[Amelia] Chapter 14: Church of Light

Started by Throndir, June 09, 2019, 05:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 14: Church of Light》

"Of course Amelia..." Kurt said as the group continued its way towards the castle. Everyone else moved in silence, though there were many cityfolk who had been whispering to themselves, keeping an eye on what had happened. "You're doing all you can for us, and that's more than enough. And you are the hero, the hero of Mendernich." Kurt said, a hint of pride in his voice.

"There is one thing I want to talk about though..." Kurt said hesitantly a moment later.

Mysticsage

"You can talk to me about anything, it's the least I can do considering everything you have done for me." She said subconsciously holding him firmer feeling the build of his torso under his clothes.

Thinking for a moment, she pulls herself even closer to be able to match his height as Amelia had to press herself against him to whisper in his ear to make sure her voice would not carry, "Just nod if this is something private and I can do my best to open the thought link." His hair tickled the end of her nose and she had to do her best not to sneeze.

Throndir

Kurt paused for a moment, hesitating and thinking about what to say. He eventually spoke however as the two of you neared through the inner castle gates. "No it's nothing." It was at that point that the rest of the knights, along with King Richmond and Princess Matilda broke off from the group. Kurt was headed towards the Church of Light as was requested, while the other royal family members were headed towards the castle.

Mysticsage

"Come on, I can tell something is bothering you," Amelia said making sure to hold tight and not fall off, "I don't want to make you feel like you have to bottle anything up. I promise there will be no judgment on my part. After what I had to do I really have no room to talk anyway, so if you are upset, Please, tell me," Amelia said doing her best to smile and show a confident face.

She honestly wanted Kurt to be open and honest especially since he was one of the few people she could talk too. Losing that would hurt a lot at that moment given how much she was trying to balance.
[info]
Rolling diplomacy if needed to get him to open up.
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+12 : 14 + 12, total 26
[/info]

Throndir

"Well... It's nothing really." Kurt said. "But since you promised there will be no judgement on your part... Well. It was the fact you prostrated yourself in front of the duke... You're not just a hero, you're also a queen, the highest political power in our nation. In the end the duke was placated, but it comes at the cost of your image, once the rest of the country has found out you're our queen." He shook his head."I might just be worrying over it too much, of course. But don't forget, that you have a country on your shoulders too, but my father, sister, the advisers, and I will of course try to help you through it."

Mysticsage

Amelia couldn't help but smile at the comment, "Thank you for the concern, Kurt. Trust me,  I did not enjoy doing it and I do not plan to make a habit of it in the future."

Amelia paused to look over the streets as they passed, she watched the common folk going about their daily lives trying to run stores or do laundry before she continued, "That being said, I would throw all my pride away in a heartbeat to make sure these regular people are safe. They didn't get a say in the summoning of the hero, or any deals made with Felencorp for their wellbeing. I cannot let my ego destroy their peace because I refuse to say some pretty words or bow my head. If all it took to ensure their safety and happiness was platitudes then I would say all the words in the world."

"If I really want to be queen, and build this nation, showing that level of conviction needs to like breathing. I mean, look what your mother was willing to do for the nation. She put herself in a coma to make sure that I would be safe and that you all would be protected. Bowing my head to make sure her will and her people don't get hurt by my refusal to be used as a weapon is the least I can do."

"I heard once, that a leader is both a nations strongest voice and its greatest slave. If when I am coronated people have concerns, I will face those concerns and make my position known. I do not plan to be a pushover but I cannot send people to die for me without knowing that I did everything to my morals to save them from that pain. Otherwise, let them gossip, it's important to be strong enough to face those sorts of things and not let it faze me."

"Thank you, though and please do your best to keep me honest. I value your insight, I hope you understand my viewpoint. You are one of the few people I can talk about this kind of stuff with,"
she chuckled.

"Speaking of keeping me honest, I have a big favor to ask you,"
She said turning slightly pink in the process.

Throndir

[info]Heroic Action Point earned[/info]
Kurt nodded approvingly as he listened to your words. "What's the favor?" Kurt asked curiously.

Mysticsage

"I need you to sleep with me tonight-!" She stuttered not realizing how weird that would sound until she said it out loud turning an even brighter red as she felt her whole face catch on fire. Her head almost exploded for a moment when she considered that she had not even asked her longtime boyfriend to do something so forward.

She finally stammered, "Not like sleep with me, sleep with me! I mean," she said leaning close to whisper in his ear, "with everything going on this morning I just want to be safe. Normally I would have Nyx, but I want him to patrol tonight to try and he can't be in two places at once. I could ask Mati but I feel like if something happened she wouldn't be able to hold back to not kill them, Thyra, gets distracted when we are alone, and Akari has Takeru to look after."

"I know it's a big favor, and it really puts you in a position, but you are the only one I can really ask," she said realizing for the first time how intimate the physical contact on horseback was. "I would understand if you are too uncomfortable, and I promise I don't sleep in the nude or anything."

Throndir

Kurt immediately stiffened as you rode behind him. "W-well..." Kurt began. "T-then... it is my duty to provide for the queen!" Kurt declared. He was blushing yet again, but he actually turned his head to the side, trying to glance at you behind him.

"This time you don't need to sleep on the couch." Kurt said amusingly, remembering when you had ran away from Thyra in the middle of the night a few nights ago. When he realized what he had just said, he too started to blush furiously again, and quickly turn back to the front.

Mysticsage

"I thought I left before you noticed, Amelia said mostly to herself but loud enough for Kurt to hear. She wanted to punch him, but that was impractical for many emotional and circumstial reasons. Mainly because she would fall of the horse without him, and a voice deep in the back of her head said resorting to physical violence to quell her burning embarrassment probably wasn't the most honest of actions.

In the end she resorted to a middle ground, "Don't get any ideas, mr guardian or this princess will flip you on your back like I did when we first met." She said with a menacing smirk not fully realizing any secondary meaning.

When she saw the temple of light in the distance she let out a sigh of relief soon books would right how wrong the rest of the day went

Throndir

Date: Day 14 - 11:15 AM

Kurt smiled, though you couldn't quite see it from your vantage point. "Having your door open, even quietly, is enough to wake me." Kurt explained. "It is likely the same for Matilda too, we're not very deep sleepers. But... W-well... Once you came in, I didn't know what to do so I simply tried to sleep very still... Later on, I found the Valkyrie delegate, Thyra, who's decided to stay with us at our castle, and mentioned about that night's events... Did you train in martial arts back in your own world? It was unexpected when you threw me down, but you had good form."

Date: Day 14 - 11:30 AM

It didn't take much longer until the both of you reached the Church of Light. An attendant came over and helped you off the horse, along with taking it back into the stables. "Father Barnabas expecting us?" Kurt asked.

Mysticsage

"I'll have to keep in mind your light sleeping for the future," Amelia chuckled as they continued to ride.

She nodded along to the second set of questions, "Yes, I did a lot of training in the martial arts in my world. Though it was more for staying active rather than defense. I need to do a great deal more practice to be able to do any more then go one on one with someone and be able to defend myself. But I don't know where I can find an instructor to help me train."

Amelia nodded, "Yes Father Ragnar is expecting us, along with a few others," taking the book of her bag, "I have something interesting to discuss with and propose to them today. Though the stress from this morning makes my stress for this a great deal less."

Throndir

"The guild has various instructors. Through most forms of martial fighting. I'm not sure if it would be similar to yours though... There is also mine and Matilda's instructor, though he can be quite a beast..."

Kurt nodded, and eventually the two of you had begun to make your way into the main auditorium of the church itself. There were a few of the others there already. Apart from father Ragnar Barnabas, Thyra from the Valkyries was there as well, as well as Clifton Atwood, the priest from the Antwarch Dragonknight Kingdom. They each greeted you in turn, then made their way to one of the meeting rooms.

Mysticsage

"After the display, you two gave me the other day, I would be more than happy to meet with your instructor,"
Amelia chuckled.

"Besides, I am told I need a beast of an instructor to match my energy and get me up to fighting shape."

"I apologize if I've kept you waiting long. The neighbors stopped by to ask for a cup of sugar," she said with a shaky smile not realizing that the idiom, while translated, would probably fail to land.

Throndir

"I suppose even our Princess Matilda goes around handling mundane tasks... Fear not, we haven't been waiting for long." Father Barnabas said. It was then that Kurt nodded his head, and then excused himself, telling you'll he'll be waiting outside.