[Diane] Chapter 2: The Hero's Home

Started by Throndir, June 02, 2019, 12:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteOODM: Slight color change for Maban to differentiate him better from his brother.

Maban chuckled softly. "To be perfectly honest, though Kenver is my twin brother, we're actually quite different. I do care and love my brother for who he is though, yet, if given the choice, I would personally prefer if we are all to stay here. Kenver no doubt would look forward to adventures of course, but for me, leading the people that I care about is the journey that I chose for myself. That said... apart from the villagers, those people that I care about would be you and Kenver. You can be sure that I would follow after you and Kenver, if only to pull you the both of you out of that trouble once you get into it. We may even run into our sister out there." He laughed softly.

"Besides, I can always do mayor work after all this is done."

Anima mea

Diane nods, glad she's at least getting some straight answers.  She half turns, exposing half of her face to the sun and leave half of it shadowed.  He looks out of the corner of her eye at Maban again, "Perhaps you could tell me what Kenver would say to being released from your obligation to me.  And naturally, what you think you'd do if released, at least as far as your reaction."  Turning to face Maban fully, Diane smirks and leans over and kisses his forehead lightly.  "Surely you'd be able to answer that for me hmm?"

Throndir

QuoteNote it's 9 PM, so there's actually no sun out. Sunset for fall-time season usually is earlier as well.

Both Maban and Kenver were on the taller-side. But seeing your action, he did slightly lower his head a bit. Maban smiled gently, a faint blush on his cheeks. "You honor me, hero. But I can tell you now that if we were released with our obligations, we would still follow. This is something that generations of my family have maintained and prepared for. I would do them a disservice if I would do otherwise, even if it's not for me, or for you specifically, it would still be for my ancestors before me."

Anima mea

"You are duty bound like a knight in the old fairy tales in my world," she smiles tiredly and turns, the moon and star light lighting the room some.  "I love the night, Maban, the world is painted in white light from the stars and moon.  It is rather stark and simple, black and white. Well, that and the multitude of grey shades.  I love the world as such.  Life is simpler, at least it seems so."  Shaking her head she turns, "I am sorry, I have kept you from whatever you might have to do after you showed me here.  Please, go have some me time and I will get some sleep.  I feel terrible that I took up so much of your time, at least as far as having a life of your own"

Throndir

"My dear hero Diane, please do not say you're sorry, I and my brother exist here to serve. Now, enjoy the rest of your evening, if you need anything, my brother or I will likely be up for another hour or two to take care of things for the journey tomorrow. Otherwise... I'll see you tomorrow morning." Maban said as he bowed his head and began to leave.

Anima mea

Smiling, she covers a yawn, "Thank you,  but this day has been trying and honestly, I am still not convinced that slipping away in the no..but and leading Kayden and her retinue away from here isn't a bad thing."  Turning and looking at the bed she yawns louder, "I think sleep is what is called for.  So I bid you good night dear boy."