[Diane] Chapter 2: The Hero's Home

Started by Throndir, June 02, 2019, 12:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

When you attempted to reshape your words, you received a couple of new notifications.

[okay]Silent invocation not yet unlocked.
Ability not yet unlocked.
You have gained a new title 『Attempted Divinity』
You have gained +1 WIS[/okay]
Maban smiled gently. "If only... If we could do that and stop their war... Maybe this world can divert its resources into sending everyone back to where they belong." He shook his head. "To be honest, their way doesn't interest my brother and I as much. We only know what we were able to pick up, but we never really sat and talked with Kayden about it... I know there's some demon lord controlling much of the wars on the demon's side, but apart from that, we've just been focused on our village here. We have a large amount of reparations to pay back to the Felencorp actually. But... with your summoning, it won't be too long until we're done."

Anima mea

She nods, debating just how much she wants to share with Maban about what she just experienced.  Smiling at the thought of the village being almost done with the reparations, she would almost look dopey.  She decides to step out on the ledge and try, "Can I ask you about something and it stay between us?  I need advice and well, I've never been a wizard before so."

She steps back from Maban and verbally speaks the word [Reshape] again, this time towards the water, her mind forming it in a visible cone of energy that radiates outward, like expanding circles.  After this is done, she looks at Maban, "I've tried twice now to turn a spoken word into an object, first a knife and just now a cone of physical noise. Has anyone that you know of ever used sound as a magic?"

Throndir

When you attempted to use your ability on the water, a notification appeared.

[okay]Ability not yet unlocked, physical touch required.[/okay]
Maban shook his head. "I've never heard of manipulating sound as magic before... There's tales of other strange magic... And I've heard stories that the demons employ strange magic of their own too. But from what I know magic comes in elemental forms." Maban explained.

Anima mea

"I guess I will have to work that out maybe.  Elemental magic, that could be fun.  Is there a guild here I could go to and check on some of my I guess upgrade points I gained when I came to this world?" Shrugging she looks at the bath and begins to inspect her clothing to see if she still has on earlier outfit or something new to go with the lack of work hardened hands and calluses.

Throndir

Maban furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean by upgrade points? I understand the meaning of the words... But... what do you mean? As for a guild... if you mean the Guild. Our village never had one. However... There's been talk of the Guild of this world setting up a guild branch here in this village. Especially with your summoning, Chynance has become 'more on the map' so to speak by the rest of the alliance. However, it's usually just been the major cities to be able to be granted those guild crystal orbs that find out your own stats. Things like levels and other attributes. Usually only adventurers bother with it, as they keep with them a meticulous recording of the deeds they've done in order to 'rank up' in the Guild. The closest Guild branch that might have one of those crystal orbs is the same trade capital that Kayden wants you to visit..." He stood by thoughtfully for a moment, pausing his work in heating the pool. "I could perhaps try making use of my connections with other priests and priestesses faithful to the goddess who might be able to convince our future guild branch here in Chynance to have an orb. However, that battle might be hard to fight, as we'd need a viable reason for adventurers to roam around this village."

Anima mea

"I see,"  Diane looks at Maban and then up at the sky, her eyes taking in unfamiliar constellations.   Taking a deep breath, she smiles and sits down.   She begins to take off her shoes and socks. Dangling  her feet into a pool, before realizing she needs to roll up her pants legs.

Throndir

Location: New World - Chynance Village - Hero's Home - Bath House
Date: Day 1 - 7:15 PM

The water was warm, on the hotter side than cool, but still bearable, and in a few more minutes Maban would have finished preparing the bath altogether. With the fall season breeze, the warmthness of the pool was quite pleasant.

"Well, hero Diane..." Maban said as he bowed one more time formally towards you. "The towels will be here on this bench. And we have a change of clothes for you as well if you choose to wear them, I'll bring a couple of sets out in that room over there."  Maban said pointing to a small changing room. That said... Your own clothes are quite... unique. And I doubt Kayden would mind either."[/glow] With that Maban turned to leave.

Soon enough you were left alone with nothing but the cool breeze, the warm water, and the pleasant lights and atmosphere of the bath itself. There were trees that surrounded the estate, blocking the view of much of the village and places beyond, so it made it seem as if you were truly more isolated. This was an entire bathhouse reserved just for you. Places like these even back in your own world were harder to find, much less having it for yourself as well.

QuoteLet me know if you have any plans or actions while taking your bath.

Anima mea

Diane smiles and nods to Maban, "Thank you Maban, you have been wonderful.  If you will bring me something to wear that's roughly my size, I'll wear it until I can wash my own."  She waits until he's out of range and grabs the towel, heading over to the changing room.  She undresses, and replaces her clothing with a towel wrapped around her body.  Walking out in just the towel, she feels a bit giddy, but manages to not blush.  Walking over to the pool she was at before, she steps into the water, shedding the towel before it gets wet and is soon shoulder deep in the water.  A soft sigh escapes her lips as she just stands in deeper end of the pool's water. 

Throndir

Location: New World - Chynance Village - Hero's Home - Bath House
Date: Day 1 - 7:45 PM

The evening went by peacefully. The next 30 minutes was spent in quiet relaxation with nothing but nature all around you. The cool breeze continued to blow through the area, gently caressing your face and blowing through your hair. While the sound of village life had been getting quieter and quieter, as most people were simply finishing up their own meals, or spending it with their friends and family in the village. The feel of the warm, not quite scalding water was pleasant and as you submerged yourself, the warm and comforting sensation enveloped your body. Heated not by heating coils powered by electricity, but seemingly by magic. Created and given form from wherever it had come from.

It was a different experience to be sure. Your life as a high school student and part-time mechanic has indeed changed. Gone was the daily work of bringing in homework after school or painstakingly spending time on studying the material for that upcoming test. Waking for school as early as 7 AM to prepare for your trip to classes that day; the lectures, classwork, and learning in that academic environment. Gone too was the part time work you did as a mechanic. What kind of mechanics did they even have in this new world in the first place? Your classmates, teachers, and neighbors were far far away. Who even knew if you could ever see them again: your family, your parents, grampy.

You heard some movement coming from the entrance to the large building. And shortly after that, though you didn't see him due to the privacy walls in place, you heard him. "Food's almost done... Also we have Gerens at our door, saying he had been invited to supper?" Maban asked to confirm. "We wouldn't mind of course, but wanted to double check with you, hero Diane. Also I'll leave the clothing rack here. Just choose what you'd like. Take your time, Kenver still needs to do the final touches."

Anima mea

After dozing for what seemed like an hour to her despite having been half that time, Diane comes back to reality when Maban speaks up.  She grins, "I did invite Geren, I am sorry I didnt consult you guys first. I will start getting out and drying off in a moment and join you.  Thank you again Maban, this is just what I needed after today.  Maybe once I get the hang of things in this world I can build you something, and Kenver too for your hospitality.  I cannot imagine it will be a full repayment, but it is something I know I can do.  Maybe..yes that would be delightful!" As she gets out and starts to dry off, heading to the rack, gets what should be loose fitting clothing and heads to the changing room.  As she changes she makes sure to grab her bra, much as she might want it washed, until she had another one or something close to it, she wanted it at hand.  Once outfitted in the mostly brown and white clothing, she divided at least she looked good in a peasant blouse or as close as this one was.

Throndir

"Alright, we'll let him in then. And fear not! Both my brother and I are here to serve you, not the other way around." Maban called out. You didn't actually see him as he kept himself before the privacy screen. He eventually leaves, as you began to get yourself dried and dressed.

Once you were finished dressing, you caught the scent of food. There was also some dialogue coming from the mansion, but it was too far for you to make it out.

Anima mea

When she was fully dressed, not all that comfortable with a skirt, but thinking the skirt a better choice than the pants, which she did not think would fit her properly as she is a bit thicker through the butt and legs than most women she had seen wearing pants in this world.  She walks out, here dark hair almost black with it still being damp.  She reaches back and wrings it out as much as she can, but gives up after a few minutes.

When she takes a deep breath, she smells the food and starts to follow the scent towards what she suspected would be the kitchen.  When she arrives, she smiles and begins to look around for a clock, albeit a larger one than she normally sees to be sure, an idea popping into her head about making clockwork sculptures for the boys as a way to say thank you for helping her.  Or maybe making a large clockwork sculpture for the entire village.  She begins to think and starts to look for something to draw on and with again.

Throndir

Inside the home, there were no clocks, in fact, you hadn't seen one at all since coming here. There were many rooms to the large building however, it even had multiple floors. So far, you had only been taken around the first floor, and now the back. The food did waft in through the kitchen, but it seems most of it was brought to the dining room as well. With the stove-top being out of commission, it looked like Kenver mainly used the kitchen to prepare the food and finalize the finishing touches. It looked like the rest of them were in the dining room, as you could hear their voices.

QuoteHaven't created an estate map yet, but it's on my to-do list. You can choose to spend time looking for paper and writing material however, that'll take around 15 minutes to walk through the mansion and briefly look around if you'd like.

Anima mea

Finding the kitchen empty of people, she shrugs and then continues to follow the smells into the dining room and smiles, her stomach growling loudly at this point, still having not spotted a clock at this point. "That smells great! I'm starving and this looks like it will hit the spot." Taking a place at one side of the table where one is available, she grins, "So what do we have here?"  Turning and looking at Geren she smiles, "I'm glad you could come."

Throndir

Location: New World - Chynance Village - Hero's Home - Dining Room
Date: Day 1 - 8:00 PM

The dining room was one of the wings to the mansion, it was about 25 ft. wide, and 60 ft. across. There were 5 long tables, each table being able to seat 12 people. However, with only the two mayors, Kayden, Hunt, Gerens, and you, only the nearest table was used. It being one of the more informal gatherings. Arrayed out on one of the tables was a variety of food. Many of the dishes looked western, but you couldn't help but notice a few dishes that was perhaps of other nationalities. There was more than enough food for everyone seated at the table. None of the food presented looked particularly difficult to make. Stews, vegetables, and meats. Though, there were dishes that looked like tofu, and even some breaded food. This at least told you that they ha a concept of frying.

[

Kenver was beaming proudly when you finally appeared in your simple brown and white dress. "My hero, and lady, Diane." Kenver began. "I hope the bath prepared by my dear brother was to your fancy. And I hope the food I've prepared is to your liking as well." Kenver bowed. It was a typical western bow, complete with a flourish of his hand in presentation of the food on the table. "Many of these dishes are from my own world, the world Chynance came from. There are other dishes too for Kayden's people. Lastly, there are some recipes from other countries as well... We've been preparing for this meal for the last few weeks, and I can assure you these are the finest ingredients I was able to find."

Gerens nodded appreciatively at the food, and at you as well for welcoming him while Maban began to pour a red-colored liquid into wine glasses.

"Yes, and I've brought a map too that we can take a look at later if you'd like. I'll need this one back though, since I plan to use it for my trip. But thank you hero. It's a great honor for me to sit down and dine with the hero, the two mayors, and the representatives from the alliance."

Eventually Maban made his way to you, and proceeded to hand you one of the wine glasses as well.