[Hanako] Chapter 13: Start of a Journey

Started by Throndir, July 20, 2019, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

[info]Nothing special planned. Hanako will do another 4 sessions of standard training.[/info]

[info]Training, Knowledge(Astral):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 9 + 7, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 13 + 7, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 4 + 7, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 4 + 7, total 11[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

[info]Requested Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

QuoteTraining
Knowledge (astral): 5/8

Spawning new side thread shortly.

Throndir

Date: Day 16 - 8 AM to 4 PM

Kari continued teaching you about the astral, the realm of emotion. Apparently it was a basic set of knowledge to fully understand necromancy, the magicka that Kari herself practiced. In the middle of teaching, Kari seemed to glance at something far ahead of the group. She narrowed her eyes, mentioned something to you about the 'astral body', glanced back down the road, then nodded.

"140 ft. away there art 9 men hiding beside the road." Kari said, narrowing her eyes more as she honed in her vision. "Nay. Make that 12, 130 ft. away."

"I umm... really don't understand how you can see all of that Kari... But if they're men and not monsters, they could be slavers. Should we stop?"

"Surely that'll give us away. But... I shalt defer to the hero." Kari looked towards you. "What say thee?"

Asta

Hanako furrowed her brow. "We need to head this direction anyway, and if they're slavers probably all the more reason to deal with them in short order. Twelve is a decent number of potential enemies to deal with so pull up short and Ill call up a golem and we can just walk the rest of the way."

She sighed deeply. "Either they wont be looking to fight, or..." She shrugged, leaving the implication that they would slaughter them like dogs in the street hanging in the air.

Throndir

"Be slaughtered like demons." Kari completed your sentence.

QuoteInitiative requested, I've marked in the map which ones you spotted with your perception roll

Asta

[info]Initiative:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

"Can you tell me if any of them are slaves, or noncombatants?" Hanako asked Kari with a low whisper. "I'm about to quite literally rain electric death on that entire area and I don't want to fry someone that doesn't deserve it."

[info]Stealth for whisper, if needed:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+13 : 15 + 13, total 28[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

"The slavers over yonder art all armed. Swords, daggers, and bows. Three if them doth wear collars around their necks."

Asta

"Tch." Hanako clicked her tongue in frustration. "Let me see if I can get a better look at the group. I don't want to hurt anyone that's been enslaved."

[info]Perception to try and spot more people:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 8 + 5, total 13[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

As the carriage drew closer, to not arouse suspicion, you began to look towards where you had seen the slavers. You weren't distracted this time around, but you only managed to catch sight of one more new one, as luck would have it, this one had a collar.

QuoteUpdating roll20 map shortly.

Asta

"Let's stop here, I'm going to cast a spell that should hit those three that are grouped up back there." Hanako said, indicating the general area where she intended to cast. Once the vehicle came to a stop, Hanako quickly hopped out and began to cast.

"Dark skies fraught with Levin's light, rend the earth with thunderous fury! BLITZSCHLAG!"

[info]Casting a spell:
Blitzschlag; Tier 2; Lightning;
Radius Area 20ft (120 ft.); (Double);
2d6 Dmg vs Agility
17 MP[/info]

[info]Attack Roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 15 + 14, total 29[/blockquote]
Damage:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Your spell was unleashed, as a couple more slavers tried to get out of the way but failed. You noticed one of the ones you hit had a collar on them. After that, Kari began to create arcana circles from the storage of the carriage. You recognized it as the spell which would bring forth the skeletal troll. Lastly Trudy fired her rifle, and began to reload. Unfortunately her aim was off even though the enemies were flat-footed.

Kari started to go forward, drawing her blade, and also casting a spell on it. You recognized it as the same Darkness Blade spell she used the night before with the wolves. The troll too started to move forward at a hustle.

The slavers, including the collared ones, began to fire their bows at the troll who was the nearest. Almost all of the arrows hit, but due to being made out of bone, they don't seem to have done as much damage as they should have.

QuoteHanako's turn.

QuoteInitiative: Kari: 22, Skeletal troll, Slavers: 16, Hanako: 15, Trudy: 6
Combat Log
[spoiler]Surprise Round
Hanako casts a electric aoe spell
Kari casts a spell to create a skeletal troll
Trudy fires and reloads
Round 1
Kari casts Darkness Blade
Skeletal troll moves
Slavers attack.[/spoiler]

Asta

With the battle begun, Hanako strode forward drawing her sword. When she was close enough to have a clear line of sight on one of the slavers she called out in a commanding tone; "You there! Turn on your fellow slavers and cut them down!" Naturally she had made the command with her blessing, hoping to sew chaos among her enemies.

Throndir

The man's eyes glazed over, and he immediately started to attack the man behind him.

"W-wha-"

Trudy went forward shot and then shot her loaded rifle. Kari went forward and attacked the same person, managing a hit but not killing him. The skeletal troll moved right behind as well, attempting to hit the slaver, but missed.

At that moment the slavers started to move. The two with the collars near the troll didn't seem to move forward, but there was one particular slaver who was better-dressed than the rest who shouted a command as their collars lit up red. The rest of the slavers either shot with their bows, or withdrew their swords.

Arrows went towards Kari, once they realized they weren't hurting the skeletal creature.

QuoteHanako's turn.

QuoteInitiative: Kari: 22, Skeletal troll, Slavers: 16, Hanako: 15, Trudy: 6
Combat Log
[spoiler]Surprise Round
Hanako casts a electric aoe spell
Kari casts a spell to create a skeletal troll
Trudy fires and reloads
Round 1
Kari casts Darkness Blade
Skeletal troll moves
Slavers attack.
Hanako moves forward, mind controls one of them.
Trudy goes forward, attacks. Rifle is empty.
Round 2
Kari moves forward, attacks.
Skeletal troll moves forward attacks and misses.
Slavers attack.[/spoiler]