[Fred] Chapter 7: Underground Caverns and Tunnels

Started by Throndir, July 10, 2019, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

[info]Guess who's dumping stats into CON after this...Heh.

[blockquote]Phys Resist:  1d20+5 : 20 + 5, total 25[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Holy, I hit it. Guess I get to act.[/info]

"Hah!" Fred willed himself out of his stunned stated, glaring at the crystalline blobs in front of him, then noticing most of his companions were still stuck in an immobile state. After surveying the battlefield, it finally sunk in exactly how much damage Eris managed to do in a single spell. Yup. She's definitely a hero, too. How has no one caught on to that!?

He finally glanced back at one of the blobs, "These things are gross, huh? What are they? Whatever, they need to die."

"Great spirits of fire, coalesce before me and writhe, encircling me ready to strike at my enemies. Flame Serpent!"

[info]Casting Flame Serpent at one of the oozes. I don't know what the damage dice are, didn't see them on my sheet, so feel free to do the honors.

[blockquote]Flame Serpent vs Touch AC:  1d20+13 : 5 + 13, total 18[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

[blockquote]fire damage 3d6 : 3, 6, 2, total 11[/blockquote]

Throndir

Your Flame Serpent spell triggered, it started to wrap itself around the crystal creature, however, you couldn't see any damage being done at all. Although Eris' fire spell managed to almost melt these creatures, yours didn't seem to be having the same effect.

Filliane managed to shake herself out of the stunning effect, and she immediately began to cast a fire spell as well, seeing Eris' spell take hold.

"Come forth fire, whirling spiral: 《Fire Storm》!" A whirling tornado of fire appeared then encapsulating the crystal creatures within them. It was a powerful blast of heat, though, it didn't feel as hot as the one that came from Eris' spell. The crystal creatures inside seemed to resist a lot of it however, the rocks beneath them started to redden and heat up more, but it took a couple more seconds until the crystals themselves started to warm up. Two more of the creatures simply melted in the onslaught.

The last remaining creature stepped up closer to Lai Fen. As it moved, it pointed many of its sharp crystals towards the girl, and it pounced, it cast a wide net as it seemed to stretch its body of crystals to engulf Lai Fen, but Lai Fen was just barely quicker, managing to dodge it.

In that moment, Eris appeared beside you as she placed a hand on your shoulder. "Kill that last one." She said right before jumping into spell casting.

"Oh Darkness. May this begotten might fill oneself with the dread power of darkness. Consume my body as even as it builds upon its strength. Unholy Might." Eris said, a dark thick miasma started to pour from her, and you noticed her wince from pain, a moment later, you felt that power course through you.

QuoteThe spell gives you +9 STR. The buff has already been added to your stats, so roll as it says.

Lai Fen, hearing Eris words, only raised her weapons defensively as she continued to defend from the creature. "Make it quick!"

QuoteGrid Map: https://app.roll20.net/join/3988538/rxP3dQ
Initiative order: Eris Alaster: 28, Lai Fen: 21, Lai Ju: 17, Fred: 14, Filiane: 7, Crystal creature: 4
Combat Log
[spoiler]Surprise Round
Lai Fen succeeds Phys Resist.
Fred fails Phys Resist. and is stunned.
Filiane fails Phys Resist. and is stunned.
Round 1 starts
Lai Fen swift action to enable Focused Breathing. Standard action to Ki Release, costing 5 KP, triggering: Body Strengthening III, Body Armoring II, Hardened Body I. Move action to get closer to you and Filiane.
Lai Ju swift action to enable Focused Breathing, standard action to Ki Release, costing 5 KP, triggering: Body Strengthening II, Body Armoring I, Hardened Body I
Fred is stunned and can take no actions.
Filiane is stunned and can take no actions.
Crystal creature moves 40 ft. closer, splits up into 4. Lai Ju fails Phys Resist. and is stunned.
Round 2 starts
Eris casts Explosion, hits Crystal Creature 1, 2, 3, 4
Lai Fen succeeds Phys Resist. Regenerates 7 KP. Maintains Body Strengthening III, Body Armoring II, and Hardened Body I, costing 3 KP. Swift action Ki Strike, costing 2 KP.  Free action: 5 ft. step. Fullround attack on Crystal Creature 2. Crystal Creature 2 dies.
Lai Ju fails Phys Resist.
Fred succeeds Phys. Resist. casts Flame Serpent hits on Crystal Creature 1, and deals no damage.
Filiane succeeds Phys Resist. casts Fire Storm hits, deals damage. Kills Crystal Creature 3, 4.
Crystal Creature 1 attacks Lai Fen and misses.
Round 3 starts
Eris uses Smoke Melding to move beside you. Casts Unholy Might.
[/spoiler]

Status
Lai Fen: [include u=2]KP: 28/33, Current KP Regen: 7[/include] Uninjured, Refreshed, affected by Body Strengthening III, Body Armoring II, and Hardened Body I
Lai Ju: Uninjured, Refreshed, affected by Body Strengthening II, Body Armoring I, and Hardened Body I
Fred: Uninjured, Slightly Tired,
Filiane: Uninjured, Refreshed, Stunned
Eris: Uninjured, Tired
Crystal Creature 1: [include u=2]Dmg Taken: -32 [/include]Near Death
Crystal Creature 2: Dead
Crystal Creature 3: Dead
Crystal Creature 4: Dead

QuoteExploration Log
[spoiler]Go Exploring Spirit Tree, Section 1
Filiane fails to create map of Spirit Tree, Section 1.
Go Deeper, success. Now in Spirit Tree, Section 2.
Filiane fails to create map of Spirit Tree, Section 2.
Go Deeper, success. Now in Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1.
Filiane fails to create map of Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1.
[/spoiler]

Current Area: Spirit Tree, Section 3
Current Time: 5 PM
Roles & Formation
[spoiler]Scout: Eris, 120 ft. in front of Point Guard
Point Guard: Lai Fen, 10 ft. in front of Guide and Cartographer.
Guide: Fred
Cartographer: Filiane, has Torch, 20 ft. bright light, 40 ft. dim light.
Rear Guard: Lai Ju, 15 ft. behind of Guide and Cartographer.[/spoiler]

Areas
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 1, Not mapped
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 2, Not mapped, contains Glowing Blue Flower point of interest
Area: Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1, Not mapped

Linwelin

Fred was surprised when he didn't feel more energy, but more strength from Eris' buff. "Wait, you want me to run up and stab at it? Does that even work?" He then looked to Lai Fen, seeing that she had, in fact, killed one with a blade. "Since it looked like it split itself apart, I would have thought splitting it more wouldn't do anything. Guess I'm wrong."

Without another word, Fred charged forward and gave a single thrust into the blob in front of him, trying his best to do it just as he'd practiced.

[info]Stab it with the stabby thing!

[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+8 : 9 + 8, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Potential Damage:  2d4+11 : 4, 4 + 11, total 19[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Your attack missed as Lai Ju finally managed to break free from the stun. Though she only took a defensive stance as well and moved up next to Lai Fen. Filiane began casting another spell, this time directed at Lai Fen. A moment later, a fast flowing wind started to encircle her, making her more difficult to hit.

Even with the spell on her, the creature attempted to attack Lai Fen again, this time surprisingly managing to hit. The creature began to stretch far, trying to engulf Lai Fen. The sharp crystals that acted like knives dug and raked into her flesh. It wasn't just a single wound either, as the ooze-like crystal tore into both her clothing and flesh. Blood freely flowed, though Lai Fen only began to smile more from the pain. She willingly tore herself away from the creature's grasp however, not allowing herself to be engulfed, but suffering more wounds from it. From uninjured, Lai Fen was now injured.

Eris moved closer to you, this time her hand reaching out to your blade. "Oh Darkness. Thou art the black that paints this world far and wide. A darkness thick that only true malevolence can cut through it. Darkness Blade." With that, your Ranseur, began to be covered in a black bubbling sludge, and then clearing, it instead started to glow a faint muffled red along with its blue-ish hue. The result was something almost purple.

Linwelin

"How is such a large creature so hard for me to...HIT!" Fred shouts the last word slightly as he thrusts his spear into the creature again.

[info][blockquote]Attack:  1d20+10 : 13 + 10, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Potential damage:  2d4+13 : 2, 1 + 13, total 16[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

You struck out at the crystal creature. You managed to hit as you weapon cleaved right through it. It was dead. At that moment you received a notification.

[okay]You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You have gained a new title 『The Mass Destroyer』
You have gained +2 WIS
You leveled up.
You are now level 26. Spend your unallocated points.[/okay]At the same time, you saw notification appear at the top of Filiane's head, where her name was.

[okay]+Level[/okay]

Linwelin

"Status."

Oh? So it really does take killing to level up. That's...6 levels? And Destroy got an upgrade again? It sounds like it's multiple targets, so I won't bother testing it. Fred thought to himself as he opened up his status window.

"Huh?" Fred said aloud, looking at Filiane. "You, uh, gained a level?" Fred said hesitantly to the elf. "I guess it's something I can see with my other power. I wonder how it works for non-heroes?" Fred decided to try using his Status power differently.

"Show Fiilane's status. Status Filiane." He was hoping one of these would work. Seeing a level gain on someone else was piquing his curiosity.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

When you attempted to focus on Filiane, you received two notifications.

[okay]Party status not yet unlocked.
Ability not yet unlocked.[/okay]
"You can see when I gain a level?" Filiane asked curiously. "To be honest... the adventuring association of Baolong record things like levels, but in our day-to-day lives, it doesn't really affect much..."

QuoteRoll your next Survival, Perception, and Stealth when you can

Linwelin

[info]Placing 1 last stat point into Dex. Gotta get that +10 modifier! It just feels right. I already adjusted my sheet.

Also placed skill points for the new levels.

[blockquote]Survival:  1d20+16 : 7 + 16, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+16 : 19 + 16, total 35[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+18 : 20 + 18, total 38[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Sorry, meant to specify. This is to explore the same depth. Not going deeper yet.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Location - Deep Underground - Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1
Date: Day 3 - Time: 6 PM

Instead of going deeper, the group continued to venture in the current area, and exploring. Crystals were everywhere, there was much less roots as well, due to the fact that the ground here was firmer than the softer areas closer to the Spirit Tree. Filiane managed to create a pretty good map of the area as well, with this, you knew it'd be easier getting around the area, and finding specific landmarks.

It was during the journey that Eris suddenly appeared in front of you, with a wound on her shoulder. At the same time, you heard the sounds of two things that were large. Both of them running on two feet running towards you from somewhere in the darkness ahead. It was still too far for you to make it out in the darkness, but you could clearly hear it.

"Monsters ahead! Didn't see them on time." She said, pulling out her weapons.

QuoteInitiative Requested

Initiative order: Eris Alaster: 23, Lai Fen: ?, Lai Ju: ?, Fred: ?, Filiane: ?, ?: 7
Combat Log
[spoiler]Surprise Round
? attacks Eris. Eris takes damage.
Eris moves 120 ft. back towards group. Appears in front of you.
Round 1
[/spoiler]

Status
Lai Fen: [include u=2]KP: 33/33, Current KP Regen: 7[/include] Uninjured, Refreshed
Lai Ju: Uninjured, Refreshed
Fred: Uninjured, Slightly Tired,
Filiane: Uninjured, Tired
Eris: Slightly Injured, Slightly Tired,
? Creature 1: Uninjured
? Creature 2: Uninjured

QuoteExploration Log
Go Explore, success. Now in Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1.
Filiane succeeds to create map of Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1.
[/spoiler]

Current Area: Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1
Current Time: 6 PM
Roles & Formation

Areas
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 2, Not mapped, contains Glowing Blue Flower point of interest
Area: Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1, Mapped, contains crystal oozes

Linwelin

Fred's eyes widened immediately when he saw Eris' wounds. They didn't look too bad, but he had yet to see her get caught unaware like this. Without another word, he wielded his ranseur and stepped to the front, straining his senses to detect what was ahead.

[info][blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+10 : 5 + 10, total 15[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Like last time, Lai Ju triggered her Ki, and you felt the pressure in the air when she did.

Eris began casting a familiar spell, one that she had used the previous hour. "Oh Darkness. May this begotten might fill oneself with the dread power of darkness. Consume my body as even as it builds upon its strength. Unholy Might." You felt yourself grow stronger.

Filiane hols her action until she catches sight of the creatures.

QuoteFred to take turn.

Initiative order: Lai Ju: 32, Eris Alaster: 23, Fred: 15, Lai Fen: 12, Reptilian Creatures: 7, Filiane: 7
Combat Log
[spoiler]Surprise Round
? attacks Eris. Eris takes damage.
Eris moves 120 ft. back towards group. Appears in front of you.
Round 1
Lai Ju swift action Focused Breathing, Standard action Ki release, move action: back 10 ft.
Eris standard action Unholy Might on Fred.
[/spoiler]

Status
Lai Fen: [include u=2]KP: 22/33, Current KP Regen: 7[/include] Uninjured, Refreshed, flat-footed
Lai Ju: [include u=2]KP: 15/26, Current KP Regen: 7[/include] Uninjured, Refreshed, affected by Focused Breathing, Ki Release, Body Strengthening III, Body Armoring II, and Hardened Body I
Fred: Uninjured, Slightly Tired, affected by Unholy Might
Filiane: Uninjured, Tired
Eris: Slightly Injured, Slightly Tired,
Reptilian  Creature 1: Uninjured
Reptilian  Creature 2: Uninjured

QuoteExploration Log
Go Explore, success. Now in Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1.
Filiane succeeds to create map of Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1.
[/spoiler]

Current Area: Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1
Current Time: 6 PM
Roles & Formation

Areas
Area: Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1, Mapped, contains crystal oozes