[Fred] Chapter 6: Spirit Tree

Started by Throndir, May 27, 2019, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Fred couldn't help blinking a few times before looking at his hand.

Quote"Gotcha."

"...Yes, you did." Fred said with a chuckle. "I'm not sure what I expected to happen, really."

As Fred listened to Shuren, he got a strange feeling from how he referred to things, and his manner of speaking. "New world? Previous world? Shuren, were you summoned here as well?" Fred said while raising his eyebrows in surprise.

At the mention of marrying one of the two beside him, Fred was immediately bewildered. Marriage was choosing a life partner, right? Why would I do such a thing now? I've only known these two for a day or so!

"That's not a decision I can make so quickly! Ravens mate for life, and I've only known them for a day. And then there's actually having a mutual intention, which I couldn't guarantee! Though-" Fred pauses for a second. "I'm almost certain you're teasing again. Right?' Fred gave a smirk back to the spirit before him.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Most of us aren't native to this world... Let's see... I was just a teen when the world became as it is now, well, that is, when the Baolong Dynasty found itself here."

When you asked him if he was teasing, Lai Shuren only smiled at you, a glimmer of mischief in his eyes. He laughed merrily a moment later. "Who knows!" He grinned. "Lai Ju has grown up to be a fine woman." He then placed a hand on your shoulder. "Not only are you the leader, you're a man of integrity as well. Indeed! Ravens mate for life! Therefore, both Lai Ju and Lai Fen are yours."

"Master! Stop!" Lai Ju said blushing more.

"If I could hit you, I would smack you right now."

Linwelin

Fred forced himself to not get flustered, as he saw the glimmer in Shuren's eyes. He obviously had a lot of fun with these two easily-flustered girls while he was alive. However, I think it's best I spare them the embarrassment.

Thus, Fred decided to change topics. He looked directly at the hand on his shoulder. "I don't think that decision is up to you, but these two, Shuren. Also, you can place a hand on me, but not the other way around? Not fair." Fred made a serious expression in jest before cracking into a smile. "So what can we do for you? Or is there something you'd like to help us with? I don't know what kind of abilities you have as a spirit, but I'm guessing you don't know what's going on above ground?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"You are right Fred." He said, as he let go of your shoulder. "Both to my daughters and the hand. I'm not entirely sure what kind of existence I am now, and perhaps it was due to my training when I was still alive... But, if I focus with my mana, I can affect the physical world. However... any 'ki' I've had is no longer there, even though I can still sense it in you, and in others too." He shrugged as he continued to keep up his light smile. "Pros and cons to everything, right?"

"In all honesty, it's been pretty peaceful here. No more corrupt nobles, no more thievery... You actually don't notice time passing by much. And my 'consciousness' if it could be called one, seems to be tied to this big thing." He said as he glanced towards the glowing tree. "I can move around as I see fit if I push myself, but in general the days, months, and years just pass by. But a strange thing happened when you came here, Fred, I was simply snapped 'awake'." He glanced towards the two beside you."Judging from Lai Fen and Lai Ju... they're... 20 now?"

"Yep. 20. Lai Ju is 19 now." Lai Fen chirped in.

"Yes... Years."  He said, a tone of sadness crept into his voice. "I'm dead right now though, and you know, I only created the Dark Ravens to make one big family. Whatever is happening up there..." He said as he pointed upwards. "Doesn't change the bond of the Dark Ravens." When he said this, he began to look at everyone around the circle. Gu Bao who had decided to sit down glanced away.

"If there is anything though. As the first leader of the Dark Ravens to my successor, take care of everyone, you hear me?" He smiled broadly a moment later as he stood up while the rest continued sitting. He shifted his weapon in front of him, the ghostly spear-like weapon he had held in his hands. "Fred, take the weapon." He grinned. "And yes, you'll be able to touch it."

Linwelin

"Of course." Fred says as he grabs the spear, looking at it in surprise that he actually could grab it. "They're my family, too. Caring for them is a given. Which means we'll likely hole up in here for a while until the chaos calms down. With the emperor dead, everyone is running around like mad hyenas, trying to get any scraps they can. So until we're strong enough to make a difference, we rest and train here."

With that stance, Fred asked a follow-up question in realization. "Wait, you all have mentioned that there're more crystal areas deeper in this cave. While we're here, should we explore them? Do we know anything about them?" Fred looked between Shuren and the Lai sisters.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"They go deeper yes... My curiosity got to me a few years ago while I was like this and tried to go further... But the limit of how far I can go hit then... If there's nothing else above that needs your attention, taking a look at what's deeper interests me." Shuren said.

Linwelin

Fred chuckled nervously, "Well I wouldn't say nothing above needs our attention, but before we can attend to that, I need to get stronger, as I'm very new to this world in many ways. I need to learn to control Ki and Mana well, and now I need to learn how to use a spear! That is what this is, right? Which is exciting. I've only seen these used in ceremony back where I came from." He looked at the weapon in his hands with anticipation, noting its intricacies, before looking back up.

"If going further into the caves will make me stronger, then I'm all for it. Barring any major risk of death. I've already lost my life once, I'm not about to let it happen again." Fred said resolutely.

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"Similar to a spear. We call this weapon a ranseur. It was gifted to me long ago." Shuren said.

"When you died... We buried that spear with you." Lai Fen said, to which Shuren nodded.

"It both is and is not my spear. Not entirely sure how it works, but I don't question it. So Fred, you don't quite look like someone from Baolong, but you speak our language perfectly, I feel as if we have a story there..." Both Lai Ju and Lai Fen perked up, knowing the answer, but they glanced at you first, not wanting to steal your thunder.

Linwelin

"A ranseur...interesting!" Fred took another glance at the weapon in his hands, rolling it back and forth in his hands to look over the blade more. "You're saying it's old, but it looks to be in surprisingly good condition! Is there something special about it?"

"As for me not seeming to belong, that's a given. I'm a...'summoned hero'?" Fred turned in a questioning manner to the two sisters, "That was the term, right?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

His eyes widened. "Heh. So, the hero of Baolong then? That'd be surprising since the emperor always claimed our country had no summoning ritual... But I guess knowing that man, him lying to everyone isn't really surprising. And You got that right. A fine eye. It's actually an artifact of this world, or at least, I was told. It's magical and is able to slice things more easily." Shuren said. "Well, with it glowing the way it is and being semi-translucent, it already does seem magical. But believe me it was magical before it became... whatever it is now."

"Well, Fred. If the goddesses allow, I'd be willing to teach you how that weapon works. At the same time, practical experience is the way I usually teach things. You can ask Lai Fen all about it. I'm sure she has fond memories."

"Fond memories my ass!" Lai Fen replied back quickly. "I almost died a couple times." Shuren laughed.

"And all the more stronger you are for it." His visage softened. "Just don't push it, what you're able to do is taxing on your body."

"Yes, I know. You've told me just about a hundred times when you were alive."

"Well, then this is the first time when I'm dead." Shuren replied, ruffling Lai Fen's hair. Lai Fen puffed her cheeks up, and you noticed she blushed slightly and had looked away. That was a side of her you've only had seen glimpses of before. "I need to make sure my cute daughters are still doing well after all." Lai Fen waved her hand dismissively.

QuoteYou can declare some actions too if you want to start anything specific

Linwelin

Fred couldn't help chuckling at Fen and Shuren's exchange. They really are just like a father and daughter.

"Well that emperor is dead now, so we see what that lie gained him. And I will gladly accept your offer. Who better to learn this weapon's use from than its former master." Fred looked back at Shuren with eagerness in his eyes. "After all, a Raven without its talons can hardly be called a raven at all."

QuoteGoing to train with the new weapon under Shuren's tutelage, if able.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Shuren laughed again. "Very well!" He declared as he glanced at the Dark Ravens, then towards you. "Lets let our big family rest and relax under the boughs of this mystical tree, and Fred... Let's see what you got."

QuoteGo ahead and issue any specific orders that you may want to do, otherwise most the Dark Ravens will simply relax and settle for the evening. Shuren would begin training you. Roll Training check(s). State how many sessions you are doing, and also how long each one is. Generally...

DC 15 = 4 hours
DC 19 = 2 hours
DC 23 = 1 hour

Current time is 8 PM. 8 hours of sleep is required to refresh your training, so your wake up time is dependent on when you sleep.

Linwelin

[info] Fred is going to do two training sessions. Then get some rest

[blockquote]Training 1 (2 hours):  1d20+6 : 6 + 6, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training 2 (2 hours):  1d20+6 : 11 + 6, total 17[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Location - Deep Underground
Date: Dat 1 - Time: 12 AM

You spent the next four hours training. You yourself had never used a weapon much, and this one was more than just a bit larger than the sword given to you earlier that day. Even though you yourself didn't make much progress in swinging the weapon and getting used to it. Shuren was able to give you some pointers however, and it was primarily through his help and tutoring that you managed to make progress.

Even though the man seemed too care-free, he was a pretty good teacher. Nearer the end of it, he had you continually practice swinging, tiring yourself out, but at least learning a more proper form.

"Fred! Not bad!" Shuren said but he winked a moment later. "But not great either." He said jestfully.

QuoteTraining
Ranseur Proficiency: 1/8

Location - Deep Underground
Date: Dat 1 - Time: 12 AM - After training

A lot of the other Dark Ravens decided to stay up later, talking with their old master, and sharing stories from the last few years. There were plenty of tears to come around, and surprisingly (not surprisingly) it was Jed shoe shed the most of it, with pats from both Shuren and the two vice-leaders to cheer him up. From this you managed to get a good feel of who were the ones who had known Shuren when he was alive, and it was the majority of them. As expected though, many of the younger ones, or more recent joiners in the last few years didn't know who he was. But even they were moved by Shuren's words of being one big family, and had made attempts to introduce themselves to the once-leader of the Dark Ravens. There was a point in the night that Lai Ju had tearingly hugged and cried as well, though even that too was swept up in the joy of emotion of it all.

As the evening went on by, one by one the Dark Ravens had started heading off to bed. Soon enough it was just Shuren, and his two daughters.

QuoteYou can decide what time you actually want to sleep, or how much of the above you listen to. If you want to do some camaraderie moments for when everyone was still awake, roll Diplomacy for a chance at a reputation gain. Otherwise state any other actions if any.

Linwelin

For the rest of the evening, Fred tends to sit back from the Shuren reunion. He'd been with him for the past 4 hours, so any more would feel like he was trying to monopolize the former leader. It was also pleasant for him to sit back and just listen to idle conversation, as he could finally understand what people were saying. It was...surprisingly more mundane than he expected. Still he sat by, listening and thinking, while also open to anyone else approaching him. However, there were a few people Fred wished to touch base with while there was rest, so he spent some of his time wandering around looking for them.

The first person he wanted to get alone was Eris. The similar titles gave him hope that she was somewhat like him, and might have some tips for what exactly he was supposed to do. After finding the impressively powerful mage, he beckons her to step aside out of earshot. "I saw your titles." Fred says simply. "You're also a summoned hero?"

Fred's second interest was Gu Bai. She was clearly a good person, but stuck in some tough circumstances, and no doubt feeling estranged. Fred felt it was important to learn her concerns in detail to best assist her, as a troubled family member. "Hey Bai. Now that things are more out in the open, I wanted to know more about you. What were things like before the Red Hand, if you're willing to talk about it? What's your brother like? Any worries you have?"

Once everything seemed to more-or-less wrap up, Fred decided to sit with the Lai sisters and Shuren to see what they were talking about. He wouldn't stay long so they could have more personal time together, but he did enjoy their company.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_