[Hanako] Chapter 13: Start of a Journey

Started by Throndir, July 20, 2019, 02:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 13: Start of a Journey》
Date: Day 15 - Morning

QuoteState what time you want to wake up. We can decide on the default time too.

The morning soon came, this time around, Minette was actually the first to wake up, already preparing to head out. Trudy was still gently asleep on the other hand, while Jitsuko, on the other bed in the room was still asleep as well.

Minette smiled softly when she noticed you wake.

"Good morning Hanako... Today is a busy day... I need to prepare for the other administrators arrival... What time are you leaving for the mines today?" Minette asked quietly as to not disturb Trudy and Jitsuko's sleep.

Asta

[info]Let's say 6 a.m.[/info]

Hanako rolled sluggishly out of bed, yawned wide, and gave a sleepy wave to Minette. "Mmmm... Morning... I guess we should probably get going pretty early, so in an hour and a half maybe? Should give us time to pack up whatever we need to take along. Guess I'll need to wake up Trudy soon, and see if Kari is awake as well."

Throndir

Minette nodded. "That's... good... I'll miss you." Minette said quietly. "Make sure you stay safe.... You and Trudy both." Minette continued as she began to put on her uniform.

Asta

Hanako gave a thumbs up and smiled, "That's the plan! This shouldn't take more than a day I hope" she replied and then set about quickly doing her morning routine. Once complete, she would need to get Trudy up, if she wasn't already and then she would need to check in on Kari and grab a quick breakfast before packing up whatever would be needed for the journey.

Throndir

QuoteMake a list of things Hanako would personally bring, though Trudy and the others would have packed things already for the journey. There'll be enough space on the carriage to do so.

Trudy woke up soon enough, and it didn't take her long to get dressed and ready for the day as well. Like before, you saw Kari sipping away at tea down in the common areas. She was dressed in her usual indoors outfit, without all the armor on her. To her side you noticed a hefty bag that looked like it was full of things.

Asta

[info]Longsword, One pistol (light aspected), soldier uniform, backpack, any kind of gear that can help with climbing, some kind of trail ration, a canteen of water or something, first aid kit[/info]

"Morning Kari. We might need to find you a uniform before we leave to keep the deception up... I assume you've got your armor packed away in there?" Hanako asked, motioning to the bag.

Throndir

"A fine morning to thee too, hero Hanako." Kari said as she propped up her bag to the seat beside her. "Yes... Everything we needeth for thy journey, plus some extra. Amarille... twas kind enough to supply thee with some of that very good tea..." Kari said smiling. "Elves sleep light... so twas nice having her company. As for a uniform... I shalt procure one afore we leave."

Asta

"Excellent, I guess once Trudy's ready we can set off." Hanako replied with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

Throndir

Once everything was packed and ready, with everyone dressed as they were supposed to, mostly everyone gathered at the front lobby. As you were heading towards the group, Elyse caught your attention by quietly calling you over.

Further away from the others and alone with her she spoke.

"We'll be waiting for your return, Frau Hero." Elyse said. "We'll make sure to keep this place running at tip-top shape. And one more thing..." Elyse said, taking one of the guns from her side and layed it out for you to see. "Another prototype weapon from the Birkensen Trading Company. We're calling a 'revolver', due to the fact it allows for 6 ammo cartridges to be stored, and the barrel revolves each time a bullet is shot, rather than one at a time like the previous version." 

Next she pulled out what looked to be a box. "But it's the bullets that are more special... Made specifically for this weapon, they are infused with light magic. Rather than the light magic pistols from before that need to be recharged after they are out, these bullets instead keep a core of the mana crystals, and a minor enchantment on it causes it to explode on impact. They are harder and more expensive to produce, so these bullets are in limited supply, but you will find that not only will they hurt from the bullet themselves, but also from the light magic stored within."

She paused as you noticed her quickly glance towards the gathered crowd at the lobby, you couldn't quite tell who exactly she was looking at though. "This was given to me from Frau Leiningen... she called it 'insurance'."

With that, she handed you both the revolver and the box of ammo. "As much as Frau Leningen's gesture was kind, in her own way. I think... I would rather prefer to know that I helped in keeping you safe when you're out there." She took a deep breath, and in a quieter voice continued.

"Stay safe out there... Hanako."

QuoteIf you take the items, I'll update your Items sheet.

Asta

Hanako took the revolver and enchanted ammunition from Elyse and raised an eyebrow at the speed with which Sofia's researchers managed to advance their firearm technology.

I may have created a monster here... she thought, and though she couldn't tell exactly who Elyse had looked at in the gathered crowd she had a feeling she knew who it might be.

After stowing the weapon away in her pack, she took the former general's hand in her own and offered a smile. "Of course, I'd hate to wind up in a ditch somewhere when we were just starting to get to know each other. I'll try to make this trip a quick one, keep everyone safe while I'm out. And thank you."

After a few final "see you laters" Hanako headed to the door. "Itte kimasu!" she called out, giving a wave over her shoulder and set off.

Throndir

The rest of the crew waved you goodbye, as you suspected it was mostly everyone that you had gotten to know, and a few of the other soldiers and ex-slaves as well. A couple of them had given the three of you some food stuff for the road as well. Soon enough however, you found yourselves on your way.

"Okay... The first thing is getting through the city guards... Generally they are okay with anyone passing through, as long as we have some written documents explaining such things. Soldiers are fairly commonly sent out too between cities and towns due to how dangerous it's been lately." Trudy handed you some papers.

"We're soldiers from the Klein company, being sent as couriers to the southern mining site, along with bringing in reports..." Trudy said as she pointed towards the stack of papers. Looking through them yourself you found out they were simple records on the influx of soldiers and slaves, output quantity of the factory, expected shipment amounts, along with some other details.

Date: Day 15 - 7:30 AM

Most of the city was fairly dismal. Like before, there weren't a lot of people going out and about, and to your eyes, it was mainly people in uniform, or other armed men who made their way to and forth in the city, either picking up goods from the market, or simply going to their own destination. There were plenty of demons too, many of them laughing, or poking fun at the humans who tried to avoid them. Thankfully none of them approached your carriage. At least until you reached one of the southern gates at least.

It was Trudy who drove the carriage, so she simply saluted at the demon as she slowed the carriage when the demon approached.

"Reason for leaving?" The demon asked in a low and growling voice.

"Sir! We are from the Klein company, sending in a report to our southern mining site, sir!" Trudy responded robotically, ensuring she kept her tone of voice even and normal.

Kari who was inside the carriage with you seemed to be clenching her fists tightly. Her eyes glanced towards you, and you could tell she was itching to fight.

Asta

What a pain in the ass... Hanako thought, regarding the demon. She noticed Kari's visible rage and for a moment slightly regretted bringing her along since she was prone to starting trouble. She caught the valkyrie's glare and shook her head slightly and mouthed the word "please". She realized that might have been futile considering that the magic which translated for her probably didn't account for the movement of her mouth, but hoped that her gesture would get the point across. It would be too early to start a ruckus in town and potentially give away the little resistance movement that had been building.

Asta

[info]Requested roll:
Diplomacy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 6 + 5, total 11[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Kari stared hard at you, showing no sign of bending at all. You saw her eyes begin to flash and glow a purple color, a moment after her small form kicked open the door to the carriage, and immediately attacked the demon in surprise. The demon, completely lax to what he might have thought was a routine inspection, suddenly found it's large thick arms caught by Kari's glowing hand. It was a spell you recognized, it was the same one Kari had attempted to use on you on your first meeting.

Although the brute of a demon looked pretty physically resistant, the spell seemed to do multiple things to the beast. One, the demon's arm started to thin and shrivel up like a raisin as a light smoke seemed to plume from where Kari held him. Two, the look in the demon's eyes told you that it looked exhausted. And thirdly, it's movements seemed to slow, and its skin was just a bit paler than usual. In that one attack, the demon was badly wounded. Already you see Kari, start to pull out her long curved blade she had at her side.

QuoteSurprise round over
Initiative requested.

Demon: [include u=2]60 damage taken[/include]Badly Wounded

Asta

Of course.

[info]Initiative: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 3 + 6, total 9[/blockquote][/info]