[Amelia] Chapter 16: Shrine Plans

Started by Throndir, August 16, 2019, 03:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteThe only meeting I see in the calendar is for the Priestess of the Shrine of Light. Feel free to let me know if you have other plans though.

Date: Day 15 - 11:30 AM

You make your way to where the priestess of the Shrine of Light is staying at. Eventually she had let you in, and the two of you were sitting in some chairs facing each other.

"I bid you greetings, Amelia-san."

Mysticsage

Date: Day 15 - 11:30 AM

Amelia sits having brought Akari for additional mediation following the proper form from the meeting of the churches a few days earlier. "Hello, again Head Priestess, thank you for meeting with me and everything you did during the meeting the other day," Amelia smiled warmly.

The head priestess really was a beautiful woman with an air of grace that made someone playing at their role like amelia hold her breath. "I apologize we have not established a personal meeting sooner. I hope you have enjoyed your time in our city since coming here?"

"Please let me or the castle know if you need anything considering all you have agreed too."

Throndir

The priestess named Kumiko Shiro smiled back.

"It is absolutely fine. I did not expect to meet with the hero's handmaiden. Though, do send the hero my regards. I plan to head back home after this..."

It was then that there was a knock at the door. "Come in." The Isikawan priestess said. When the door opened, a familiar face appeared. It was Ebner.

"My ladies... Amelia... and Shiro-san, sorry for the late arrival. I was caught up working on some things for the... hero." He said, glancing towards you, then back to the priestess. In his hands was a folder holding a stack of papers.

"That's right... You would like to ask our Shrine of Light to place down a shrine dedicated to the goddess of water here in the city?" The priestess asked to confirm.

Mysticsage

"Yes, very much so. We hope that this move would show Bursteig's commitment to the larger social scene and a desire for international cooperation. To show that two nations can come together and share their views and grow from them." Amelia smiled.

"We hope that such cooperation is acceptable for you as well Shiro-san. I know the hero would be happy to welcome your order to the city."

"We apologize that you have had not had more time to prepare or consider any possible problems with the prospect,"
she said bowing her head.

Looking to Ebner, "we have created a detailed proposal of what we were looking for so that you could gain a clear sense of what our viewpoint is. Please take your time reading it over."

Throndir

"I am indeed glad of the offer. We worship the same goddess afterall, though, it surprises me that this kingdom doesn't have the goddess of water as part of their pantheon."

"Water... Is usually thought to be the domain of the earth goddess... one that rules over nature, including the plants, animal life... Things of that sort." Ebner explained as he handed the stack of papers to the priestess. The priestess took it, concerned at first, but eventually smiled once she started going through it.

"It's written in Isikawan... How thoughtful... Yes... Very well, we'll help you create a shrine dedicated to the goddess of water here. It seems as if your country will be shouldering most of the payments for this, though I see that you would prefer architects as well as guidance from the shrine of light to design it... In that case... then..." She paused as if thinking for a moment, then she turned towards you and Ebner. "I noticed Kaneda-san, and had talked to her a couple days ago, she's been doing well here, and is happy too. She's... gifted... due to the power her eyes hold, and she's also dedicated to the goddesses. If not for her trip to this country for her brother's sake, I would have had her head one of the temples back at home. I would like to add to this contract." She said as she took one of the pieces of parchments and pushed it towards you and Ebner. You realized this was the main contract that would have been signed by both parties to proceed with the plans.

"I would request Akari Kaneda to be the head priestess of this shrine dedicated to the goddess of water. Still subject under Bürsteig laws and your own High Priest of course, but it would help foster relations between our two countries."

Mysticsage

"We would be more than willing to accept that deal I am sure she would be overjoyed to hear that you said that about her," Amelia smiled as she looked to Ebner for confirmation.

"I'm sorry, what do you mean she has special eyes? Is that something that is common amongst your priests?"
Amelia asked curiously.

"Is there anything we should know to make sure the building can go smoothly?"

Throndir

"It is not common, no... She can see a glow whenever she looks at heroes, or old artifacts at our shrine or places of peace... It is not mana she is seeing, but something else entirely. She sees them from Valkyrie too, though, not nearly in the same amount as heroes. As for anything else... It looks like Liudger-san covered everything in these documents. I, being the High Priestess of my own country, need only ensure our daimyo agrees, but I don't suspect any problems with such. After that, I'll send forth some of our architects and engineers... It is a week's journey from here to the capital of Isikawa. So... expect our architects to arrive in two weeks time."

Mysticsage

She nods while she looks over the papers glad to hear that things are already on the move and speaks without thinking, "She sees spiritual power?" She paused before realizing what she said, "Or at least that is what my lady calls it. She has a similar ability."

Throndir

"Spiritual power? In truth, her ability was never thoroughly examined... It's not as if we have ways to do so. I'm unsure if it would be this spiritual power that you speak of, but it might be."

Mysticsage

"I will have to bring this to the hero's attention." Amelia nodded.

"Is there anything else you need or that I can bring to the Hero? I hope you have enjoyed your time in the city."

Throndir

"No... but I thank you for visiting me Amelia-san, Liudger-san. I would have liked to meet the mysterious hero of Mendernich, but instead I wish her good fortune and health. Unfortunately I may end up missing her coronation, but I will ensure to give the hero here a gift befitting from the Shrine of Light."

Mysticsage

"I sure any gift you give she will be overjoyed with," Amelia smiled with a bow.

Mysticsage

"Oh!" Amelia blushed remembering something that she had forgotten from her first meeting with Akari.

"I almost forgot, Akari said she had seen another hero in her homeland once. Would it be possible for you to deliver a letter to him for the sake of my lady? She would very much like to hear from them to learn about the others who have been summoned here,"
She then went on to redescribe the man that Akari described to her.

"Do you happen to know that man's name or what he is called. My lady understands if he would prefer to keep his true identity private. I apologize this topic almost completely left my mind."

Throndir

"The Isikawan hero? His name is Chance V. Royal, he's been helping with our front lines for a few years now."

Mysticsage

"If you would be willing, my lady would like to write a letter to this hero. Could we ask you to please bring it with you back to your homeland?" Amelia asked she would need to have Mati to help her copy a letter.

"Also before you go my lady asked for a personal request. She understands if you refuse, but she asked if you might please lead me in a blessing of protection and prosperity? My lady said that we cannot afford to overlook any advantage."