you gone running yet today? Don't forget you made a promise, Conrad," Amelia asked slightly surprised at the menu that appeared in front of her eyes. "Mastery is all fine and dandy, but maintaining the fundamentals of several schools can be even more important. Your physical stamina is worse than mine, and that's saying something."

"There is an old idiom from my world that I like to keep in mind. A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one."

Sitting back in the chair and letting what Conrad said to sink into her head she took the time to study every aspect of the menu, concentrating on everything listed to see if anything had changed. These menus seemed to be only for summoned figures after all if she could figure out any secrets she may have the upper hand.

Throndir

"Heh. I think you're transcended from a being 'Provisional Majesty'... mother." Conrad said, his voice rather dry and monotone. He himself wasn't smiling, though his eyes lighted up in a mischievous flare.

Going through the status screen, there were updates to the titles along with the blessings. Only blessings that you had already discovered were detailed out though.

Mysticsage

Amelia smiled at his glance as she looked past the menu towards his face, "Be careful what you wish for you may just get it. After all, I'll have the power soon to put you in time out. You've never seen a teenage girl go mad with power before. If eighties movies are anything to go by it will involve a lot of pink and a musical montage. By the end of it will have you needing to buy all new shirts."

"Anyway, let us try this one more time before bed and I want to make a little bit of progress so I don't feel completely useless. And I'm going too have the maids check that you exercise properly tomorrow since I'll be busy dealing with a number of things."

[info]2 hour training for use Mana
hoping for that nat 20
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mendernich Castle - Amelia's room
Day 15 - 8 PM

When she made it back to her room she was totally exhausted from the full length of the day. All she wanted to do was cuddle with Nyx and check with how his day went to join the guild and get ready to go adventuring. She ran a sweat-soaked hand across her even more clammy forehead as she laid across the bed.

"Nyx are you here or are you still out?"
she asked the room. She then thought about Kurt and that he might show up tonight given what happened last night for some added protection.

"I should probably call him just to be safe,"
She sighed

Throndir

Day 15 - 6 PM to 8 PM

You did not make any progress with using mana.

Mendernich Castle - Amelia's Room
Day 15 - 8 PM

There was no response from Nyx in the room. Trying out the call to Nyx, you managed to make a connection.

"Hmm... One moment..." There was a bit of silence, but a few seconds later, Nyx's voice came in again. "I think the rest would have found it even more strange if I started talking to myself... Anyways, as requested I formed a little adventuring group. One of them decided that it would be a good idea to camp out, so that's what we ended up doing." There was a long sigh.

"Sometimes I forget that people of this world don't know what household cats are. They've begun calling me a 'little black lion'. Affectionately... I think." He paused again. "Because I'm in this group, they want to rebrand themselves as 'The Shadow Cats'." You could tell from Nyx's internal voice there was a lot of derision from it, but he seemed to go along with it for the time being.

Shortly after, there was a knock on the door, with Kurt's voice from the other side.

"With what's been happening... I think it's safer if I stay h-here tonight." Kurt stammered bashfully on the other side of the door.

Mysticsage

"Well, I think you are a very handsome lion. If you need a name why not suggest something you like, The Umbral Hunters? At least a name like that is a bit more regal, and fitting of your nature. Just don't let your party members walk all over you because of what you look like. If any of them make fun of you I'll have to punch them in the face." Amelia smiled Nyx feeling in her pauses the fact that he was already missed.

"Please be safe Nyxolis, you and I are in this together I can't make it through my days without you at my side. Make sure you get some sleep, eat well, and bring me gifts when you get back,"
she chuckled feeling like she was a little girl talking to someone on a trip.

"I love you Nyx."

When she heard the knock at the door she stood up from the bed and walked to the door with a chuckle. "I was thinking the same thing, Kurt I'm glad you came," she said with a smile ushering him inside and wiping off a small tear.

Throndir

[info]Kurt will settle in either on a couch or where-ever else.

State any other prep for the rest of the evening, and tomorrow.[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]prep wise I think i'm Good to go. I have to hope Nyx gets me the exp I need but otherwise I have a full day on my calendar [/info]

Throndir

Mendernich Castle - Amelia's Room
Day 15 - Morning

[info]Agenda for today:

Expected Report from Gladenstadt
Meet with Ebner about sports, and try chess again. Update on the projects.[/info]