[Amelia] Chapter 15: An Audience with the Duke

Started by Throndir, July 24, 2019, 03:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

It was in the middle of the night, that the window to your opened, and hopping in was Nyx. The cat paused for a second, seeing Kurt asleep on the bed as well, but finding you, moved on over to you, pawing at your face, in an attempt to wake you up.

Mysticsage

Amelia wakes up slowly from a short-lived dream, not fully remembering what was going on, and then fear swept over her for a moment as it took her time for her vision to focus. What she thought for a split second was a possible kidnapper turned out to be a cat paw booping her face.

She instinctively let out a small sigh of relief and went to hug him close to her chest in relief that it was him and not some masked assailant.

"I'm so glad you are safe Nyx,"
she whispered before remembering they were not alone and that she should use her powers.

She quickly made a friend's list connection with the feline boy before continuing. "Everything okay out there? You aren't hurt, are you? No, secret kidnappers coming to get us?" As she talked she ran her hands through his fur in the dark checking for wounds.

[info]Heal check to identify any wounds in the dark
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+3 : 6 + 3, total 9[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Stealth to see how quiet the whispering is
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 10 + 3, total 13[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

When you checked for wounds, you noticed various wounds on Nyx. He was badly wounded, and not only that, his slow movements told you that he was sleepy.

Not for you, believe it or not. Nyx replied back. I wish there was a way for us to talk like this without having you do it, though, it would have been useful a couple times earlier... But I was making my rounds, and there was a fire at the camp of Felencorp knights. I investigated of course, only to find an assailant attacking duke Hallam. I... didn't quite make it in time... The attacker killed him, or would have anyways, if I wasn't there. I fought with the attacker, and he was skilled. After realizing I wasn't any normal cat, he fled. I managed to take a large chunk of mana from him, enough that I thought it would have left him drained... But apparently it wasn't enough. With the remaining mana, I healed Hallam, and myself as much as I could and fled back here.

Nyx stretched, as he winced from the pain.

I'm glad you sent me to watch over them, at the very least, the Duke is still alive... Despite his wounds, Nyx laughed through the connection. Though, with how he was, maybe you wanted him dead too.

Mysticsage

"I'd much rather everyone made it out alive than my life be a little easier," she said tears welling in her eyes as she felt the blood sticking to her hands.

"Thank you for all your efforts, let's see if we can't get you properly bandaged and get you to bed,"
she said sitting up with a warm smile to light the oil lamp again. She gingerly carried him over to the windowsill not caring if Kurt woke up in the process at this point. She gingerly pet him doing her best to avoid the open wounds not caring about any extra blood she got on her hands and clothes.

You've been a real hero tonight,"
She smiled warmly as she went to the nearby water basin to clean her hands and any leftover bandages from the times she herself got injured. "Do the Felencorp men need help with the fire or did it look like they had things under control? I would hate for them to blame us for the attack. Though, at this point, that may be inevitable. Was the attacker anyone you recognized? Did they have anything distinctive that you had a chance to see?" She asked these questions more like an attempt to distract nyx as she went about doing her best for however long it takes to bandage his wounds well. Full well knowing that as long as he made it through the night he could probably heal himself.

"We'll have to work on a way so you can call me as well."
she smiled as for the second time tonight she tried to channel some of her energy into Nyx in an attempt that he could heal.
[info]
Rolling heal check for bandages and making sure he doesn't have trouble sleeping tonight adding another training check for guided healing while i am at it.

1 hour total

Heal check for bandages and basic aid
Rolled 1d20+3 : 5 + 3, total 8

Training check for guided healing at 1 hour
Rolled 1d20+7 : 3 + 7, total 10

[/info]

[info]Depending on the answer to the fire question Amelia will be sending word to people to request aid for the injured while she is tending nyx. Mainly informing the church of light and the king.[/info]

Throndir

Date: Day 13 - 2:30 AM - 3:30 AM

I escaped back here as soon as the battle was over, and healed my wounds as much as my MP would let me. I'm not sure how well the fire are being put out, but the city guard did make their way towards them. There was a couple of things I noticed from the attacker. He was wrapped up in black clothing, masking his face completely. There was one thing I noticed, his weapons were... unique if not ornate. The handle and guard was that of a red-colored hand grasping the blade of the weapon.

Soon enough you began to attempt to treat Nyx's injuries. Though you were talking with Nyx through your ability, and doing your best to be quiet, you heard Kurt's voice as you worked.

"What... happened?" Kurt asked in a hushed whisper. He was still lying in bed though, shirtless.

Mysticsage

"An assassin attacked the duke tonight, almost killed him, if Nyx hadn't been there he would have succeeded," Amelia whispered. Her mind went through all the details of someone who could use a blade with that description.

"We'll need to put together a plan too offer aid in the morning for the wounded and be prepared to be blamed for the attack," Amelia said biting her lip. "Kurt, do you recognize a blade with this description?" She then relayed what Nyx said to Kurt.

"You've been adventuring a lot are there any individuals or groups who you have seen use something in that motif?"

Throndir

"An adventurer... Yes, back in my world of Erdesin, Matilda and I spent much of our time adventuring. Back then my father did not have as much clerical duties as he does now. Ever since we came here though... well, it's just been too busy..." Kurt finally sat up in bed, and when he did, he realized he was shirtless, and in that moment he began to blush, and quickly turned away, with his back  facing towards you as he reached for his tunic.

"I don't recognize the weapon... Traders might, or perhaps other adventurers of this world, or of those who still do the profession."

Mysticsage

"I know a blacksmith who likes making weapons. I'll ask the father if he knows any traders who could possibly recognize the style," Amelia breathes a sigh of anxiety before smiling slightly as she sees Kurt blush.

[info]Sense motive rolls

to see if Kurt seems off when i mention the attack, or if he seems like he somehow expected it. I want to see specifically if the royal family hired someone that sort of stuff.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 11 + 7, total 18[/blockquote]

See if he is lying about recognizing the weapon
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 6 + 7, total 13[/blockquote]

See why he is embarrassed
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 14 + 7, total 21[/blockquote]

[/info]

Turning back to look at Nyx she frowned, "Kurt, can you take over doing the bandages? I'm making a real mess of things and I want to make sure Nyx can at least sleep through the rest of tonight until he can properly heal." She said standing to give him room. She wanted to get Nyx some better help. Some amount of water or anything, but she knew that just because the duke was attacked did not mean she was safe.

That was when a thought struck her and she went rushing over to her bad digging out the small sack of catnip that she had stored away. Finding as well the cat treats she pulled both out.

Taking a little bit of the catnip she wrapped the treat in a few leaves, "Chew on this, it should help with the pain and help you sleep," she smiled. "I can handle the rest from here,"

[info]
Giving nyx a treat and some catnip from my stuff to help with pain and as a reward
[/info]

Throndir

[info]Sense Motives
You weren't able to get any hunches on whether or not Kurt and the royal family were behind the attack. Kurt didn't seem to be lying at least about what he said or about the weapon. As for why he was embarrassed, that was easier to guess, with the fact Nyx was here too, likely the prince was more conscious about the fact he was half-naked around you.[/info]Nyx obliged as his eyes lighted up at seeing the catnip. Kurt was hesitant at first, but eventually took over attempting to clean Nyx's wounds and bandaging it up. You noticed he undid much of your work and redid a couple areas.

QuoteKurt's Treat Deadly Wound will take the next hour, so feel free to do other things if you plan it.

Mysticsage

Amelia will try to make contact with Father Blumenthal, first listening in if he is awake or not curious if he, himself, may be the assailant. After a moment of listening regardless of what she hears or does not hear she will break the connection.

After that, she will see if she can make a connection with the duke at this range, and or see if he is awake.

--
with those twenty minutes of talking done

using Nyx's description she will break out a pencil and a piece of paper to see if she can't draw a sketch of the weapon.

[info]Craft visual arts check with Nyx's help
Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5
[/info]

Any remaining time is going to be her spent trying to give Nyx permission to call her using friends list. [info]
I don't know if the bonded mind teamwork feat would work for this.[/info]

Once Nyx is eventually soundly asleep she will go to bed.

Throndir

Opening the connection to Father Blumenthal, you didn't hear anything at all. It was just silence.

Making a connection with the duke, you immediately heard his voice.

Damn it. Who could have gotten in here. Mendernich? Who would want to assassinate a duke of Felencorp...

[info]Craft: (visual arts): 5
Spending sometime attempting to draw it, you eventually came up with a hand grasping a sword. Nyx kept having to re-explain exactly specific parts, so there were multiple times you had to restart, in the end you made an okay drawing, though, even Nyx said it didn't really look like it, but it was close enough. Kurt eventually commented that a design of a crossguard such as what was described was unique enough, that it might be okay.[/info]

Attempting to give Nyx permission to call you instead, came up with a notification:

[okay]Ability not yet unlocked.[/okay]

Mysticsage

Amelia will listen into the duke's thoughts for anything new or interesting for a little while waiting for a moment to break to try and add a thought to the mix without him noticing that she was listening in.

When a break in the thoughts came she tried to fight his thought pattern, "If someone wasn't there to save me my guts would be across the floor," If she thinks she can push her luck she will also add,  "I owe them my life."

[info]She is going to try and sound like him as much as possible to have these thoughts just "Come" to him like thoughts you don't like often pop up. What do i need to roll to pull this off?[/info]

Throndir

QuoteYou can attempt to roll a bluff for the attempt.

Mysticsage

[info]Requested Bluff Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20[/blockquote][/info]