[Leela] Chapter 7: Cardinals of Xalaster

Started by Throndir, June 08, 2019, 11:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Date: Day 5 - Time: 6:00 AM

Morning soon came around.

QuoteState what time you plan to wake up.

Ella

Leela Steading

Leela awoke to a knock at her door and someone calling through the door something about breakfast. She was not sure what time it was, but since she was sure Abi would like to have food, she nudged the imp - drooling as usual - until she woke up.  Groggily, she checked the imp over to make sure her hair was still up so that it hid her horns and then crawled out of the bed. Oh how she hated mornings. And people. And breakfast.

The poor serving maid outside the room found herself being stared down by a half-awake princess when the door opened. Without a word, Leela stood to the side of the now open door and waved her hand in, indicating that the serving maid could bring the food in. She snatched up one of the cups of juice from the tray as the serving maid walked in and sipped at it enough to wet her mouth and throat.

"What time is it?" She asked the inn's employee. "Also, my knight will be eating breakfast with us, so you may bring his breakfast in here as well." Leela hoped that, if they had already woken him up for breakfast, that he had not destroyed anything. If they had not yet visited him that morning, she would send Zephyrus to check if he was awake - and dressed - or not. She glanced around casually to check if the wind spirit was there.

"Is there any word from Bishop Mateo or some other government official about meeting with me?" She asked after taking another drink of the juice.

Throndir

QuotePerception requested

You could not find Zephyrus at all. At the very least, you didn't see him in the room.

"It's just after 6 in the morning, ma'am. I will bring the breakfast here then." The demihuman maid said as she rolled the cart in. Like the night before she started to setup the food. It was a large breakfast, that consisted of a variety of food. It wasn't an american breakfast either. There was a sponge-like cake, long bread sticks that looked like they were covered in sugar and perhaps something similar to cinnamon, a sandwhich filled with meat, a pie-like item that looked like it was made of potatoes and eggs, lastly there was a side of what looked to be diced vegetables, salsa if you were to guess..

"There's been no news from Bishop Mateo. Though, last night he did tell us to tell you this morning that the meeting will likely be held today. He is to come by around 10 this morning to confirm."

Ella

Leela Steading

Leela stared at the maid blandly when she was told it was only six in the morning. "I think, if we end up staying more nights here, that we would like our breakfasts delivered at a later time than six in the morning." The food looked interesting. Perhaps she would try some later in the morning. She did have four hours until Bishop Mateo planned on coming by, after all.

"I see. Thank you for the information."

[spoiler]Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 2 + 4, total 6[/blockquote]

Spellcraft Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+23 : 2 + 23, total 25[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Perception: 25
You felt the presence of mana around you. It was familiar, it was the presence of Zephyrus in his wind form.[/info]After that, the maid nodded and closed the door, leaving the food inside.

Ella

Leela Steading

Well, she was relieved that Zephyrus had not disappeared from attempting to use up all his mana over the night.

"Zephyrus?" Leela called out a few moments after the maid had left, giving enough time for the demihuman to walk away.

Throndir

It took longer than usual for Zephyrus to respond. And his voice sounded dazed and distant. "Princess Leela... I think I'll... be like... this... for a bit more..." You heard his voice echo around you softly.

Ella

Leela Steading

Zephyrus was usually fairly quick to reply. His slow response had worried her. She was relieved when he finally spoke, but it still worried her that he sounded so exhausted.

"Are you okay? I guess using your mana up affected you differently than we had hoped. I'm sorry." At least they knew what would happen if he ran out of mana. It was definitely not something they should let happen again.

"How long do you think you will need to recover?" They at least had four hours before Mateo would come.

Leela moved over to the door that separated her room from Efrit's and knocked loudly.

Throndir

"I don't know..." He said again. After that he was quiet, though you felt his presence just the same.

When you knocked on the door, you heard some groaning.

Ella

Leela Steading

"Breakfast is here. Come in whenever." She called through the door when she heard his groans of annoyance. "Bishop Mateo is apparently coming to update us on things in roughly four hours, so you can sleep in a couple more hours if you want. I'll try to keep Abi from eating all the food before then."

With that done, Leela moved over to the table and sat in the chair she sat in the night before. While she was not hungry, she was thirsty, so she could at least enjoy the juice while she watched Abi eat. She also wanted to set aside food for herself for later before letting the imp dig in, so she selected the items she thought looked good and moved them in front of her. "You may eat now, Abi. Make sure to save some of each food for Erik."

She was still worried about Zephyrus and wondered if he ate food if that would help him regain mana quicker. But he had to have a physical body to eat... Did he eat other things as sustenance? Thinking about it, she had realized she hadn't seen him eat anything yet. She would have to ask him later, when he was feeling better.

Throndir

The moment you had given her permission, Abi cheered. "Yay! You're a great master, Leelasama! Leelasama you're the best!" She said, echoing words that she had said the day before. "I will make sure to save him food to eat! Some food! Okay maybe a little bit of food!" Abi declared as she started to chomp down on the food. You had noticed it earlier, but the imps did have sharpened teeth, that looked jagged as if they could cut and tear into things. It wasn't too noticeable when she was normally speaking, but it was a lot more evident when the imps began to chomp through things.

QuoteIf you have any actions to that you want to do in the next 4 hours, let me know, otherwise we'll have a time skip forward.

Ella

Leela Steading

"You will save him as much food as you eat yourself."

"By the way, Abi, when we go out, don't eat anything. I am not sure how people here would react to your sharp teeth."

[info]Leela will work on ethereal magic training.

After 2 hours, if Efrit still didn't show up for breakfast, she will wake him up so he has time to eat and get ready for the day.[/info]

Ella

Training: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+13 : 18 + 13, total 31[/blockquote]

Throndir

With the reading material you were given, you were able to continue learning about the ethereal. By the end of it, you felt like you had a good grasp of it.

QuoteTreating the above as 2 hours of training. You have 2 hours left of training.

Training
Knowledge (ethereal): Learned

You heard some movement coming from Efrit's room.

When you mentioned about not being able to eat once you were all out, Abi looked at you sadly. "O-okay..." She said dismally.

Ella

Leela Steading

Finally, Leela felt like she was comfortable with her knowledge on ethereal magic. It was definitely easier to just learn from the material Zavan had given her than it had been with Efrit's help. She hoped he was better at teaching things he actually knew well.

With her learning done, it had been roughly two hours since she had tried waking up Efrit for breakfast. She quickly checked to make sure Abi had left food for the ifrit and then moved over to knock on the door. This time, he had to wake up. They had two hours until Bishop Mateo was supposed to arrive. Just as she was about to knock, she heard the movement coming from the other side. Leela decided to knock anyways.

"Are you awake?" She called through the door after knocking.