[Hanako] Chapter 12.5 - Golem Experimentation

Started by Asta, July 09, 2019, 08:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

Date: Day 14 - Late Afternoon/Early Evening

After a short discussion on her planned excursion to the mine tomorrow morning, Hanako thought it best to do a little preparation. She had recently come into possession of a particular power which allowed her to create automatons from magic and materials in her immediate area but was unsure of the specific extent of the ability. When she fist experimented with the "blessing" her status window referred to as "Golemancy"she had gone for broke and managed to create a perfect replica of her own form. Needless to say, all other curiosity was thrown aside at that point and she had failed to see what else the power could do. Now that she had a little down time, and a need to be prepared for the possibility of adventure (here meaning a violent death) she thought it an appropriate moment to revisit the ability in earnest.

Hanako slunk around the mansion searching for a private location where she could be free to experiment without interruption, eventually settling on the area in the garden where she had created Jitsuko, her homunculus doppelganger, only a few days prior. After taking a moment to ensure nobody was around she set to work.

[info]Hanako will attempt to use her Golemancer ability to summon a series of level appropriate golems primarily composed of earth and whatever else is required to create them. She'll check her status window after each golem to see how much MP they cost. One golem she will attempt to create will be fashioned to try and fit the "tank" role archetype (i.e. higher hp, more durable, etc), the other will be more focused on attacking.[/info]

Throndir

QuoteWe'll do this one at a time, but I'll prioritize this thread to the top of my queue, since it's blocking your primary one.

You began experimenting. You focused on the spot on the floor, and pictured an earth golem. The ability pulled up the earth. Rocks, sands, clay, and stone were balled up and began to swirl then in front of you. Then a green translucent window appeared.

[okay]Golem Creation
STR: 0 +
DEX: 0 +
CON: 0 +
Size: - Medium +
Ability Points Remaining: 50
Materials Used: Earth: Rocks, Earth: Sand, Earth: Clay
Add Materials: Bush Wood, Tree Wood, Masonry Stone, Cobblestone <List Truncated>
MP Cost: 20 MP[/okay]This was new. It didn't appear for your homunculus creation. Back then, you had simply willed it into being, and it had formed itself from scratch, back then too, you were simply going for an exact replica of yourself, so perhaps that had something to do with it. Checking your 'Status', it had gone down 5 MP. The plus icons on the numbers were familiar, as it was similar to your own Status screen. There were some differences however. It looks like Size was a toggle-able option. Since you had first thought of 'Earth', it seems under Materials Used, 'earth' was already selected. Though, under Add Materials, it listed a few choices, but focusing on '<List Truncated>', brought up a much more detailed list of every kind of material around you. It didn't seem to be limited around the room either. Horrifically, there were options such as 'Flesh' on it, appended by the names of soldiers you recognized.

Asta

"That's new... Let's see... It costs mana to start the construction, and then more to complete it." Hanako mused aloud to herself.

She decided to see how the mana cost would change if the size were altered, settled on medium, added cobblestones to where its hands might be if it were human shaped, and manipulated its ability scores to read 20 strength, 20 constitution, and 10 dexterity.

"How about that?" she said, finalizing the concept of the golem.

Throndir

Once you confirmed it, the mass of swirling materials turned into a golem. It was around the size of a well-built human, made primarily from the earth materials of Klein's estate's yard, which was primarily clay, soil, rocks, and other loose earths, but the hard cobblestone that you used for its hands looked sturdy. Another thing you noted was that the cobblestone looked like it was merged all into one piece. The stone itself seemed to move freely as if it wasn't made out of stone. It was still just as hard as you would expect however.

The golem didn't seem to have any eyes, however, you had a similar link to it as you did with Jitsuko. Any simple thought made the golem move how you wanted it to move.

Lastly, the moment this was created, the menu changed.

[okay]Create New Golem
Recreate Previous Golem
Golem List
[Dismiss][/okay]

Asta

"Oh ho..." Hanako exclaimed, marveling at her handiwork. She stood a few feet away from her newly created golem and then commanded it to punch at the air as fast as it was able.

"ORA ORA ORA ORA ORAAAA~!" she shouted along with each punch, "Kore ga watashi no sutando, Hanoi Rocks!!! WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY~!!!!"

After her moment of middle school 2nd grade syndrome she gave a small cough, ceased the golem's punching and set to seeing what "Golem List" had to offer.

Throndir

Just as you expected, the golem began to punch the air in front of it. It actually did it pretty fast, you were certain that anyone on the receiving end would have felt the hurt from it. When you opened up Golem List, the menu changed.

[okay]Functioning Golems:
Name        Status      Charge State
Jitsuko     Uninjured   Charged
Yard Golem  Uninjured   Charged

Inactive Golems:
None

[Create Group][Charge All Golems]
[/okay]

Asta

"Hmmm... Define Charged?" Hanako asked the menu, though she didn't expect an answer.

Throndir

When you focused on Charged, another pop up appeared.

[okay]Focus on Charged
Functioning state of golem. State will continually drain. Inactive golems need to be charged.[/okay]

Asta

"I see... I wonder if that mean's even Jitsuko will need to be charged eventually...? What depletes charges, and what happens to an inactive golem?" Hanako asked the status window.

Throndir

Asking the questions helped you focus on each of the words you had seen, and soon enough new popups appeared, giving a quick definition of what you were seeing.

[okay]Focus on Drain
Charged MP drains in relation to size of golem.

Focus on Inactive Golem
A golem where all functions and reactions cease until recharged.[/okay]

Asta

"Mmmm... can I see the charges represented numerically?" Hanako probed.

Throndir

The original behind the popup notifications changed.

[okay]Functioning Golems:
Name        Status      Charge State
Jitsuko     Uninjured   60/60
Yard Golem  Uninjured   20/20

Inactive Golems:
None

[Create Group][Charge All Golems]
[/okay]

Asta

"Hmm... I guess that's all I really need to know... Oh, what happens when I dismiss a golem?" she asked, realizing it was probably a pretty important thing to know.

Throndir

When you thought about the idea of 'dismissing', such as perhaps willing out of existence, or even somehow removing them, the same pop up for 'inactive golems' appeared.

[okay]Focus on Inactive Golem
A golem where all functions and reactions cease until recharged.[/okay]

Asta

"Guess that just makes them inactive. Either way, I think I know enough now." Hanako said to no one, then dismissed the "Yard Golem". "We should probably get to bed Jitsuko."