[Jean] Chapter 16: The Ramparts

Started by Throndir, June 23, 2019, 03:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Perception (Fisherman's Fish): 28
The fishermen seemed to be reeling in a long and darkly-colored fish. They were either long fish, or short eels. They were more meaty than the average eel from Earth however, and it was these that the fishermen were catching in their nets.[/info]
Lili nodded. "From whit we kin tell, it used to be a lairge city. Unfortunately, most o' it has bin eroded. Thir's a few patches o' ruins lik' we've bin passing by, bit we're still trying to figure out how expansive 'twas. Thir's pure weird things about it to. Some o' th' archaeologists believe it wasn't originally underground. Bit a don't know th' all the details much about it."

"That's th' thing. We kin go into th' lobby o' that building... Bit after that, thir's anither door that we cannae. Ye'll see." Lili said as she made her way closer to the building. "And they are priests. Aye. Bit we passed by a couple o' thaim earlier. Juist stick close wi' me, ah will stare at thaim hard, 'n' hopefully they'll leave us alone."

The dwarves at the perimeter had taken notice of you, and you can tell they were all robed dwarves. Lili did her best to keep a brisk pace and ignore them, but one of the dwarves stepped up to the front of the building's door.

"Princess, ye'r nae forordinar doon 'ere... 'n' ye'r nae forordinar wi' a human 'n' a... Whitevur that is."

QuotePrincess, you're not usually down here... And you're not usually with a human and a... whatever that is.

Lili raised an eyebrow, but chose not really to respond. "Shove it aff. We're passing." With that she simply went by past him, the dwarf frowned, but Lili made it through, hitting the dwarf's shoulder as she passed. Ren stared at the dwarf too, and slyly one of her tentacles became metallic and sharpened into a spear. With that the dwarf simply stepped aside giving you and Ren free entrance.

Once inside, Lili whispered slowed to whisper to you. "That's why ah don't lik' th' priests. Always in mah face." Lili continued to lead the way, keeping her pace up so hopefully discourage the dwarves from following. The lobby of the building was in a much better state than the rest. There was a much more modern feel to this building than what you saw even back at the dwarven city. However, it was rather empty, even if everything was kept in a good state. Lili lead the way into a flight of wide stairs, and the look of the area started to change. Instead of stone, or possibly some sort of concrete for the walls, it became metallic. The hallway itself was long, and as you walked, the lights turned on. The floor was tiled with square metallic pieces. The design of this particular hallway looked like it would fit more in sci-fi TV show back on earth than anything else in this world. At the end of the hallway was a door.

The door itself was fairly plain. It was all one color, so your eyes were quickly drawn towards a circular panel on it. On the circle was 6 gems equidistant from each other. They were in a myriad of colors: black, white, red, blue, brown, and light blue. It was around eye-level as well.

There were words written in a circular pattern around the panel: "Only Those Blessed by the Goddesses"

"'ere we are. Th' gate we cannae git thro'." She pointed at the words around the circular panel. "Only thing we have to go by are these wurds written in Old Felothian. 'Heroes Chosen' Ah believe is whit our scholars mak' o' it."

pringerbeam

At Ren's slight menacing of the priests Jean slipped an arm around her to pull her along.  "Try to avoid an incident Ren."  He whispered into her ear as he pulled her close.  "We are guests here at the princess's power.  We need to avoid conflict at least long enough to get the treants off our backs."  He kissed her on the cheek and slipped his hand down to her rear and gave it a soft squeeze.  "If you behave yourself there will be a reward for you tonight."  To punctuate this he slipped his hand just between her skirt and her skin to just ever so slightly fondle her bare skin before withdrawing.  "Just a taste."  He said as he drew his other finger down her sternum, stopping just before entering her cleavage.  Turning back, he resumed his position just at the heels of the princess.  "Sorry, I had to tend to my companion's desires there."

[info]Stealth check for whispering[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+32 : 9 + 32, total 41[/blockquote][/info]

After they reached the door, Jean looked around.  "It almost reminds me of Marina's control room."  He said as he walked up to the door.  "Hmmm...  Colors...  6 of them...  Just like the elements that Eloise spoke of.  Green, wind, brown, earth, blue, water, red, fire, white, light, black, dark...  I wonder if it can be accesses like the temple's surveillance system"  He pondered aloud as he touched the black gem. 

[info]Use Magic Device check in case it's applicable[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 16 + 14, total 30[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Ren slightly shivered at your touch, and she only wrapped her tentacles around you instead, at least one of them, as the group moved on. "Tonight then..." Ren said licking her lips.

Lili glanced back. "Ah'm not one fur judging." She responded. You whispered quietly though, just enough for Ren to hear, so you doubted that Lili would have heard it.

When you came up to the device and touched it, you felt a pull of mana. You yourself visibly saw the light that was mana come from your fingertips into the gem. At that moment, the black gem started to glow.

pringerbeam

"Okay, seems simple enough."  Said Jean as he then proceeded to work around the circle of gems counterclockwise.  Finally coming to the white gemstone, he paused, staring at the final glittering gem.  "Hmmm...  I guess there is only one way to find out..."  He reached out and touched the final gemstone.

Throndir

"They're glowing..." Lili stated as her eyes widened.

One by one you placed your hand on each of the gems. You felt a sensation of each of the gems attempting to pull your mana, but with you keen sensitivity to mana itself, you were able to easily draw it out into the orbs. Lili held her breath as each gem lighted. Five of the gems were glowing. However, once you placed your hand on the final white one, nothing happened.

"Ah drats. That's th' closest we got at least. We suspected th' goddesses 'n' magic hud to do with it. Bit even trying to cast spells o' a particular element into th' orbs didn't mak' thaim glow th' wey ye did..."

pringerbeam

Jean stared at the final gem.  Placing his hand back on it, he willed everything he could to try and send mana into it.  Deep within him he felt a small spark of the anathema to his darkness but it was blocked by something.  Focusing his mind he cracked the seal upon it  just enough to draw a trickle of it out.  He did not know if it would last, hopefully it would be enough to open the door.

[info]Expending 1 hero point to temporarily unlock Light element[/info]

Throndir

[info]Heroic Point earned[/info]A notification appeared.

[okay]Your wish is granted.[/okay]
You felt a power within you surge, the glow of mana was being pulled into the orb. But it was then that something strange happened.

There was a laughter that you could hear. However, the sensation didn't seem to come from your ears, or even around the room at all. It felt more like you heard it in your head. Lili, Ren, and the slimeling didn't seem to notice either. All of them were focused on the gems you were attempting to activate. Your vision seemed to slightly darken, and it was then that you realized that the laughter sounded familiar. In the 35,632 ways you had been tortured, it was a laugh that echoed frequently. A laugh that enjoyed pain and misery; a laugh of madness.

[spoiler]"You? Trying to pull the 'Light' from one of the sisters?" The voice said in your head.

"Oh Jean. That doesn't suit you at all."
[/spoiler]

The gem in front of you took in the mana. But instead of glowing white that you had expected, it instead seemed to glow a combination of dark and red on the fringes as what looked to be small sparks of electricity flickered from it. There was still white, but it was quickly being swallowed by the darker hue. The gem itself seemed to swirl with power, but seemed to strain from the foreign presence with it.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

A robotic voice came from the door, as a section of the door seemed to scan the area in front of it, bathing you, Lili, and Ren in the laser lights.

"Attribute match. Passage granted." A moment after, the door started to move as the ancient mechanics and magic that worked the gate came to life. An intake of air rushed inside the room as the air pressure balanced between the cavern and the interiors of the now opened room. To your surprise, it already looked familiar.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

There were some differences. But the general interior of the place had the same kind of style and make as Marina's control room back on the temple. The same glow from the consoles, the same panels that seemed to be projected into the air themselves. Everything had a clean and sharp look, much different than something that was potentially centuries old would look like. Lili widened her eyes, taking in the sights, so too was Ren, though, her expression was less of wonder, and more of caution.

Ren immediately raised her tentacles, changing and sharpening them into their spear configuration as a figure approached. There were two floating mechanical devices that surrounded her as well.

[spoiler]"Greetings. Welcome to the Ramparts of the Thamylon Legend. I am TLM-3." She then approached you closer, her hands reaching for your head.

"Your genetic material is required for imprinting."
[/spoiler]

At the same time, you see Ren's tentacles start to move defensively at you, while simultaneously preparing to attack the stranger.

QuoteRoll initiative.

pringerbeam

[info]Intitiative[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+21 : 9 + 21, total 30[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

As the girl moved quickly, seemingly to grab or hold your head, you had a chance to react. Lili and Ren on the other hand was a bit slower to react.

pringerbeam

Jean felt the seal crack and with it outflowed the power as the goddess's laughter echoed through his bones.  Pain shot through his body as if a ball of molten metal burned in his chest and shocks ran through his limbs.  He didn't actually move, frozen in place by the fiery agony coursing through his veins.  He felt the power start to consume him, it was similar to the feeling he had when the other hero had exploded with holy energy earlier that day and he could feel the uncontrolled power building and building with no outlet for release.  Just as he felt the power about to explode the goddess spoke and the searing pain suddenly abated, cooled as if a shadow had swept across the sky to block a blazing sun, shielding Jean from its searing rays.  Like ink spreading through water the cold blossomed and slithered throughout his body, chilling his seared nerves.  He let out a quiet breath he hadn't realized he had held or if it had all managed to transpire in the space between inhale and exhale.  Power seeped out of his hand into the gem, having it's unique effect compared to the others.  He was still stunned as the goddess's laughter faded and before he knew it the door had opened as the girl was approaching him.

He blinked as control of his body roared back and his reflexes went into overdrive to compensate for whatever had just left them disabled.  "No wait, I think she means me no harm."  Said Jean as he held an arm out to stay Ren's tentacles.  "Go ahead, go for it..."  He said, turning back to this new girl.

Throndir

Ren stayed her tentacles, Lili too had begun to draw her own axe, but seeing that both you and Ren were alert, she didn't make any threatening actions. As for TLM-3, she proceeded forward, ignoring the others. Taking your head with both of her hands, she pulled herself up to you. Your lips met, but it wasn't just any sort of kiss. The girl purposefully pushed her tongue in, exploring your mouth as she held you tight in what was almost a death-grip with both of her hands tightly on your head. She started to make slight moaning noises too the more she kissed, made ever more noticeable by the fact that it was deathly quiet save for your own breathing and the sloppy kissing sounds the girl was having with you. Ren and Lili didn't want to make of it, they simply stared and blinked their eyes for what felt like minutes, but was actually just at least several long seconds.

Finally, the girl pulled back, you noticed she licked her lips as well.

"Thank you for your patience. You are now registered as the owner of the Ramparts. You may treat it and me however you please."

Notifications appeared.

[okay]You have gained a new title 『Owner of the Ramparts』
You have gained +1 INT[/okay]

pringerbeam

Jean returned the kiss with equal aggression, caressing her tongue with his own and venturing into her own mouth as he pulled the girl in close and gripping her waist with one hand and the back of her head with the other.  He bent her back and, slipping his arm lower around her thighs, lifted her off the ground as she finished kissing him.  He pulled his head back and looked her in the eyes.  "Well, now that's what I call a greeting."  He set her down and gently held her chin.  He gave her another kiss, this one softer as he tilted her head up to make up for their height difference.  "Looks like you might have some competition Ren."  He said as he pulled away.  "TLM-3...  So wordy and sterile.  Let's see..."  He looked around the room.  "It's not traditionally a female name but how's about Telamon?  I can be the Jason to your Argonaut and you certainly seem like you could be a child of an earth nymph given where we are."

Throndir

QuoteColor change for Telamon. She's too close to Ren.

Ren frowned, eyeing the girl suspiciously. "She's not competition, master... I'm still the most loyal." There was a hint of whining in her voice.

"No I am." TLM-3, now called Telamon responded. "It's literally in my programming."

Ren's eyes widened, unused to having someone oppose her. "I love master more!" Ren countered.

"He is a great kisser." Telamon said smugly.

"I want master more!" Ren said, glaring as she did so.

"I am fully equipped and can perform 361 cultures worth of acts."

"W-well... I can transform my tentacles and make them metallic." Ren replied back, waving her spear-like tentacles around with a smug look on her face.

Telamon cocked her head. "Actualization module activate. Battle construct form!" She said outloud as parts of her body began to glow. The two floating devices around her started to beam some sort of light on her as well. And shortly after black armor started to materialize around her. A set of mechanical wings appeared on her as well.

"I can transform too."

"And before you ask, I am fluent in 87 languages, can extrapolate languages from enough audio samples, have access to probably the most powerful set of weaponry apart from goddess blessings, have plenty of high powered weapons both ranged and melee making use of explosives, beams, lasers, and conventional weaponry."

"And lastly, master gave me a new name; Telamon."

Ren didn't know how else to respond. She simply seemed to shrink behind you. She mumbled her next words, but there wasn't any fight behind them.

"Master named me too..."

pringerbeam

"Oh Ren, now this is a new side.  I guess it's true when they say that steel sharpens steel."  He said as he walked up to the sulking Ren.  "Don't worry, I'll never forget about you."  He said as he kissed Ren on the lips.  Placing both hands on her hips he kissed her as deeply as Telamon had kissed him, moving a hand up her spine to hold her neck as he entwined his tongue around hers.  He continued to kiss her as his other hand slid around, down between her transformed garments and her body, caressing her bare skin, venturing towards her front inch by inch until he remembered where exactly he was and slowly withdrew.  "Ooops...  Can't get carried away right now, no matter how cute you may be in this state."  He said as he played with her ear with his thumb.  He gently kissed her neck and gave a quick nip with his teeth as he pulled away from her.  "Sorry your highness.  It's been a long day and it's easy to forget what we're here to do." He said, looking over Ren's shoulder to the princess.

He put an arm each around Ren and Telamon and turned to look around the room.  "So Telamon, where are we?  You called this place the Ramparts and said that I am its owner.  Tell me about my new realm."  He asked as he strolled towards the largest control panel with his companions.

Throndir

When you had kissed Ren, she wrapped her tentacles around you. For once you could see a blush on Ren's face, along with a satisfied and happy look.

[okay]You have gained a new title 『Liked』
You have gained +1 CHA[/okay]
When you turned towards the princess who had been watching everything she simply shook her head. She was beet red as well. "Forgotten whit tae do..." She took a deep breath. "Well, ye opened th' gate... 'n' tis much more than ah ever expected. Ah didn't expect anybody to be in 'ere either."

"You're one of the dwarves who had been excavating around the Ramparts. Until this gate was opened, it was against protocol to speak with any of you, but I'm glad it's dwarves taking care of things down here. Among the slave races yours were the most suited for that task." She turned her attention back to you. "This is the Ramparts of the Thamylon Legend. It one piece among others. Together, they form the Thamylon Legend." Telamon began to explain. Lili, who wanted to comment, held her tongue and instead began to listen intently. "It, along with me and my sisters, the other gynoids, were created by Arch Technicist Alcina Thamylon of the Feltheno Empire. These were commissioned by the empire to fight against the Metallum incursions, but unfortunately, had never been deployed."

"The Ramparts are the defensive battlements and armament control of the Thamylon Legend." Telamon said proudly.

When you went over to the console, realized it was a status screen for a variety of systems. Engine systems, defense systems, sensors, comm systems, and weapon systems. However, there was a yellow notification at the top right that mentioned Low Energy Reserves.