[Fred] Chapter 6: Spirit Tree

Started by Throndir, May 27, 2019, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Location - Deep Underground - With Eris Alaster
Date: Day 1 - Time: 12 AM - 2 AM

The assassin tensed. Eris' face went from surprise and shock, to somberness, and finally to a worried look. "I..." She bit her lip as she tried to think of the words to say, or to even respond to your claims. "Titles? Of course... Of course you know about them too... It's the same way you found out about Ruogang and Bai I assume. And it's probably why I got the 'Inspected' title earlier." She sighed softly as she looked around the makeshift campsite. Some people are already begun setting up some tents, though, the majority of them simply found a spot on the ground and chose it to rest or sleep on. Yet others were simply talking amongst themselves, and of course the group that was around Shuren as the older Dark Raven members reacquainted themselves with their first leader. Her eyes glinted towards each of them in turn, lingering on each and every one. Her gaze one that was gentle, perhaps a bit warm, but definitely was one of affection and care.

"You know... As much as it's said outloud, it really does feel like a family at times..." Eris said quietly. "The way we all help each other, make sure we're all taken cared of, supported... And whenever we need help with anything in particular, we know we'd be there for each other. We're happy when others are happy, we get sad when people are sad. And if things get tough, we'd be by each other's side. Things like being a traitor... Or... hiding truths... They're hard. Even knowing that Ruogang betrayed us all, and had been for years, well... she's still family to us. And I hope she thinks the same too. But everyone has their own circumstances..."

"Everyone does. And who I am I to judge if someone's circumstances are enough, when I myself have been keeping this a secret from everyone..." Eris looked towards you. "The monks who raised me, taught me some things." Her eyes stared at yours deeply.

"Status. Share."

In your field of view, a familiar translucent window appeared. "Yes, I'm a hero, too."

[okay]Eris Alaster
Inspected
Level 53

Condition: Uninjured, Refreshed

HP: 112/112
MP: 227/227
KP: 34/34
STR: 22
DEX: 47
CON: 23
INT: 20
WIS: 18
CHA: 15
MAG: 46

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate Languages, Personal Status, Smoke Melding, Powered Magicka[/okay]

Location - Deep Underground - With Gu Bai

"Hi... hero..." Gu Bai said uncomfortably, not meeting your gaze. She was seated relatively far from the others. Though close enough that others could see her in plain sight. "Umm... I'm not sure where to start... You're not umm... going to imprison me or anything, right?" Her eyes widened in worry. "I really... really didn't mean to betray everyone... I... I don't know." She said as she shook her head. "There's a lot to tell everyone that I haven't told anyone here before... I'm not sure where to start. But... thank you for not throwing Lingxin- I mean Ruogang and myself out."

[okay]You have gained a new title 『Well-Appreciated』
You have gained +1 CHA[/okay]

Location - Deep Underground - With Shuren, Lai Fen, Lai Ju, Sio Ai

"Why, if it isn't the man himself! The current leader of the Dark Ravens, the man who is a raven himself, wielder of the ghostly ranseur, and winner of hearts!" Shuren exclaimed as you decided to pick a spot between them all.

QuoteSpecifically state who you're sitting next to. The three of them are sitting cross-legged equidistant from each other. Sio Ai was next to Lai Ju (or perhaps closer to say slightly behind her).

"We were just talking about you." Shuren said. Lai Ju seemed to be busy fiddling with her fingers with a slight blush on her features.

"Fred. Don't let him get under your skin. That's just how he is." Lai Fen said flatly.

Linwelin

Fred nods along at Eris' description of the Ravens. "Indeed, and that's exactly what I want, too. I'm not used to the concept of 'family', but I am familiar with it. It's similar to a flock of ravens, the bird that is. And I know very well how crucial having a group to have your back is. I don't plan to punish Ruogang, nor Bai, as long as they don't continue to threaten everyone else. Even troublesome members are still members." Fred smiles, "Which, on that note, I've never been comfortable with how raven groups are referred to by humans, now that I know the language better. A 'conspiracy' of ravens I understand, as we're always up to something. But the other is just plain rude. An 'unkindness'? Really? Uncalled for." Fred pouts at the thought, changing the mood entirely.

Fred's eyes widen at the status screen he's been shown. "We can share our status? Interesting. And, assuming these numbers are how strong we are, does that mean you're stronger than 5 of me? How long have you even been here!?"

Fred gave a comforting smile. "I don't plan to punish either of you. The only reason Ruogang was treated roughly is because she pulled a blade on me. I had to defend myself. I can tell you're an honest person, I have no reason to push you away. In fact, it's the opposite. I want to make sure that you're safe, and that we don't cause you more trouble by trying to criticize you. Also, from what you've said, you didn't really betray us, at least not for years. You protected us while still keeping yourself safe. It must have been tough." Fred relaxed a bit, sitting across from her in a casual manner.

"My biggest concern is that us knowing your identity will cause you or your loved ones trouble. So please, be open with me, so I can help. Also, if you keep feeling ashamed, you're going to push yourself away. You're still family, Bai. They've told me as much." Fred points a thumb behind himself at the group.

"Shuren, you and I both know I'm not worthy of those titles yet. You saw me in training!" Fred said with a chuckle, sitting between the Lai sisters. "So? What were you saying about me, then? Were you talking about my graceful demeanor? Or perhaps my charming looks?" Fred gave the group a toothy grin to accompany his jest.

Fred nodded in acknowledgment at Fen's statement, "Oh I know. He couldn't even stop his teasing during training. Not that I minded, I find it funny."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The moment you said 'status' your own status screen appeared.

[okay]Fred Pragtige
Well-Appreciated
Level 20

Condition: Uninjured, Refreshed

HP: 36/36
MP: 52/52
KP: 20/20
STR: 16
DEX: 28
CON: 12
INT: 11
WIS: 12
CHA: 18
MAG: 21

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate Languages, Personal Status, Status, Destroy[/okay]
Eris smiled at seeing your shock. "Yes... you can share the status screen. Just say 'Share' after. But it only works with other heroes. That was actually the first time I tried it. Believe it or not... I've heard of heroes who are even higher level than me. Christine of the Felencorp, or Raina of Isikawa, just to name a few. But you gain levels by killing things you see. Working as a Dark Ravens doesn't really give me much opportunity to fight a lot of things, except for nobles, and other assassins. I've been here for as far as I can remember. Baolong monks near the border of the remnants of this country summoned me... They were isolationists, and kept themselves away from the rest of the politics and backstabbing that runs this country. Apparently, when I was summoned, they summoned a baby. That was me... They never kept that away from me of course, telling me I was special in my early years. I always thought they were stuffy and it wasn't fair that I couldn't go out, and had to do strict studies. But in hindsight, they were just preparing me." Her eyes grew distant as she remembered the past. "I told you everyone has circumstances of their own... So let me explain mine." She took a deep breath.  "One day soldiers from this city descended on our temple. Demanding to take me. The monks refused, and claimed they didn't do the summoning ritual. Arguments happened... and before I knew it, the first blood was spilt. The monks hid me and using my power... I managed to lie low and escape their search." Her eyes grew more somber.

"So... there I was in a ruined temple, burning behind me, as my family lay dead or close to it. Yu Shun, one of the monks I got along with was dying... I tried to wrap bandages around him but nothing worked. The last thing he told me... was to keep this a secret. Those were his last words Fred." Eris said, as you noticed tears form in her eyes. "To keep this... this curse a secret. This power that just brings sadness. So, that's what I did. I escaped from there, not turning back. I wandered from town to town for a bit, begging for food, not revealing the fact I was this special person. And when I found myself here in Muyang city, that's when I met the others here: the Dark Ravens. I was still young, perhaps 8 or 9? I don't remember. But Shuren and the others took me in. I kept this a secret... Because I already lost my first family. I didn't want to lose my second one."

Gu Bai nodded at your words as her eyes softened. "My brother... He's... He's one who's been rising in the ranks of the Red Hand. He's always been the type to be really driven. Like me... he feels he owes the Red Hand something, so he tries his best for them too. He can be really cold and ruthless to people, but, he's always been gentle to me. If they find out I've become a true turncoat... I'm afraid of what they would do to my brother. I've been thinking about it... And... I think the best way is for the Red-Hand to think I'm dead."

Shuren laughed. "You are only worthy of the titles, if you believe that you are! Even if you find yourself lacking right now, keep your faith in yourself, and you would be worthy of any title."

It was Lai Fen who gave the straight answer. "We've been talking about what's happening above us. The turmoil and everything we caused up there... All the deaths we caused since our master and most of the other adults died. You eventually came up of course, and that was when the geezer here made another joke of us getting married to you one day." She rolled her eyes.

Shuren shrugged. "You know, it's no longer as funny when you're explaining everything."

A couple of figures started to approach then. Lai Fen and Shuren quieted as they watched them near. It was the Hudson sisters came over with a kettle and some cups. They had been making rounds earlier that evening for those who might have still been awake, simple serving foods, or serving the others.

"My lords, here is tea." Oliane, the red-eyed one said as she placed the kettle on a short table she had brought along with her, and put it in the middle of the group..

"It was in the stashes of one of the nobles we raided." Her sister Moliane continued.

"It has a pleasant earthy flavor, different from our own teas... we brought the bag with us."

"Though, it is written in a language we cannot understand." Moliane then produced a bag, on it, clear to you was written 'Red Rooibos tea'.

"Thank you my laides. Anyways Fred, do you have any stories?"

Linwelin

"In that case, if it gives you peace, it'll stay a secret with me. Though I would appreciate any help you can give in regards to being as hero. I still don't know what I'm supposed to do, and what heroes are for. Oh, and also magic training. Deal?" Fred offers his hand for a shake with a smile.

"Also, from how Shuren made it sound, if what you've said about combat is true, the caves down here could help us both. Want to check them out later as a group?"

"He sounds like a good man. What's his name? If we end up seeing him on the battlefield, I would like to avoid harming him, and maybe even inform him that you're safe. It's what I would want done to my loved ones back in my old life, and I imagine the sentiment is shared. As for the idea of faking your death, it's interesting." Fred thinks for a moment before speaking up again. "But I don't think you want to just stay in hiding. How about assuming a new identity? The only way people could see through it is if they had powers like me, which from the sound of it is uncommon."

Fred sighed, "Point made, but I still stand by my words that I'm not worthy of them yet. I'll work on growing into them, though."

Once he heard Fen's explanation, he could only shake his head, "Shuren, it looks like you have to find a new way to fluster them, they're getting used to the idea now." He smirked back at the spirit across from him.

Fred followed his companions' behavior until he saw who it was that was approaching. "Ah, Oliane, Moliane, thank you!" He happily accepted a cup of the tea, feeling nostalgic for some reason. But once he saw the words on the bag, he realized why the aroma was so familiar. "Wait, Red Rooibos!? This existed in my old world, too! I never expected to see, or smell, this again!" He said with a chuckle, taking a sip.

"Stories? Well, I don't believe my stories count for much. I have around 25 years of life from my old world, but they were all spent as a bird. What interests me is probably nonsense and commonplace to you all."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"You have a deal hero Fred." Eris said as she smiled at you. "But since you're my leader you can make it into a an order. I'm not the best at magic either It's probably because of my blessing that I've been able to do it so much better than the others."

"I've been thinking about whether or not to tell others since you appeared... Now that everyone here knows you're a hero I'm not so sure if I should still keep it a secret. The reason I didn't want to let everyone know that I am a hero was because well... I didn't want any other people to get hurt from it. The emperor is gone... And the Dark Ravens are still a target either way because of you, hero Fred. So, whether or not anyone else knows I'm a hero, we'd still be in the same danger. As for what a hero is supposed to be... I was told before that we are summoned for great purposes. I always thought that that meant protecting the people." Eris shook her head. "I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I just do what I can for my friends; my family." She paused for a moment as she stared into your eyes. "What do you think... should I tell the others?"

"And for the cave trip... I'd like to join. I'm actually pretty curious about it too. Who would we bring? Do you want to go tomorrow morning?"

Gu Bai hesitated has she answered you. "His name is Gu Luoyang."

When you brought up the new identity, Gu Bai thought about it. "Okay how about faking my death and also changing my identity. I just need to think of a good name! But ummm I'm not very good at thinking about stuff... Hahaha..." Gu Bai said as she laughed forcefully.

Shuren smiled mischievously. "Well I do hope you grow into the titles then 'Shuren's son-in-law'." Shuren began to laugh then as you sipped your tea.

The moment you took a sip of the earthy tea something strange happened. Everybody stopped moving. Everything was still and absolutely silent. Lai Fen was in the middle of sipping tea as well, but she was frozen in place, her hands cupped together in place. Lai Ju was looking downward still blushing, also completely frozen. Her form was absolutely still. She didn't even seem like she was breathing. Shuren too was frozen with a wide grin on his face from the joke he had just made. Sio Ai was still clutching onto lai Ju's clothing. While Oliane and Moliane were standing at attention completely still. It was at that moment that you noticed another figure in the group. It was an old man with white hair wearing a traditional madiba shirt colored with greens and yellows. He was seated next to Shuren, cross-legged, and in his hands was also a teacup.

He took a long sip of it.

[spoiler]
Red rooibos tea... my favorite."
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Order? Why would I order it? It's your past to tell. Also, I may be leader in name, but are we all not equals? I don't get you human's hierarchy. If you're naming yourselves as ravens, then we should be working together as them, also." Fred huffed out his nose in defiance to Eris' thought. "And tell them whatever you want. If you do, they might better understand why you have so much trouble controlling your power. Just like me. It would put things in perspective. But it will also mean you'll get more attention and responsibility. So there are pros and cons." He shrugs at his 'conclusion'.

"As for who we should take with us to the tunnels...I don't know everyone well enough. Does anyone have the ability to see in the dark? I always envied other animals of that ability. And in this darkness it would be very useful. Otherwise, anyone who wants to join can. I just know the two of us definitely have to in order to get stronger fast. The Lai sisters will probably want to come, but I don't know who else would be interested. And if it's dangerous, I'd prefer not to bring the little princess. And we still need to watch over Ruogang. So not everyone can come. I suppose we'll just ask around tomorrow?"

"Gu Luoyang...ok, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that. If he's as serious and ruthless a person as you say, he'll probably come looking for revenge. Hopefully we can talk him down then." Fred asserts his intent again, in an attempt to comfort her.

"And as for names, I have no idea. I only know names from my homeland, and I'm fairly certain they don't suit you. If you tell me what names are like in this land I can help think of one, but otherwise I would ask someone else in the Ravens once we've told them this plan."

"Hmm? Huh? WHAT!?" Fred looks around slightly panicked, waving his hand in front of people's faces. "Why does this feel familiar..."

It was then, when he turned to check if Shuren was also frozen that he saw an old man. THE old man. "God! What are you doing here! Also, thank you! It's been crazy as a human, but I'm enjoying it a lot!" The former raven said with a smile, taking another sip of his tea. "Hmm, this is much more enjoyable to humans. It tasted odd as a raven. Still good, but odd."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Eris nodded. "Well... I'll think about it then. I'll see how things go... Everyone knows my magic seems to be stronger than normal... But that was actually due to my blessing. I unlocked the Darkness attribute years ago... So I always used that as an excuse for my other blessing, Smoke Melding." Eris explained. "Lai Fen had already been making good use of me... With Smoke Melding I can escape easily."

"There are a few who are able to see in the darkness. The elves in our group, Filiane, Tharielle, and Abrielle among a few others... But Filiane and Tharielle haven't appeared yet... I do hope they're all alright and would have thought of coming here. There's also the demihumans... Han Tu, Bethany Claw, and Tiffany Ninetail."

Gu Bai nodded. "The only problem is umm... Making it known to the Red-Hand that I've died, and not betraying them... And I'll think of names! Then maybe ask Eris to see what she thinks of them later!"

"Ohohoh! Red rooibos tea is definitely worth it. And I'm glad! I wasn't sure how well you'd acclimate once you were down here, but I see you've been doing just fine. You even made yourself a couple of friends too. I wanted to check up you, so, 'Fred' is it now? That suits you well! Couldn't have picked a better name myself. So, Fred, how's your first day as a human been?"

Linwelin

"Smoke melding, huh? So what, you can become smoke?" Fred asked with curiosity. "And good. We'll figure out who wants to go after resting, but I'd like someone who doesn't rely on light to see to come with us." He thought for a moment more about the cave delving, with a little bit of anticipation showing in his eyes, before snapping out of it and looking back at Eris. "Anyways, I don't want to take up all your rest time talking about hero stuff, especially since it's a secret you'd like kept for now. Rest up! We have a busy day tomorrow!" Fred smiles farewell and begins leaving to meander through the camp again.

"Oh that? I'm sure we can fake something. Or even simply announce that we've disposed of all their spies. They'll have no way to confirm or deny it. The only worry is making sure Ruogang doesn't get the word out somehow. And I look forward to learning your new name! I know I had a lot of fun naming myself." Fred grinned back at her.

"Frantic and violent. That's my best way of describing it, Are humans always like this? Worrying about status and oppressing each other for no reason? They take so much personally!" Fred said with exasperation. "However-" He pauses, "I would be lying if I said I wasn't having fun. Even with all the danger this is still a dream come true."

"Also, question. Why did I get this 'Destroy' ability? It only destroys clothing, which I thought was useless, but seemingly humans are surprised by it. They have something against nudity, do you know why? It's really a silly thing to be concerned about."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Eris nodded again in confirmation. "Smoke melding started off as becoming smoke, yes. But after gaining more levels and titles, the amount of things I can do with it increased. For example... If there are shadows around, I can meld with it instead of becoming smoke. While I'm in a smoke or shadow form, I could still be injured, but most of the time, people don't think of stabbing into a shadow."

When you waved goodbye Eris too waved back at you.

"And hero Fred! Thank you for giving me a person to talk to about it."

"That's true... And I hope Ruogang would see it my way. I actually never knew she was a spy either." She sighed. "Maybe they were suspecting me, or perhaps it was something else, I dunno."

The old man eyed you curiously. "So you were given an ability to destroy clothing! I recall hearing about that yes. What an interesting blessing to be granted." 'God' said nodding. "But I suppose it lets you see this side of them too. You always wanted to know more about humans, right? Humans... well, they are precious children with the capacity of evil but also a great capacity for good. They create their own social constructs, things like status, or ideas about nudity and the like. At times they revolve their lives around it. Reaching status over others, or finding the best set of clothes, their motivations can vary. But every once in awhile... you have one that rises above the rest. These people that rise above the others, they all do it in their own specific ways, too!" He laughed a moment later. A warm joyful laugh. "Ohoho, but I'm glad you're having fun! This opportunity doesn't come very often after all. Perhaps once in every tens of billions of lives."

Linwelin

[info]Ending encounter with Eris[/info]

"Well, as I see it, she had her own grievance and might have insisted on infiltration as well. I've at least perceived something similar in my past life. I can't say for sure, though." Fred was pensive for a moment, thinking back to certain unsavory human events that he once questioned, but now had a better understanding of. He muttered to himself in thought. "The lengths humans go to act on a grudge are much greater than I ever would have thought."

Fred looked up to see a concerned look on Gu Bai's face. He quickly shook himself of that train of thought, realizing he was about to start talking about something dark with someone that was already down in the dumps. "Anyways, I recommend that you try to at least talk with others. If they seem resistant to conversation, just be understanding, thank them, and move on. As Fen said, trust is hard to regain. That's something even ravens deal with similarly to humans; it's a basic instinct." Fred immediately pointed in her face, knowing she was likely focusing on the negatives again like in past conversation. "But you don't have to wait to regain that trust."

Fred immediately cocked his head to the side in confusion at God's lack of awareness about his ability. "Did you not purposefully give me this ability? Who gave it to me, then? I agree that it's actually helped me see a side of humanity I hadn't recognized as a bird, but that this wasn't in some way planned is odd to me."

Fred continues to drink his tea while God talks about people, talking in whatever information he can. "And is that 'rise above the rest' thing what I'm here for? That sounds similar to what the 'hero' stuff is all about. What am I supposed to be doing, anyways? Just living and having fun like this?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Gu Bai looked pretty dismal, but she eventually nodded her head. "I'll try that hero Fred... Talking to others I mean. Only Eris, Jed, Lai Fen, and Lai Ju approached me since everyone found out... But umm, I'll try my best!" She said once again. "To earn everyone's trust..."

After that she placed her right hand over her left and cupped them together. She bowed her head slightly. "Thank you hero."

The old man shook his head. "There's plenty of other beings like me! But we follow a sort of rules too. Ones that we all decided on, and keep each other accountable. You can perhaps say that I did most of the work to bring you here. But the others too had their input. Your body's details, the blessings you were granted, who summoned you, when you were summoned here." He smiled softly. "Most of us are friendly, though, there's some I'd avoid if I could."

"Your purpose here? Well, it's to try to carve out your own life. This is a second chance after all." God then placed his cup of tea down. "But... if you were to grant a request of mine... Well, it'd be to bring peace to this land. They're all my children after all." He glanced towards the others in the circle who were still frozen in time, but eventually landed his eyes on you. "And you? Ohohoh! A grandson!"

Linwelin

Fred could only smile at God's words, "You request is already my wish. So I would be happy to fulfill it. Though, there will likely be some detours. I have to enjoy my new life, after all!" Fred beamed as he said this, showing that he was truly happy with the situation. After laughing slightly, he got a serious, yet still warm expression on his face. Bowing his head, he spoke softly, "Thank you."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

There was a smile on God's face, and the moment you blinked, he was gone.

"Even if I'm going to be your father-in-law, no need to bow your head, Fred!" Shuren said. "But I appreciate the gesture!" He grinned. You swear, the man seemed to always be grinning.

Lai Fen and Lai Ju sighed, as the Hudson sisters looked on impassively.

QuotePerception requested

Linwelin

Fred blinked a couple more times, basically disregarding Shuren's father-in-law comment, mostly because he didn't know what it meant. "Huh...I take it the rest of you didn't see God...or even know what just happened? Well, you did seem to be frozen while we spoke." Fred just shrugged it, as it certainly wasn't the strangest occurrence as of late.

[info][blockquote]Perception:  1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Date: Day 1 - Time: 2 AM

They all frowned.

"You aren't pulling one over us, are you?" Shuren asked, almost rhetorically. But he eventually nodded. "Nothing of the sort, I've taught my two daughters to be perceptive of their surroundings as well." He glanced at the two of them, but they both shook their head. "Though, suggesting that one of the goddesses is a male can be quite blasphemous in some circles." Shuren laughed.

Shortly after, you heard some commotion farther where you had come from, and a second later Han-Tu appeared a few feet away. She kneeled with her head bowed. "... Leaders. Survivors." She said quietly pointing one of her fingers to where you had come from earlier.

When you looked over, you saw Filiane leading the group. Behind them were a couple of other Dark Raven members, though you noticed that a few were injured. Filiane's faces was grim however. Their sudden entrance had woken up the entire camp; the group being alert as ever. It didn't take long for Filiane to make her way towards you. You noticed Tharielle wasn't with the group.

"Many of us didn't make-" She paused when she noticed Shuren, and her eyes widened. "Master Shuren!"

"We'll catch up later, continue." Shuren said. After some hesitance, Filiane continued.

"Tharielle went to our northern site, and I went to our western one. When I arrived there at the western outpost, our members were already in combat with a couple of the Red-Hand, I tried to get as many as I could with me, and before we knew it, we were being chased down the underground halls and sewer systems. We eventually met up with Tharielle's group, but they too were being followed. We quickly realized that our camp was abandoned when no one was there, so both Tharielle and I figured everyone went here... We tried to shake them off. But..." Her eyes grew a bit somber.

"They were persistent, and being as skilled as the Red-Hand, we weren't able to escape. Tharielle and a few others... they decided to fight the Red-Hand, while the rest got away." She shook her head. "Tharielle wouldn't take no for an answer."