[Diane] Chapter 2: The Hero's Home

Started by Throndir, June 02, 2019, 12:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Date: Day 1 - 5:20 PM - 6:19 PM

"I know of iron, coal, and steel. But... Solfur?" He asked, pronouncing the strange word. "I haven't heard of that before. Is it a material back in your own world then? I wouldn't even begin to know how to start getting that. There isn't much trade... but I pay attention to the traders that do come to town though. For the most part our village doesn't get much trade at all, even though we're near the center of this country. At least our roads are busy with traders passing by, but nothing really convinces them to setup shop due to the fact we really have nothing to offer except for our Inn and Tavern."

"If you're looking for iron, our smith will have some. Steel is made in a much smaller quantity though, but I already made plans with him to sell the weapons on his behalf at the closest city of the Felencorp."

Date: Day 1 - 6:19 PM

When you reached over to kiss him on the forehead, Hunt blushed fiercely. "I'm not actually very good at fighting... Kay-Kay tells me I just need to practice more... But I can spar! It would help me get better too!" He forced a smile. "But you're a great hero! A lot of other heroes are in denial sometimes... especially the first few days... but you already started trying to help everyone. There was a story Kay-Kay told me before of a mad hero that even our knights couldn't handle." He looked down. "Umm... I admit I was kinda scared because of stories I heard from that mad hero... but hero..." He looked up towards you, then began to reach his arms out.

QuoteHunt attempts to hug you, any resistance and he'll stop.

"... I'm glad you're a nice one."

Date: Day 1 - 6:20 PM

The knight took the branch, and looked it over. "It can do as a weapon if it came for it, but it's thin in various places and would break down in a few hard swings." The knight said. "If a staff is your preferred weapon though, we have that along with many others that we've brought with us. There is also an artifact that our kingdom has prepared for you back in the capital." There was a slight glare from Kenver towards Kayden, but Kenver chose not to say anything. Kayden chose to ignore it as well. "If you would like, after your bath and dinner, I could show you the weapons. Are you well-versed in martial combat and weaponry?" Kayden asked.

Both men blushed when you reached over to kiss them lightly on the cheek. Kenver recovered quicker than Maban. "A workshop... It doesn't quite have one of those, but it wouldn't take much work to convert one of the existing rooms." Kenver mentioned. "We've maintained the home for generations now. And of course my brother and I would rebuild sections of it when we need to, much like our ancestors in the past. The priests of Chynance village have guarded that summoning circle for hundreds of years."

"I'll lead the way then... When we get there, I'll prepare the bath." Maban said as he began to walk away from the rest, beckoning everyone to follow him.

"I'll stop by my camp while you freshen up, hero Diane." Kayden said. "I'll have a few of my fellow knights bring a selection of weapons and armors. Though if there are any you are most interested in, that would work as well. Some of the armors might not fit the best... But we can have you fitted later."

"I should be the one thanking you!" Gerens said one more time as he waved you goodbye. "I'll be here for a couple more days, but with the wagon fixed... I think I can bump up my departure. I'll make sure to visit." He said, smiling warmly.

Date: Day 1 - 6:20 PM - 6:40 PM

QuoteFeel free to ask any questions in the journey. Otherwise, they'll continue in silence, with occasional breaks of greetings from other townsfolk to both you, and the two priests. Unless otherwise stated, Maban would be in the lead, followed by you and Kenver, lastly Kayden and Hunt will bring up the rear.

Date: Day 1 - 6:40 PM

As you went through town, you realized that you were headed towards the two largest buildings in the entire village. These made use of bricks and stone as well, compared to the rest of the village which stuck with wood, occasional bricks, and usually having a thatched roof on top. Soon enough you were there. The largest building had three floors altogether where most of the other homes in the village had a single floor. There were many windows across the square building, and a tower seemed to protrude from the top of it as well. Towards the side there was a section that looked to be a stable. While further back and behind was evidence of another small building behind it.

Next to the large building was one that looked like a chapel of some sort. There was a tower attached to it, and in its yard to the side was a variety of grave markers. This building, like the larger one next to it, had its own proper roofing, and was also made out of bricks.

"Welcome to your new home." Kenver said proudly as he pointed towards the largest building. "The work of generations of my family..."

Anima mea

Speaking with Geren, "I would suggest holding off on getting anything yet, but I wouldn't turn down knowing where to get them if needed dear friend.  Also, if I can get the map, please come by the house they've built for me and we'll discuss things such as potential supply lines and lines of trade?"

Diane hugs Hunt tightly, "Is it ok if I treat you like the little brother I never had? And how do you know I'm not mad hmm?" She grins at him.

"I would prefer to try all sorts of weapons and armors before I settle on one.  I don't have any training otherwise, except how to swing a sledge hammer to break concrete and if needed, to the parts from an engine when they are otherwise being stubborn.  So a selection of weapons and armor would be best."

As they walk along a plethora of questions flow from her mouth, "What kind of geography is most common in this region?  What other countries are around us and how close are they?  What kind of help can you give me in materials and support for projects that could benefit Felencorp as a nation in whatever battles they are fighting.  I will also require you to provide me with a full workshop outside the house, more like an enlarged smithy, with multiple forges, and a team of smiths.  I think I can introduce to your people the steam engine all sorts of other technology.  And I'll need lots of coal and charcoal.  I think I can produce something that will without much effort past the normal, give you hot water most any time you want it, make grindstones move on their own in a steady pace.  I can even potentially make a wagon that can move without horses even on even terrain."

When they get to the house, both of her eyebrows raise almost to the sky, "I think perhaps you were expecting a hero of a much needier persuasion."  She looks around and then looks over at the small church.  And despite how nice it sounds to get cleaned up her face takes on a solemn look.   She looks at the three of them and then sighs, "I.  I need five minutes alone in the church.  I know it sounds horrible for me to ask, but there is something I have to sort out for myself."  She turns and walks towards the church her gait alters and she starts running, the enormity of everything fully hitting her as she does.  Not making it to the church, she runs through the graveyard and trips and falls.  Without a thought, she gets to her knees and begins to pray in a whisper, "Gaia, I know that's not your name, but I need a sign, guidance, something.  I'm in a world where magic is a thing and I've been taught my whole life it's blasphemous.  I just need to know, is this a gift you've given me and as such not blasphemous or should I just follow my path as I've always done?"  These whispered words come out around sobs and eventually, she just passes out right there in the graveyard, the grass soft enough to keep her from getting too hurt.

Throndir

"Supply lines..." Gerens grinned. "I'm glad you share in the optimism! I have yet to start this new journey in my life as a merchant... But yes, I do wish to open an entire trade fleet one day! Hah... We shall see anyways. When that time comes, I could indeed more easily help you in figuring out where to get all of this, but as it stands... compared with the other merchants of Felencorp I would be at a disadvantage. I'll come over though later in the evening. Once you get that wagon fixed up, and hopefully when those people arguing still up on that hill come down, there's a few rounds I need to make with some of the craftsmen in the village... But I'll swing by the Hero's Home after. Perhaps I'll be in time for dinner!" He grinned.

He glanced back towards the hill in the distance. "Like most villagers here, I hope our two mayors get along with Kayden and the other knights soon. Sure, the reparations are a burden to everyone, and the Angwin brothers know this the most, probably, but it doesn't do anyone good butting heads with the Felencorp representatives all the time."

The boy hugged you tight. "Well... Anyone who can hug a person can't be mad Miss Diane! Kay-Kay doesn't like hugs. But hugs are always so warm, so I don't see why not!" Hunt said cheerily as he smiled brightly, but then he paused and frowned. "Not Miss Diane... Big sister Diane?" Hunt said hesitatingly as he pulled away from the hug, his eyes seeking approval.

"Hmm... We'll have you start with hammers then, but us knights have been preparing for your arrival, so we have plenty of different types of armors and weapons for you to try."

As the questions came in, it was mainly Kayden who answered most of them, being the most familiar with it all.

Quote"What kind of geography is most common in this region?"

"The geography is varied... I was told over a hundred years ago before the war had started, much of Felothia were plains, forests, and rolling hills. However, since the 'Shifting' had occurred, that brings in countries, villages, and new lands... Things are no longer clear cut. There are sections where a single mountain would appear surrounded by plains... Or even a dens and thick forest where once a large lake had stood. There is a little bit of everything now... There were places that had been jungles too that came in through the Shifting, though, with our temperate climates here, those ares tend to eventually die out, or freeze over the winter."

Quote"What other countries are around us and how close are they?"

"We are in the Northern Felencorp United Alliance. Before the war started, we were called the Kingdom of Felothia. But our nations had since become... more like a congregation of many many other micro nations and villages, such as Chynance, who are not from this world. In fact... Though I am a Knight of Felothia, my grandparents had been from a different world, one called Elodria. But around... 90 years ago the city they were living in found itself here, in the New World. To the north of our country is the Antwarch Dragonknight Kingdom. One of the other original inhabitants of our world. Their territories used to span all the way to the western coast. To our west is the Isikawa Sovereignty. That entire country appeared here in the New World perhaps two or three decades ago. To our southwest is the Kingdom of Bürsteig. A country that appeared here just a year ago. To our south is the Darmona Kingdom. A land ruled by monsters, that appeared here perhaps two... or three years ago at most. Lastly is the Baolong Dynasty a country that appeared here about three or four decades ago. In a way... Our piece of the Felencorp United Alliance is safely cushioned from the rest of these buffer countries, which allows our nation to handle most of the trade and commerce that go out to our neighbors. That said, our country too boast the largest armies, and most of the logistics in place for the war effort. We primarily help our allies on the war fronts to our south and east."

Quote"What kind of help can you give me in materials and support for projects that could benefit Felencorp as a nation in whatever battles they are fighting."

"Primarily you would have access to any training that we can give you, knowledge in our libraries, then of course tutors that you may need. Heroes are granted the blessings of the goddess, and our two priests here will likely help explore that with you. If not, we have able priests and scholars back in the capital that would help figure out what blessings you were provided. After that, our country as a whole can determine where best you fit. Apart from that, keep in mind he war's been plaguing this world for over a century now, in bursts and segments of peace and all out conflict. We can help provide what little we have, but most of the country's resources goes to the war effort. However... Depending on what blessings you were granted, you may be able to help procure resources from the other countries that were shifted here, that either refuse to grant us aid in the war effort, or have been proving difficult in getting their aid in war." The knight paused. "True, many nations and peoples who find themselves here in that phenomenon called the Shifting are very much not likely to aid in a war that was never theirs... But the demons are a threat to all humans and demihumans in this world... To let solely the knights of Felothia deal with that burden is but cowardice on their part."

Quote"I will also require you to provide me with a full workshop outside the house, more like an enlarged smithy, with multiple forges, and a team of smiths."

"As for a team of smiths... This may be difficult, as most craftsmen and smiths are already employed by our country in order to continually produce enough arms and weaponry for the conflict. But again, if you can prove to be an asset in this area, my superiors may grant it. But as I mentioned before, it solely depends on your blessings too and where my superiors believe you would be most beneficial in the war."

Quote"I think I can introduce to your people the steam engine all sorts of other technology.  And I'll need lots of coal and charcoal.  I think I can produce something that will without much effort past the normal, give you hot water most any time you want it, make grindstones move on their own in a steady pace.  I can even potentially make a wagon that can move without horses even on even terrain."

"That is intriguing... Though I admit that sounds something our scholars and mages would be more interested in. Water and even hot water isn't something that worries most people, as that could be done by a spell... However, there's many that do not bother with learning how to use magic, so may indeed be beneficial to them. Grindstones that move on their own is intriguing as well... It sounds like it can be done with earth magic, though I haven't heard of any amazing works such as those since the Idorian Magic Kingdom had fallen a decade ago. Theirs was a city full of magical equipment that they called 'magitools'. Our own countries mages are not as skilled in the craft as the Idorian mages, so for us, it's a craft that we've never managed to master."

Date: Day 1 - 6:45 PM

The rest nodded at your request. Kayden and Hunt both started their journey towards the knight's camp to retrieve armor and weaponry. Maban mentioned that he'd start preparing the bath. Lastly, Kenver said he'll start preparing the food. With that, you made your way to the church.

Once you had passed out, you felt the cool sensation of fingertips touching your cheek.

Not only that, everything around you was deathly still. The leaves and shrubbery around you which had once been lightly moving due to a light breeze were static. The feel of wind across your face and body was non-existent. The sounds of village life or even of birds chirping and other wildlife was completely silent. The silence was broken by a familiar voice. The voice of the one who's fingers ad lightly touched your cheek: the green-haired armored woman who you have taken to calling 'Gaia'. Though the orange illumination of the evening skies covered the area in the warm light, the armored woman still looked like she was glowing. It wasn't overtly obvious, but it was more akin to looking much more vibrant than the rest of her surroundings. She had the same gentle smile on her features just as you had remembered.

"That path you follow now... Tell me Diane, what is it?"

Anima mea

Diane's eyes light up as Geren seems to grasp what she has in mind.  She winks, "I want to get you guys up and moving as fast as I can, maybe even leading a revolution in making the world different and new."

Looking down at Hunt she smiles, "Yes, big sister Diane.  If that's ok with you?" He actually looks like she may very well be looking at her own little brother, if she had one.

Listening to Kayden explain everything she's asked about she simply nods, `k"I think we need to get you guys up and running so that other nations pay you for goods they don't have, giving you more money to put into the war effort.  Although, I suppose that I could also make steam engines that are built into an armored frame that allows you to move troops with the engines while protecting them.  Heck, depending on if you have gun powder, I could even make rifles, pistols, cannons and arm those troop carriers with a movable cannon as well." 

"I believe that you'll find that I can bring about an industrial revolution for your country and it's member nations.  If I can work with some of your wizards I can potentially fuse the technology I'm describing with magic and make it far more efficient.  I will need to work with someone to see what processes we can combined together naturally."

Waking up to the world that Gaia inhabits again, she looks up at the goddess and as she readjusts to being in this world, at least partly.  She sits up slowly and looks around for a moment, "My path is that of a mechanic, an every day person with the knowledge of how to analyze situations and use tools to work on machines.  I wasn't raised to see magic as allowable.  I mean, in my culture magic is against the rules of religion.  For God....er...goodness sake, there was a point where we drowned and burned people who did magic."  She sighs softly and looks at Gaia, "I am sorry to bother you, I just need to know, is magic going to send me to damnation?  Will I be punished for using it?  I am honestly just trying to reconcile myself to this world and magic is part of my religion and honestly, it logically doesn't fit.  So, is magic bad in this world as it is in mine?"

Throndir

"Thank you, hero." Gerens smiled.

The boy nods brightly. "Of course big sister Diane!"

"A steam engine...? I admit I do not understand what you mean. Some sort of creation that makes use of steam? And gunpowder?" Kayden asked again. "Wizards... an interesting way to call them, but I suppose the majority of them are." The knight continued nodding to themselves. "Though I myself can use some magic."

It was then than Maban spoke who had been listening in on the conversation.

"If it's magic, we can teach you that, too. There's many things about being a hero that we need to teach you, but let's have you get used to everything tonight... And maybe tomorrow we can start."

"Yes... Or start training in weaponry."

"Diane's knowledge for what a hero is should come first." Kenver immediately said, to which Kayden simply waved a dismissing hand.

"In your previous world, magic was indeed something not looked upon favorably. However... here, it is different. Not only in idealogic views, but in terms of study and what is part of everyday life. So... let's study it as a mechanic. Much like the scientists, engineers, and mechanics of your world, take the mysteries around you and dissect it until you understand how it works. In Earth's history, sickness was once a mystery, pathogens weren't something that was even conceivable then. Yet in your current age they've created ways to alleviate or even cure them altogether. There are similar stories to other such fields...  Biology, botany, genetics, geology, paleontology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, engineering... just to name a few. In each of these fields were advances in the human knowledge of how the mysteries of the world worked."

"You are one who works with tools, right? That power that changes the environment around you, one called 'magic', is but another one of those tools. At least here in this world, it is there, and it is around you. It's something that can be seen, observed, and then measured and calculated. But it is up to you with how you accept it, if at all. In your own world's history, chemistry was one considered a kind of magic; something to be feared of or considered the occult. Yet to those that studied it, they themselves considered it as a science. Thus as the centuries went on, that craft soon came to be dissected, understood, and even acknowledged by the rest of the populace. And in the end... you have science."

"It is the nature of man to consider what they don't understand as something more mystical than what they truly are. If anything your Earth's history has shown that. And here... a different world of Earth, though they may follow a similar path, it is different too. Only you can choose your own path. Only you can decide what anything ever means to you." The girl smiled gently.

"I must be off, but can I give thee a parting a gift?"

Anima mea

Diane holds up a hand to the three of them, "I will need some rest before I start learning much of anything.  I think that perhaps an early morning run to wake me up and then we can proceed from there?  Some time learning what it means to be a hero and some time spent learning martial matters.  I am suprisingly focused, but I do have my limits."

Listening to the goddess, she nods at each point, her attention fully on the being.  When Gaia stops talking, she gets still and even allows her breathing to slow as she takes it all in.  When Gaia asks her question, she shakes her head, "You've given me insight, what more could I ask of you?"  She walks over and hugs Gaia tightly, provided she's allowed to. 

Throndir

The moment you began to walk towards her with the intent to hug her. The being smiled gently as the armor she wore simply disappeared, replaced with a flowing white robe. Without the bulk of her armor, helmet, or weapon, she looked a lot more fragile and gentler. She wasn't particularly tall either, and her youthful looks made her look to be 18 at the youngest, or perhaps somewhere in the early 20s.

She accepted the hug graciously, the lady's arms gently wrapping themselves around you as the being closed her eyes to enjoy the moment. Finally, before you pulled away, you felt a light kiss on you cheek. And at the same time time, even if you had your eyes closed, you would have seen a translucent green window appear with two text notifications in it.

[okay]You have gained a new title『Kissed by the Divine』
You have gained +1 CHA[/okay]"For your humbleness then, a favor I shall grant thee." The woman you were holding in the hug started to shimmer and become translucent, and a moment later completely disappeared. The leaves and shrubbery around you began to move again, being rustled by the gentle light breeze that blew through the village. You felt again the cool feeling of the wind flowing around you, and so too did you start to hear the sounds of village life once again. The sounds of a smith clanging on something, children shouting and playing in the distance, and the wildlife of birds chirping.

Another notification appeared.

[okay]You have gained a new title『The Chosen of a God』[/okay][info]Heroic action point earned[/info]

Anima mea

As she awakes, Diane moves to get to her feet, doing so slowly, feeling different and a bit different, but she simply nods, "Thank you Gaia, I can move forward and do what I can to end this war."  With a resolute look on her face, she turns and heads for the house that was prepared for her, her mind full of ideas and her heart full of purpose. 

Once she gets to the house, she walks up to the doors, opens one of them and strides in past all sorts of things towards the kitchens.  Spotting the closest thing she can find to a wood burning stove, she smiles and extends her hands towards it.  Imagining the changes she wants to take shape, an image of an older style steam engine from diagrams that she remembers, the inner workings having been drawn out in painstaking detail in a book she studied out of boredom once.  She takes a deep breath and mutters the word, [Reshape], her mind completely focused on the possibilities.  Once her handiwork is apparent, she steps back to inspect it, debating things to do better and looking for the flaws in what went wrong.

After studying the end results, she realizes that she hasn't eaten in almost a day.  This realization spurs her to start looking for food, the growling distracting her from her work.  She begins to rummage through the kitchens as much as she can without breaking anything.

Throndir

When you went into the kitchen, no one was there. But there was evidence of it having been used. You indeed found the stove. It was similar in make and design as the one Gerens used back in his own home. You focused on the entirety of the oven, imagining it to look like a Steam engine.

It was at that moment a new notification appeared.

[okay]Current UP: 500
Upgrade Stove to Steam Engine? Cost: 400 UP
[Yes][No][/okay]
QuoteAssuming you still proceed with Reshape.

Roll Knowledge (physical sciences) or Craft (mechanical), this will determine how well you remember the designs from memory.

You proceeded to use your Reshape ability however, though, the Upgrade notification continued to stay in your view. Like last time you felt a bit tired, as if something was being drawn from you. But indeed, before you very eyes, the oven started to reform itself. After a full minute had passed. There was immediately a problem. All the moving parts seemed to have melded together completely. It very much looked like what you had imagined, but it was unusable with it's current state.

However, the notification had changed.

Complete Steam Engine? Cost: 300 UP
[Yes][No][/okay]The price had went down.

"The stove!" It was Kenver's voice. "What happened to the stove?" In his hand was a basket, and in the basket was a variety of vegetables and meats.

Anima mea

Turning around from looking through the pantry section, she turns and sighs, " I tried to alter the stove into a steam engine, it seems I failed.  However, I want to try something after I get food.  Seeing the food in the basket she walks over and grabs what looks like a carrot and bites into it, chewing away, hoping it doesn't kill her.  She then walks over to the stove and extends a hand towards it and mutters" [upgrade]"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 19 + 11, total 30[/blockquote]

Throndir

Kenver let you take the carrot. He had a slight gloomy look on his face as he watched you eat one of the vegetables. "But dinner..." He too sighed. "Well, brother is still preparing your bath, I suppose I can try cooking this the old fashion way and use a campfire." Kenver suggested, trying to think optimistically. You did notice him look towards the stove rather sadly however.

The moment you spoke the keyword 《Upgrade》 and focused on the stove, a variety of options came up. The last notification box was there as well, though, there was a longer list below of it of a variety of other options.

Complete Steam Engine: 200 UP
Increase Output x2: 400 UP
Increase Durability x2: 400 UP[/okay]

Anima mea

"Complete steam engine and upgrade durability," this decision was made without a thought to the potential for increased output.  Simply deciding it needed to be more durable for tests, was the best option she could consider.  Once she makes the choice and finalizes it and it finishes it's work, she turns and looks at Kenver, "I think I can actually help you with the campfire, but this, is a steam engine.  I mean, at least a version of it, if I can get a set up working, I can actually use it to power a fan or grindstone or something else." 

She comes to a stop as she is about to turn and look for something to draw on and with.  She looks at Kenver again, "What does the title Kissed by the Divine mean?  And also, The chosen of a god?"

Throndir

When you spoke completing the steam engine and upgrading durability, you found that the moment you willed to choose the particular choice, it triggered. First the line 'Complete Steam Engine: 200 UP' disappeared. Then the total amount 'UP' seemed to have decreased as well.

[okay]Current UP: 300
Increase Durability x2: 400 UP[/okay]Next a new notification appeared.

[okay]Not enough upgrade points.[/okay]After that new options appeared in the list as well.

[okay]Current UP: 300
Increase Durability x2: 400 UP
Temporary Increase Output x2: 10 MP
Temporary Increase Durability x2: 10 MP[/okay]This time around, unlike Reshape, the stove-turned-unusable-steam-engine glowed brightly for a brief moment, and upon closer inspection, you realized that the working mechanics of the steam engine was fully usable. The parts were no longer fused together, and it looked completely done.

Kenver looked at the engine with awe. "Maban and I were planning to go over your blessings tomorrow morning... But it looks like you already figured this one out." Kenver stated. "I don't really get what it's supposed to do though..." He shook his head.

"Anyways... If you mean titles, that's something the guilds usually manage. Well, at least, it would have your title on the guild cards. According to the guild, the title that appears on the guild doesn't really have any tangible effect, and no one really knows who decides what those titles are... They just appear on the guild cards. But usually... The titles relate to something that person has done in the past..." Kenver nodded to himself. "You being the hero would make sense if you are chosen by the goddess. As for that first title... Well, I can't even begin to guess how you would have gotten that... If you weren't a hero, what it implies would be blasphemous."

"Well, I need to start working on dinner... I know you talked with a couple in the village while I was telling the knight what was proper. Are we expecting any other guests? There are some food I prepared earlier, but Kayden wouldn't give, and that knight ended up taking up the time I would have used for cooking. If we're not expecting anyone else that means I'll need to prepare enough for my brother and I, you, Kayden and his squire- At, that is.... he's your squire now. And perhaps two more, incase Kayden brings some of the knights for the weapons and armor you requested."

Anima mea

Diane smiles at Kenver as he explains their situation with food.  "I can definitely use some training to be sure, however, what I really need after my short nap in the garveyard, is some.food and i don't doubt you'll be amazing at that, a bath and some sleep.  And I suppose a knight teaching me to defend myself couldn't hurt." 

Looking for a chair she finds a stool and sits down on it, looking at Kenver and she calculates the potential outcomes of something in her head before making a decision, " Now that I'm here and once you get me taken care of, will you be free to find a cute girl and settle down with?  I mean the girls in the village must find you and your brother quite a catch, what with you being mayors and capable of doing magic. "

She brings the vegetable to her mouth and bites off another section , deciding it wasn't too harmful, as she studies Kenver and his reaction.

Throndir

"First is to cook the dinner." Kenver grinned. "The lack of a stove dampers things though... But... well... I suppose I'll get our smith to make us a new one." As you looked for a chair to sit on, Kenver began to regather items in the kitchen cabinets, such as spices and other items.

"A girl..?" He echoed outloud, but he laughed and then quickly glanced at you. "As a priest of the hero and the goddess, it'll be my duty to train, and then accompany you on your journey, whatever that may be, here in our world. Besides you're plenty cute as it is, Diane."