[Fred] Chapter 6: Spirit Tree

Started by Throndir, May 27, 2019, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

[info]Ending scene

Also, nice change![/info]

"Hahahaha!" Fred is now heartily laughing, looking over himself while nude. "So that's how it works! Well, nevermind, then. I figured it out, I'll leave you to your-" Fred looks up to see and hear everyone's exclamations. "What? Why is everyone embarrassed? I thought people were only embarrassed when they went without clothing. It's the other way around, too? Geez, people are strange." He huffs in confusion, crossing his arms.

Fred then bids farewell with a wave at his confusing friends, grumbling on the way. "What's the big deal, anyways? Everyone knows what's generally under the clothing. Do they not realize every other animal out there is just as nude?" With mixed feelings, Fred marches toward camp naked, maybe to find some clothes. Maybe not.

"...You're right, I hadn't thought of that. Hero's really have that different of constitutions, huh? I swung by earlier to check in on her. Seems there's nothing we can really do to help." Fred sighed hopelessly. "Well I'm glad you're not feeling too bad. Small price to pay for a life, in my opinion." He grins back at her.

"So what are you training during this down time? I imagine you have your own struggles with this role, right?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place - Lai Sisters and Sio Ai
Date: Day 2 - Time: 7:30 PM

[info]Heroic action point earned.[/info]Notifications appeared in your view. The title was familiar. In fact, Jed had the same one.

[okay]You have gained a new title 『Exhibitionist』
You have gained +1 CHA[/okay]"No Fred!" Lai Ju called out. She began to quickly glance around for any clothing, however there wasn't any immediately around. Spare clothing was perhaps one of the lowest in priority for supplies after all. Lai Ju began to catch up. "W-wait Fred! Y-you can't walk around like t-that!" Lai Fen on the other hand had a smile grin on her face, though she was blushing. Sio Ai continued to stand still, the little girl was still completely shocked. As for Lai Shuren he kept nodding to himself approvingly.

Much of the camp broke from their own activities, primarily training or sparring with each other to see the new commotion.

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place - Spell Crafting
Date: Day 2 - Time: 8:00 PM

Eris agreed. "Normally... I spend time learning what the rest know. You should have it too, but Quick Learner allows us to learn things at a much faster rate than the rest. Most of the other Dark Raven members have to specialize in something... But we're free to learn everything if we have enough time."

Linwelin

Huh, that title...so this is what it means? I guess Jed does have his clothes off a lot.

"Hmm?" Fred turned around, and thus displaying himself once more to the group, at Ju's claim that he can't do whatever he's doing. "What do you mean I can't? Is there actually a rule that humans much be clothed? This just keeps getting stranger." Fred's bewildered thoughts were evident on his face. "Well then help me find something to wear?" He gave a somewhat nervous smile, "Those were the only clothes I had."

"Ah! So that's what it meant by 'learn faster'? Quite literally learn to do anything faster? That's kind of unfair to everyone else, isn't it? Fred's eyes were open wide at the realization that heroes were unbelievably privileged.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place - Lai Ju and Jed, entering camp

"T-there isn't a rule... B-but... Y-you can't just walk around without anything on!" Lai Ju exclaimed again, flustered as she caught up with you. You caught her eyes immediately going to your manhood when you turned around. It made wide swings after all. Lai Ju continued to blush, and tried to meet your eyes, but it was almost hard for her to tear her eyes away from something so magnificent. She was about to speak when Jed's booming voice echoed from behind you.

"MY HONEY! ☆ I see you have come to see the light as well!" Jed then flexed as the rest of his clothes came ripping off. Including the pants he had worn. He too was stark naked, and his too was of tremendous girth. But on his back were bright wing-like appendages that formed. It was almost angelic. With your sensitivity to Ki, you very well could feel Ki radiating from it, no, almost exuding from it in bursts of white milky light.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

"N-no Jed! Don't teach the hero something so... s-so...." She couldn't finish her words, blinded was she by yours and Jed's display. She could only cover her eyes from the sheer magnitude of what she had just witnessed.

Eris agreed. "Yes... That's literally what it means. Everyone is amazed when I can learn something new within a few days if I try hard enough, or even just a few weeks. It's the same thing with casting spells too. Honestly... If it wasn't for me, I think everyone else would be much more surprised at the fact that you were able to cast a spell earlier. But yes, us being heroes... means we can learn faster than most everyone else we meet."

Linwelin

Before Fred could inquire more as to why it was frowned upon to not clothe himself, Jed emerged with his extraordinary burst of Ki. He only looked on in awe at the angelic visage before him. It was both beautiful...and terrifying. At least, to the rest of the Ravens around them. It did get Fred thinking about a few unrelated things. One in particular stood out. Those were wings! Can I...?

Once the light faded, Fred could finally look back at Ju. He'd also come to a conclusion after seeing everyone's reception of Jed's display. Though he personally found it a wondrous sight, that attitude seemingly wasn't the norm. "I think I understand now, Ju. I won't just wander around without some form of cover. Could you help me find some spare clothing?"

While the girl recovered from her ordeal, Fred walked up to Jed, offering to clasp hands, "Live free, Jed. Live free." Fred, of course, knew Jed to be in the right. In fact, he found Jed a braver man than he. The former bird cared too much for the overall comfort of the family to maintain the freedom he'd been so used to for 25 years. "Unfortunately, I cannot join you. For the sake of the Ravens."

"Wo-haaaaa" Fred couldn't keep himself from suddenly yawning in the middle of his exclamation. "Huuuu. I think I trained a bit too hard. That or it's later than I thought. Hard to tell time in these caverns. I think I'm going to rest." He stood up and stretched. "Thanks for keeping me company with my tests, Eris. You should get some sleep as well." He smiled back at her genuinely.

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place - Lai Ju and Jed, entering camp

The large man clasped your hand, as he locked eyes with you, his eyes a mix of both losing a comrade and hope for the future.

[spoiler]
"I will be waiting Fred."
[/spoiler]

"D-don't do that when you're naked, Fred!" Lai Ju yelled, closing her eyes tight, and continuing to blush hard. "We're going to find you clothing... Anything to wear!" She exclaimed, for once being a lot more forceful and driven in her speech. She had a goal, and she would not fail in this.

Look around Lai Ju saw some of the white fabrics that they kept for the injured dark raven members, she quickly strode up to a pile and grabbed a long sheet. She went up to you and Jed, then handed you the fabric.

[spoiler]
"It's plain, and not really clothing, but j-just use it Fred...!"
[/spoiler]

"I will." Eris replied back. "I'll be spending sometime with Shuren... While he's here. Everyone's been trying to hog his time." She paused as she started to head back to the camp. "You haven't seen my other ability Smoke Melding yet, have you?" Eris asked rhetorically.

She smiled for a moment, then she disappeared, leaving behind only a wisp of dark smoke.

Linwelin

"Huh." Fred looked at the sheet that Ju had practically thrown into his hands. "It's actually not too different from what I was already wearing. Let's see if I remember how people tie those..." Fred begins tussling with the sheet, trying to wrap it around his body. "Nope, that's not it. Maybe this? No. Hmm...Ah ha! There we go! This look right, everyone?" The 'audience's' expressions said that it was, in fact, not right. Jed's had even more disappointment for a different reason, but Fred could only look back at him with sympathy.

[spoiler]It looks like this.

[/spoiler]

"No? Ok, let's try again..." Fred began working the cloth, finally managing a decently fitting toga. "There, that'll do."

"Whoa!" Fred exclaimed as Eris just disappeared instantly into the shadows. "Now why couldn't I get a power like that." He somewhat pouted. With a sigh, Fred meandered over to the tent that was designated as his, and laid down on the nest he was given. I think they call this a 'bed'? It looks quite a bit more comfortable than the twig bundles we made. Or sleeping on branches. Less defensible, though. The former raven thought to himself as rolled on the bed a little, before finally drifting to sleep.

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The others could only stare at you as you placed the sheet on incorrectly. They all had expressions ranging from shock to disbelief. But eventually when you managed to put it on right they sighed in relief. Lai Ju sighed as well, finally glad to see you clothed. she had came up as well and began to tidy up the knots you had done, along with setting the toga-like replacement clothing to be better fitting and natural.

"That's better Fred..." Lai Ju said finishing up her work.

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place
Date: Day 3 - Time: Morning

QuoteSpecify time you plan to wake up, along with actions for the day.

Linwelin

Fred nodded with approval at Ju's handiwork. The clothing certainly felt more sturdy around him. "Thank you, Ju. You're going to need to teach me those tricks just in case this happens again. Unless you want to make fixing my clothes one of your duties." Fred laughed a little at his jest.

[info]Doing 4 2 hour trainings with Ranseur, then going to lead a group into the deeper tunnels to explore. Eris, Ju, and Fen would be ideal. As well as someone who can see in the dark. Maybe Abrielle, or Filiane?

[blockquote]Training 1:  1d20+6 : 1 + 6, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training 2:  1d20+6 : 1 + 6, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training 3:  1d20+6 : 1 + 6, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training 4:  1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"I wouldn't mind if it's for you..."

Date: Day 3 - Time: 6 AM - 2 PM

As you were training, at the end of the fourth hour, a notification appeared.

[okay]You have gained a new title『The KING of Natural 1's』
You have gained +1 WIS[/okay]You personally felt that without Lai Shuren, you wouldn't have made any progress at all. For the amount of fooling around the first Dark Ravens leader did, he was at least a decent mentor.

Quote+3 Required Success

Training
Martial Weapon Proficiency (ranseur): 6/8

Date: Day 3 - Time: 2 PM

While Eris, Lau Ju, and Lai Fen were preparing to go with you. Filiane was by herself near the tree. Ever since she had arrived late in the night on the first day, she had been pretty depressed, and hadn't been socializing much. As for Abrielle, she was currently bickering with Tiffany Ninetail.

Linwelin

For once, it was Fred caught wholly off-guard. He had no words, and only blushed. He didn't even know why he blushed. But he blushed.

Why do I feel like this title is making fun of me? Huh. Well, not going to complain about getting free wisdom.

Hmm. Well, I don't have a preference, really. But I think Filiane needs the company and task to distract herself. I'll ask her, first. Fred asserted to himself, making his way toward the elf.

"Hey Filiane, would you like to come with the Lai sisters, Eris and myself into the caves? We need someone that can scout in the dark, and I heard you're capable." Fred remembered his status, and quickly added on. "This isn't an order, by the way. Don't feel obligated."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_