[Diane] Chapter 3: The Road to New Binmoor

Started by Throndir, July 05, 2019, 06:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anima mea

Watching the spell fizzle, she shrugs and turns to Kenver and Maban, "I guess I need to work on it more or perhaps i'm not combining the right elements?  Oh well, I can imagine that it will take some time, besides, now I know there are things that won't come to me easily.  And let's be honest here.  I like a challenge!" Sitting down again, she chuckles and begins to reach into a pocket that's not there, for a notebook and pencil that aren't there any more as well.  Finding herself without her notebook, she frowns, but decides to leave it memory for now.

Turning to Kayden again, she smiles, this time darkly, "What would you say is the weakness in your political structure?  I mean, I don't know what it is you have as far as a government and as such I can't work on how to best protect it and it's people if I don't know more."

Throndir

"The weakness... Is probably how our country, more so than others, are primarily lead by money. With the shifting having taken much of the land away, I see how the rest of the country start to prioritize building enough capital to pay for the war, but it comes as a cost to the inhabitants of this country, along with those appearing." Kayden responded.

To your surprise, Kenver and Maban nodded. It was perhaps the first time the two had ever agreed with anything Kayden had said, at least openly.

Kenver spoke next, staring at the crackling fire from the campfire.

"Before you were summoned... the Felencorp had been demanding reparations, and most things of value. They had taken some of the able-bodied farmers as well to be drafted in their armies. We managed to spare enough once we had agreed to summoning you, Diane... In a way, you saved the rest of the folk back in Chynance."

Anima mea

Diane nods and looks into the fire for a moment.  Mulling things over she simply looks at Kayden again, "So financial relief is something you guys need to smooth things over. Also, what would you say would be a good place to take some time to get to know the world?"

Breathing in deeply, Diane shakes her head, "I am simply having issues fully adjusting to the world and my circumstances."

Throndir

"The library at New Binmoor houses many of the books, stories, and records we have of our country, along with those that were shifted here. There are libraries at the other Trade Capitals as well that deal with their respective regions however."

Anima mea

Diane nods and goes silent as she considers what Kayden has said.  Picking up a small stick she begins to scratch a design of a troop carrier into the dirt, doing what she can with firelight.  Working out the body's design, she spends times slowly adding weapons that she can imagine working, although, at this point those are a sketches done to the side.  Variations on railguns, rotating crossbow turrets and even tubes to shoot fire and water out of.  Shaking her head, she goes back to the main body, giving it a large, boxy design and two stacks, one for the smoke to come out of and one as an emergency steam release valve. From that point, she begins to design, as best as the dirty allows, a steam engine to power this monstrosity.  When I knight steps on the design she growls, but goes back to work when they move past.

Throndir

As you worked on the design and rough schematics on the dirt with just the campfire giving enough light to the project, the rest looked on curiously. As the night waned on however, interest soon diminished as one by one the rest of the group headed off to bed themselves. None of them quite understood what exactly you had been drawing, though they all assumed it was some sort of contraption.

Like the last night, the other knights themselves were in charge of keeping a watch rotation.

[info]State any evening or morning the day after plans.[/info]

Anima mea

No actions other than working on the design.