[Jean] Chapter 16.5: Tour of the Ramparts

Started by Throndir, July 27, 2019, 10:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

Jean compared the fuel capacity of the Ramparts to the consumption rates that Telamon gave him and leaned back the the chair with a sigh.  "Damn...  I guess we can't go more than a few days before needing refueling...  Easy I guess if you have an ancient civilization with a network of fueling stations or something similar but now..."  He spun the chair around absentmindedly.  "This puts a crimp in my plans...  I was hoping to get the Ramparts airborne and use it as a mobile base of operations to come back to from my time looking for the other components on the ground...  But now it sounds like it will need to be left behind while we go out and try to find the other parts of the Legend...  I'm...  Reluctant...  The dwarves are probably as trustworthy as it gets but these priests...  I don't know what their deal is yet but they are too keen to seize the Ramparts...  Makes me nervous to leave it behind while they are still an unknown quantity."  He stopped spinning facing Telamon and stood up to put his hands on her shoulders.  "I may have to leave you behind to watch the Ramparts.  Unless we can figure out what the deal is with the priests and neutralize them as a threat, I will need to leave someone in charge of the Ramparts that I can trust to preserve the ship as best as possible for when it can take to the skies...  As much as I'd like to keep you by my side Telamon, you fit that description best."  He looked down at her.  She was so small compared to him, so lithe, so seemingly fragile.  His mind flashed back to their first meeting and the gynoid's aggressive advances.  "Would you be alright?  I know you've been alone for all these years but you were also asleep for most of it.  Finally free and I'm practically relegating you to the same fate except this time you will need to be ever vigilant while the Ramparts is at its most  vulnerable..."

Throndir

Telamon's eyes were almost unreadable. But they seemed to soften slightly, as Telamon glanced over to the floor, then quickly back into your eyes. The entire action seemed almost human. That said, the grin and smile she kept on her face didn't seem to reflect that particular emotion so evident in her eyes.

"For thousands of years the Ramparts stood still here, I'm sure it can last for however long until we figure out this situation. So... Of course I'll be alright, master. I'm the gynoid of the Ramparts, the best and most important feature of the Thamylon Legend."

pringerbeam

Seeing that look in her eyes, Jean hugged the gynoid.  "You are no doubt.  After all, what is a warship without its weapons?"  He pulled back.  "I'm sure we'll be able to get the priest problem figured out.  Then maybe we won't need to worry about these things."  Jean said as he made his way back into the captain's chair, manual in hand.  "So...  What's next on the tour?"  he said as he looked at the manual.  "Oh, quarters!  That would be the projectile weapons wing?  Got to see the captain's room, see what kind of amenities I will need to expect when we sleep here."

Throndir

Telam shot you a sly look.

"The Ramparts comes with the best amenities." Telamon said, not bothering to step away once you pulled back from your hug. Instead, she proceeded to wrap her arms around your waist. "Me." She teased as her eyes sparkled a bit from the mischief, her arms and touch lingering on you for just a few more moments longer before she too finally pulled back.

"If you'll follow me, master, and everyone. You can see the quarters we have reserved for both the captain, along with the officers." She said glancing at everyone one more time. With that, she headed towards the projectiles wing.

Captain's Cabin
Shortly After

Telamon lead the way through the ship again, passing through many gates and eventually making her way towards a set of rooms.

"Here we are." The room was fairly spartan. Having just a large bed and a table with a few chairs. "We can make furniture if you'd like with the actualization module onboard, though, until we have a stable power supply, I wouldn't advise it."

pringerbeam

Jean strode across the room, picking up speed to fling himself up to flop onto the middle of the captain's bed...  A poorly thought out move as while the bed wasn't as hard as a rock, it was certainly firmer than he had expected.  "Ow..."  He said as he curled up in pain, rubbing his lower back.  "Not quite what I was expecting...  Though...  I'm not sure why I expected something more lavish on the commander's quarters of a warship.  At least there's plenty of room for everyone."  He rolled onto his back and propped his head up with the pillow.  "I guess making sure I get a nice and comfy bed on board is another reason to get the ship refueled...  Oh well, guess for now we'll just have to make due with the merely palatial comforts of Lili's home"  He said with a exaggerated huff.  "Though speaking of...  I guess we should be moving to some more...  marital accommodations?  Would be nice to get to see what the royal treatment is at you place considering how nice the guest rooms are."  He said with an eye to Lili as he cracked open the manual to continue reading.  "For now though I really should just buckle down and get this studied...  If you guys want to explore a bit more go ahead, I'll just need Telamon here to help explain things that I get stuck on.  Just be careful not to fire off any of the guns."

After several hours of studying the manual with Telamon's aid passed, Jean finally closed the manual and placed it in his inventory.  "Okay, I think I have a grasp on the ship now.  Should be ready for the research teams to access the Ramparts I think."  He walked over to a nearby display and called up the clock.  "Oh shit time sure flies.  We need to get back to the palace for the feast!  Can't be late for our engagement announcement right Lili?"

Throndir

"Well, we never really got around to finishing everything up. We were still under construction when we were phased here underground. But yes! I don't mind Jean touching up everything. But you girls better mind your manners. There's a lot of functions on board, and a lot of consoles."

Soon enough the party had split, at times one of the girls would sit with you and Telamon, and at times they would simply go about the ship. There was some camaraderie as well with Lili telling the rest some of the stories, specifically how it was like clearing out these caverns.

Lili had blushed. "A-aye..."