[Hanako] Chapter 13: Start of a Journey

Started by Throndir, July 20, 2019, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Before the demon could respond, Kari quickly drew her blade out, as quick as the eye could follow, and almost immediately after struck out four times in those few seconds. Each one left large gashes on the demon, leaving it near death. Though her strikes were powerful, it seemed like the thick hide of the demon seemed to reduce the blade's effectiveness.

Trudy was still wide-eyed, but she had enough wit about her to react quickly as well. Drawing her own blade, she attempted an attack. She managed to hit, and though it looked like a solid hit, her blade didn't seem to do anything at all.

QuoteHanako's turn.

QuoteInitiative: Kari: 23, Trudy: 16, Hanako: 9, Demon: 8
Combat log
[spoiler]Surprise Round
Kari attacks demon with spell.
Round 1
Kari fullround attacks demon with sword. Hits and deals damage.
Trudy withdraws weapon, attacks demon with sword, hits and deals little or no damage.[/spoiler]

Rough Status
Demon: [include u=2]93 damage taken[/include] Near Death

Asta

Really didn't want to have to do this so early... Hanako thought as she drew the revolver from where it was stowed and took aim at the demon, cocking back the hammer. She had noticed that Trudy's mundane sword had failed to cause any serious harm to the demon's monstrous form and decided that her own piddly swordplay would be about as effective. An enchanted bullet on the other hand, may prove to be useful.

"Too early for this shit..." she muttered pulling the trigger.

[info]Attack roll, Revolver: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 14 + 10, total 24[/blockquote][/info]
[info]Damage roll (If I hit.): [blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 7, total 7[/blockquote] + [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote] (sacred)[/info]

Throndir

QuoteNote, it's a +1 bullet, so the damage would have been a 1d8+1.

Your revolver shot forth the bullet. You aim was true, with all the effort you had done in training in guns, this was the first time you had to actually put it into a real situation. Like what Elyse said before, the bullets exploded on contact, as a small localized explosion of bright light seared into the demon's flesh. The bullet itself didn't seem to do much damage, but the explosion left a serious wound on the demon's head.

The demon snarled, it was at that moment it began to unleash a spell, but both Kari and Trudy took that opportunity to strike out. Both hit, and while Trudy's sword didn't seem to do much of anything at all. Kari's managed to cleave right through the demon's head. It was dead.

At that moment, a string of notifications appeared.

[okay]You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You have gained a 『Multiply』
You have gained a new title 『Multiplier』
You have gained +4 DEX
You have gained +4 MAG
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You are now level 22. Spend your unallocated points.[/okay]With the demon still collapsing, you got a sense of your surroundings, there were some soldiers who were simply staring in shock at what they had just seen. In the span of a few seconds, a demon was slaughtered right in front of them. Thankfully, there didn't seem to be any other demons in sight.

QuoteYou can roll perception for anything more, and to confirm, I simply used your passive check for that.

Trudy was the first to speak. "We have to get out of here... now!" She said in a fierce whisper as she quickly began to sheath her weapon back.

Asta

"Get in the carriage, lets get moving." Hanako replied urgently while taking another glance around.

[info]Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

After the brief glance to see if anyone else saw the altercation, she set one foot on the step into the carriage and turned to look at anyone nearby that wasn't Kari or Trudy.

"DISPOSE OF THIS BODY AND FORGET WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN!" she commanded loudly invoking her power to compel, before getting the rest of the way into the vehicle and closing the door. "Go!" she said to Trudy.

[info]Going to use a hero point on that command to make sure it affects everyone that was around except Kari or Trudy. Within DM discretion of course.[/info]

Throndir

[info]Perception: 22
Looking around you saw 7 other soldiers, either on the gates themselves, or spread out through the area. However, you did notice a few tell-tale signs, a cloak, the sound of footsteps, that told you there were others you could not immediately see. Lastly there was one individual who seemed to be wearing padded armor and a saber to their side, it was reminiscent of the various guards who were non-soldiers that Sofia employed.[/info]When you stated your command, a notification appeared.

[okay]Ability not yet unlocked.[/okay]But a moment later it vanished, and was replaced with another notification.

[okay]Your wish is granted.[/okay]You've seen this phenomenon occur a few times now, this time, your commands affected everyone who heard you, and likewise, you felt the pull of mana drain from your body. This was a lot more mana than usual. It wasn't quite the same feeling as you had when summoning Jitsuko, but it was akin to how it felt when creating the Yard Golem. You were now drowsy.

You watched in satisfaction as all the humans back there started to move about with blank looks on their faces, heading towards the demon, likely to follow your orders. But as Trudy ushered the carriage forward, you weren't able to see the rest of their actions, as you soon left the vicinity of the gates, and onwards to the southern mining camp owned by the Klein company.

QuotePerception requested. Also state if you plan to do any sort of training during the ride. If you want to spawn an RP thread, feel free to create one as a side thread we can run in parallel, those are potential for Rep changes, or tie them into your posts in the main thread if you think it won't bog down too much. You can also attempt experiments with your new blessing.

Asta

[info]Requested Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 20 + 4, total 24[/blockquote][/info]

As the carriage rumbled on down the road, Hanako slouched back in her seat and heaved a sigh. All's well that ends well I guess... But discretion might be a wiser practice in the future. If we were to get caught, so many more lives are at stake than our own. I know you want to see the demons put to the sword, but I'm trying to organize us into a coordinated guerilla force to make a real resistance. If we are discovered before we can settle somewhere out of their reach, it's all over."

Kari probably didn't care, her temper ran hot and it almost seemed like something compelled her to seek the most violent solution to every problem she faced. However Hanako still felt the need to try and advise her that sometimes it was better to be circuitous.

[info]During the rest of the ride for the day, Hanako will learn more from Kari's regimen of training.[/info]

[info]Training, 4 sessions, normal, Spiritual Knowledge:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 1 + 7, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 19 + 7, total 26[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 15 + 7, total 22[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 17 + 7, total 24[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

[info]At some point during the ride, Hanako is also going to see if her status window can tell her some more about her new blessing "Multiply"[/info]

Throndir

Date: Day 15 - 7:40 AM

Kari didn't immediately respond. Instead, she remained quiet, and judging from how she was acting, gave you an impression she was uncomfortable at being confronted. Instead, she simply began to attach the pieces of armor she kept hidden in a compartment under her seat to herself. Due to the fact that she was wearing an unfamiliar uniform underneath, she seemed to have a bit more trouble than normal getting all the straps and buckles in place.

Date: Day 15 - 8:00 AM - 4 PM

You begin continuing to learn about the Astral types of magicka.

QuoteNote, that Necromancy was moved from under Spiritual to Astral. The move changes it from something of spiritual nature, to one of a more 'emotional' nature type of magic, and it also under Black Magic. I'm changing all of your previous learning in Spiritual into Astral instead. Likewise I'm giving you class skills in Nature and Religion in order to qualify for Astral.

Training
Knowledge (astral): 8/8

QuoteSide thread spawned: Chapter 13.5: The Stench in the Air

When you attempted to focus on the new title you received earlier, you got some information. Though, it wasn't very clear, and was fairly vague.

[okay]Able to multiply actions.[/okay]

Asta

[info]Allocating one ability point to STR[/info]

Throndir

QuoteContinued from Chapter 13.5 where Hanako ran into trolls along the road.

Upon attempting to use Multiply again. You instead found yourself losing consciousness.

It was a dreamless sleep. And when you finally woke up, you felt your head lying on something soft and smelled nice. There was the sounds of a campfire nearby, along with a warmth too. When you finally would open your eyes, the first thing you'd see is Trudy.

"Good evening Hanako." Trudy said noticing you start to stir. When you moved you noticed that you didn't feel any pain.

A short distance away was Kari. Looking at her, it seems she had since switched out of the uniform of the Refedorian army, and instead was wearing her normal dress-like clothes that she had. You recall seeing the uniform torn up and shredded as the trolls attacked and surrounded her, so more than likely the uniform itself wasn't salvageable. Your own uniform too had some damage on it, but was still usable as armor. Kari had no wounds on her at all. Noticing that you were awake, Kari picked up what looked to be some kind of roasted meat on a platter and walked over to you handing you the plate.

"How was thy sleep, hero?"

Asta

Hanako groaned and sat up slowly, massaging the bridge of her nose. "Uh... good? I think? Let me guess, I ran out of mana and passed out? More importantly, how are you? Before I ate floor you were looking pretty beat up."

She looked around after addressing Kari, noticed it was night and wondered to herself how long she had been asleep. After taking the plate from Kari she found that she was in fact quite hungry and took a large bite of the meat.

"I guess you two finished off the trolls? I was trying to uhh... cast a thing on you before I lost consciousness."

Throndir

She nodded "Tie true, whatever... thou did, it drained thee of thy mana. Thy spell... or perhaps thy heroic blessing, tis something I hath not seen with mine eyes thus far. The moment thou fell, drained of thy mana, there was... another 'me' who attacked thusly similar, and inflicted wounds in a likewise manner to the trolls before me. 8 strikes did befall the monster, each one as if I hath made them myself..."

"The art of healing through mine powers, tis not something I have perfected. But once the trolls did lie dying, Trudy and this valkyrie killed them save for but one. This one I did keep alive, having Trudy continueth to mash it with her sword, whilst I did cast a spell taking it's lifeforce from it to me. The casting of such a spell doth takes a minute at a time, so tis not something I can easily do during the fray of combat. Once I hath healed mine wounds... We killed it."

She pointed to the carriage as well, and you noticed that there was still four horses on it. However, the front two horses were completely skeletal. "They'll last a few more hours yet, til they turn back into normal lifeless skeletons."

QuoteLet me know when you finish with dialogue, and want to continue the scene. I'll eventually need a watch order, then perception checks if you are taking watch. I'll roll my encounter rolls, and see if anything appears or not this night. You managed to get a full rest of 8 hours, so you technically can stay up, and do Training if you would like.

Asta

"Oh, well I'm glad you're ok. I was worried. It was one of my 'blessings' it seems to let me multiply the things I do, and I can cast it on others but the mana cost seems to be pretty high."

Hanako looked over at the skeletal horses. "I take it that's your handiwork as well? Very cool. I suppose if we're going to camp out here, I should probably take first watch. I've definitely slept more than enough. If we've got the material I can also see about mending your uniform."

[info]If you've got more for the scene go ahead and do it. If not, Hanako will take first watch, and provided that its ok and materials are at hand she will also attempt to fix up Kari's uniform.[/info]

[info]Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 19 + 5, total 24[/blockquote]
Craft (Armor):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26[/blockquote][/info]

Asta

[info]Ability Point Allocation +1 STR[/info]

Throndir

Date: Day 16 - Morning

Everyone soon started to wake up.

QuoteState any morning plans. And if you plan to do any training during the ride, feel free to state them and do the rolls as well.