[Diane] Chapter 1: A New World

Started by Throndir, May 21, 2019, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anima mea

With a smile she reaches over and gently places a hand on Hunt's shoulder, "Hunt, I wouldn't doubt you for a minute, but make sure that you treat everyone with the respect they are due please."  Once the young man is on his way, she looks at the older man and then at the wagon, I think I may need a moment to think.  Could I trouble you terribly to step outside and close the doors as much as possible to give me privacy?"[/b]  Not having had as much time socializing as everyone else her age, she is analyzing everything said or done around her and everything she says and does ahead of time to make sure she is at least treating everyone with respect.

Once she is left alone, "This is blasphemous, but if it helps this man out I'll do it.  Please forgive me grampy, this is not how you taught me to work on things."  She walks over to the axel and places her hands on it and speaks softly the word,"Reshape," her mind picturing the axel reformed into an unbroken axle.  Once the effect is seen, she steps back and inspects her handiwork.

Throndir

The boy blushed, but he saluted you a moment later. "I'll be back soon ma'am!" Hunt said outloud, before running off.

"Well alright hero. Let me know if you need any tools, or anything else, alright? I'll prepare some tea and snacks. Maybe a biscuit too for the boy." With that the man began making his rounds around the garage-like room storage for his broken wagon, and began placing wooden boards to cover them. After he was done, he stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Once you were along and spoke the keyword《Reshape》, you felt yourself get a bit more tired. And you also noticed a glow of light spread from your body, to your arm, to your fingertips, and finally making its way towards the axle. The broken axle began to move by itself in front of your very eyes. The entire process took around a minute. Some sort of force managed to lift both ends as if they were straight, and once they were perpendicular, the wood from each end began to reach out and reform with the other. After a minute of the wood reaching out, and binding together, soon enough it was back to being one whole piece.

The wagon was still broken. A couple of the planks on it were completely missing as well. Once weight was again placed on the wheels, the left wheel had noticeable cracks that ran along it.

Anima mea

"Not completely fixed, but we can work with that a lot more.  We'll need a better wheel."  She kneels down and places her hands on the wheel and softly speaks the word reshape again, thenimage in her mind a fully reshaped and repaired wheel appearing there as she says it, "Reshape.."

Throndir

When you used 《Reshape》, the same thing happened. The wheel itself started to morph and reform. However, there was something interesting with this one, when you imagined a fully repaired wheel, the wood on the broken wheel started to merge and mend together all the cracks that were appearing on it. This included all the potential cracks in it. Including the purposefully designed ones such as attaching the spokes to the hub and tire. The end result was that the spokes themselves merged with the rest of the hub and tire, making the entire thing seem like it was cut in one go from the same tree. Like before, the entire process took a full minute as the wood melded together.

Anima mea

Watching this occur she smiles tiredly and then calls out to the future merchant, "I think I've just about worked out the issues, what we need now is simply a stout hammer, some boards, some nails and well, a bit of time for me to work.  Could you point me to your well please?  I think im feeling a little thirsty."  She doesn't say a word about how the wheel and axle are im their current condition, she simply steps out into the stable yard and begins to look for a well.

Throndir

When you opened he door and called out, the man stared back in, his eyes wide when he realized that the wagon was already on its four wheel like normal, no longer being laid at an angle due to the broken axle.

"How did you...?" He laughed a moment later. "I guess that's proof you are the hero. I won't question it." The man said as he happily hopped over to the wagon, examining your work. He was grinning despite himself as he examined your handiwork. "Not sure how you did this, but this is a tight fit, it's like you can't even tell these spokes are attached anymore." He said approvingly. "In all honesty, I just placed some new logs and started the fire for the stove... If you're willing to wait maybe 10 minutes I can have some tea out. But we can make our way to the well too."

Anima mea

Diane smiles and looks at the older man, "I'll take the tea, but I could really use a drink of water, I think I might not have had enough water to drink yesterday.  So if you'll point me to the well, I'll get some water and bring it in for you while you prepare the tea.  How does that sound to you?"  Once she is pointed in the direction of the well, she sets off, whistling a tune almost a happy one, but there are notes of unease to it if someone who knows her well enough were there they most certainly would point that out.  She lowers the bucket into the well slowly, taking her time, letting her mind rest on the fact that she just did something blasphemous from a religious point of view.  No, she did something blasphemous twice in a few minutes.  While she was not overly religious, her grampy always pushed her to observe the religion her father and mother tried to ingrain in her, even though she wasn't overly religious.

Throndir

As you went through town, it was relatively empty. Most of the villagers were still up on the hill listening to the argument that no doubt Kayden and the two mayors were having. At least that was the assumption. There was still a sizable crowd up there. Half of them had already departed though, and it was that half that looked onward at you curiously from the distance.

There was a boy and a girl who had buckets with them, approaching the same well you were at. The village only had a single well near the center of the town, and it was here that most of the villagers went to for their water supply.

Anima mea

Diane smiles when she sees the two and smiles at them, her mind telling her that at this point in time these two could potentially give her a situation update from the hill.  Also if she was lucky she could grill them for information about the situation around the village.  She reaches into her pocket to grab her last two starbursts and inwardly curses her forgetting about those being gone.  "Are they still arguing up on the hill?  I think it's silly don't you?"

Throndir

"Mhmmm... Not a lot of people like the umm... Fel... len... core United Alliance." The boy replied hesitantly as he looked towards the ground in embarrassment. The girl on the other hand hid behind the boy, and stared up at you with wide eyes.

"I like Kayden!" The girl responded back in response. The boy nodded his head.

"Kayden is nice to us, yeah..." The boy said, the girl behind him nudged him forward though, and he eventually started closing the distance to the well, lowering the bucket that was already at the well to gather more water.

Anima mea

Seeing that then children are not very comfortable around her, she smiles and adjusts her grip on the bucket and starts to walk off with a parting word of warning hey Grammy used to give her fired overt get shoulder, " You two be good for your parents now!  And if you can manage that I can probably manage some sweets for you next time I see you!"

Once she is out of earshot of anyone else she speaks softly to herself, "I cant recall a day where I've socialized so much.  Im having to over analyze everything just that I do not mess up too badly.  Maybe this is a dream and Gaia is just making me endure this before I get to my new world."  She moves as quickly as she can without spilling water back to the older man's place, thoughts racing around her head about how she'll survive this place.  When she see the home she is heading to, she stops and picks up a long limb, about the length of what she remembered, vaguely, a quarter staff being like, to practice with.

Throndir

Date: Day 1 - 5:12 PM

When you turned to leave both of the children looked towards you then. "Sweets?" The boy had asked.

"Sweets from the hero!" The girl behind him whispered back. Though, they weren't being real quiet. The boy blinked in response, those his eyes were wide in amazement. "You always get like this around strangers, Jowan."

"You're the one who hid behind me!"

"Nu uh!"

The children bickered with each other for a few moments as you started to head out. It was then that they both called out to you.

"Bye hero!"

"Bye bye!"

Location: New World - Chynance Village - Gerens Growden's Home
Date: Day 1 - 5:20 PM

Gerens was already waiting back at his home, and he waved towards you. "Tea is about to be ready... I've prepared some snacks too." He pointed towards the hill where the rest of the villagers were. The group up there was starting to thin out, but you very well knew that the the figure glinting in the evening sunlight talking with the two other figures were most likely still embroiled in argument. "Who knows how long they'll be at this, this time around. But with you being just summoned I suspect they would come down soon." He shrugged.

It was about that time too that you saw Hunt appear from his own errands. He was dragging what looked to be a wheelbarrow behind him full of things.

"Ma'am!" Hunt called out as he quickened his pace. The wheelbarrow behind him bumping up and down on the rough road. "I wasn't quite sure what everything to get... So I got everything I could that might help fix the wagon!" Hunt declared moving the wheelbarrow towards you, then dropping it off. For such a small kid, he managed to get the things quickly. The boy had an accomplished look in his face, and then he strode up to you, almost as if he was expecting something.

Inside the wheelbarrow were a variety of goods. There were log strips of planks of various sizes. Replacement wagon wheels, along with the parts to make them. Along with that there were a variety of nails, wooden pegs, a hammer, a chisel, an auger, and lastly an adze.

Anima mea

Walking up to Geren's home she places the bucket down on the ground and smiles, "Tea and something to snack on will do wonders for Hunt and I.  And speak of the young man and he appears."  As she listens to him and takes stock of what he brought.  She looks over a wheel or two and grins secretly.  She then turns to Geren and smiles, "Master Geren do you mind if Hunt here joins us for tea and snacks?" She puts an arm around Hunt's shoulders, "I dare say the squire has already done more work gathering materials for me than I have all all day."

Throndir

"Sure thing hero!" Gerens exclaimed. "I can bring them in with you into the wagon shed if you'd like." He paused for a moment. "That is, unless you would prefer the privacy still..? Otherwise, come join me in my home. One of my neighbors came by seeing if they can meet you too properly... But I told him not now, as I wasn't sure how well you were acclimating to everything."

When you placed an arm around Hunt. The boy blushed slightly, but he smiled widely. "Well, you see, Kay-Kay always told me to do my best... and you are the hero, so I should try my bestest!"

Anima mea

Looking down at Hunt she grins as she misses his hair.  She then looks at Geren and nods, "Why don't you join me in the stable while I work?  I just needed a few minutes earlier.  I should be just fine now.  I would be honored to have your company while I work."

Taking a few moments to take up the bucket and move it inside the cottage and look around for a moment or two, Diane takes a mental break from reading people and situations.  When she steps back out of the cottage she turns towards the stable, "I guess I'm off to finish the wagon."  Picking up the wheel Barrow and pushing it into the stable and begins to unload planks, nails, a saw and a hammer.